Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #15

As my answer to this would have angered too many people, I will note that, In my opinion, ownership of anything requires some measure of knowledge of the "thing", and how it works, and what to do when it does not work as designed, at least enough to allow temporary correction.

If you, yourself, cannot, or wish not to, correct the situation, make use of local labor for the earliest remedy. Contacting the manufacturer may not be the most efficient course of action, especially when you are steaming.

Maybe my life experiences have formed my thought process, If you are on a ship, in the middle of the ocean, and there is a fire, you best know how to put it out!

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #16

We had a problem with our HWH system this weekend. The coach would not go to ride height, one side stayed up while the other went down. Going down the road the windshield actually jacked out of place. We called HWH Thursday. They did not call us back until Friday. By that time we had found out that Cummins would work on the HWH system. However, the tech with HWH was very helpful and called and talked to the tech at Cummins. Sorry about your problem. Can't imagine a 10 day waiting period. Our problem turned out to be a bad air solenoid valve for the ride height that had to be replaced
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowpulpit View Post
X2 on the HWH support. I experienced the same thing only it took them about two weeks before I got a call back. By then I had the problem fixed. In the future if anyone has an HWH problem contact Stuarts Service in Elkhart IN. He has all HWH parts in stock and has excellent knowledge of their systems.
I just don't understand. Last year HWH really helped me when my front tire blew and took out my HWH harneses. Wires all over the place and completly shredded. I shuddered at what the cost might be. HWH techs spent a lot of time on the phone with me and sent me all the parts to fix my problem. Total cost not counting shipping was about 125. I was ready to give them a 5 star rating for customer service. How could they go downhill so fast? In addition there web site is really great and even offers free courses in hydraulics. My local RV places could not help so what HWH did was a lifesaver for me.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
HWH also is doing costomer service through email. I always get a quick reply. www.hwhcorp.com

Why not state the model number and what the problem is in your next post. There are many here that have years of experience with HWH systems.
Thanks for your suggestion. I should have stated the problem to start with. When we pulled into the CG last friday and tried to level, the front of the coach went all the way up and would not lower. I tried the "Dump" button and also the manual "down" arrow for the front but neither would lower it at all. Finally I started the engine so the HWH system would automatically go to the "Travel" position. That lowered the front to the point where we could use it, even though the step was pretty high for my bad knees and my wife's bad back! I called Monaco tech support but they couldn't offer any solution. My system is the 680 series. Any ideas on this will be greatly appreciated!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I called HWH at noon today with a difficult question relating to the replacement of an obsolete pump assembly. I was told that one of their engineers will need to provide the specs for them to build one. At 5:30 this afternoon, I received a call from HWH with the component list, order number and price.
It will be built and shipped in approx. 5 days. Needless to say, I was very happy with the response time for this.

I hope this helps..
Old 10-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
szy

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Yeah, that was the point I was trying to make. I emailed PowerGear last Saturday with a question and got an answer on Monday, which pretty much ended in "work through Fleetwood". In the meantime, I did a search on THIS SITE and found out what I needed to know.
I called Lippert got a person and free parts under warranty that day

shame on HWH
szy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. I should have stated the problem to start with. When we pulled into the CG last friday and tried to level, the front of the coach went all the way up and would not lower. I tried the "Dump" button and also the manual "down" arrow for the front but neither would lower it at all. Finally I started the engine so the HWH system would automatically go to the "Travel" position. That lowered the front to the point where we could use it, even though the step was pretty high for my bad knees and my wife's bad back! I called Monaco tech support but they couldn't offer any solution. My system is the 680 series. Any ideas on this will be greatly appreciated!
Were you using the automatic level? (I'm not sure how HWH works since ours are PowerGear.) Anyhow, we learned long ago that we get best results by manually leveling instead of using the automatic function.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Are your jacks Air operated? I went up and looked at the 600 series manual and I guess some times you have to pull the bypass valves to get the coach down. Front, back and tag. Before you do it use caution because the coach will come down. See your manual. System looks a lot more complicated than my old hudraulic system.

I also looked at the 600 with hydraulic jacks. There are release T Handles
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #23

What has been for years considered to be the "norm" is contacting dealers...not manufacturers when problems occur. Most manufacturers do not have the staff to have a full fledged customer service staff, just sitting and waiting for an incoming call. That is their dealers responsibility.
Do we call the Chevrolet factory when our Chevy has a problem? No..we call the dealer

HWH has a long list of dealers:
HWH Master Service Centers
Old 10-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Times are tough now. Most dealers are not going to send their people to factory training just for jacks for an occasional repair. Maybe in good times.

I greatly appreciate a company like HWH that is willing to sell to a individual. So few companies will do this.

To be clear, if yu know what part you need you can order it at retail direct from from the company. The girl that aswers will take your order and even look up the correct PN.

That to me is fantastic. Most companies tell yu upfront to go to a dealer. You may be surprised what dealers tell you.

I still give HWH high marks. I am really afraid that forum complaining about this company may cause then to solve support problems like so many companies have done. The solution would be "See your dealer"

Free phone advice may be slow. Don't complain so much that they have to stop it. How many people study the manuals and basics of the system before they call? This requires a longer time on the phone if you don't know the basics. This is free service not something you pay 100 and hour for. The cost is merely to await your turn.

My old 210 system is still fully supported. I was able to get new harnesses and a board for my control unit. Most companies discontinue items that are old an outdated. Replaced my springs. They still sell my jacks, maybe rebuilt at a cheaper cost.

Give them a break. Sorry I got carried away. It is just when something is good I like to see it continue.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 10-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #25

With the economy in the shape its in the market for the motorhomes that would use HWH jacks is a lot smaller than it used to be. It would not be a shock to hear HWH goes out of business. I think we are lucky they are still there.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post
With the economy in the shape its in the market for the motorhomes that would use HWH jacks is a lot smaller than it used to be. It would not be a shock to hear HWH goes out of business. I think we are lucky they are still there.

Jim
Next year is supposed to be bad and after the first of the year companies are going to have to deal and plan for higher taxes. So maybe to prepare they may have to lay off some of the phone techs. I would rather see this happen rather than the company go out of business. Once out ...no parts. Eliminating free advice would seem logical next year.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 10-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a thought...I believe that Coach-Net has a technical assistance line that members can call for help with RV-related technical assistance.

Can someone verify whether this true and has anyone called them to ask a question?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #28
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
GREAT NEWS! Randy with HWH called me this morning. After I described the problem he immediately knew what was wrong. There are two exhaust ports on the manifold up front that distributes air to the air bags. Both were clogged with dirt, probably from mud daubers! That meant that I could put air into the front bags but could not let any out. I got under there and used a small drill bit to clean them out and everything is OK! He apologized for the wait and explained that the company had laid off several tech support people when the economy went south but that they are getting ready to add more now. I'm now REALLY a happy camper!
: dance::d ance:
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service