Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #15

It looks like what happened to the Mom & Pop marinas, back during the housing boom.

Close them down, build a Condo or resort that few could afford.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2016, 07:19 PM   #16

Sounds like it's going to be a little disrupting for a while..? Good Luck!
jason1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:01 PM   #17

Time to make lemonade out of this situation and begin searching for a different parking spot. You might have to move every 2-7 days though. The FL reservation system shows a 1-2 day opening once in a while in state parks in the Keys, then there is always the infrequent cancellation or early departure to check on daily.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogo View Post
I'd enjoy the rest of my stay and look for alternatives. Not healthy to get upset over rented space.
We are not upset as much as disappointed that we are all being treated like this for no real reason I can see. Been coming here a long time and the row we are in is the same gang it has been for years. All friends.

We have been looking and even made a (refundable)reservation at another CG but it is "plan B" because there are others that we would rather be in but they will not make long term reservations until April to give patrons that are already with them a chance to re-up.

palehorse89, did not know about POV CG but I can feel your pain. We would really like to remain in the middle Keys but options are running out.

Filling up the fresh water is a good idea. We were just talking about that this morning. Fuel is pretty full too in case there is a power problem.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Update

The local news was contacted by someone and they did a story on this. A fellow camper also got a petition going and attempted to present it to a representative of the new owner. Now they are saying the buildings will not be demolished until August.

The good: No dust, dirt, noise and heavy truck traffic.

The bad: Employees have already been laid off, entertainment cancelled and the restaurant will be closed. The tiki bar supposedly has no liquor license so it will also be closed. Today there was an appraiser looking at both I assume to get values on the equipment.

For us, we have already asked for a refund for the rest of our stay and given a deposit to a very small CG down the road. This is supposed to give us first shot at the site there for next season. Wish us luck with that.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service