Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 09:47 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjreiffer View Post
WOW, did this ever get off track, all I was hoping to do was to inspire some, that obviously live on this site, to help contribute towards it! It's kind of like the ice bucket challenge of a few years ago, don't need to do it but I know it raised a ton of money to help a good cause. This site, IMHO, is a good cause. The reason I like it is because I get real world experiences (the good, the bad and the ugly) from people that don't get a dime from helping me. I agree, contributing is completely voluntary, just trying to use some good old Dutch Guilt (the way my mother did on me!). Now let's all play nice!

Well I'm glad you brought up the subject, perhaps now they will start accepting other forms of payment.

Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #44

Guilt never worked on me.....

I figure I contribute enough w/o having to send in a monetary donation
Old 04-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #45

Quote:
WOW, did this ever get off track, all I was hoping to do was to inspire some, that obviously live on this site, to help contribute towards it! It's kind of like the ice bucket challenge of a few years ago, don't need to do it but I know it raised a ton of money to help a good cause. This site, IMHO, is a good cause. The reason I like it is because I get real world experiences (the good, the bad and the ugly) from people that don't get a dime from helping me. I agree, contributing is completely voluntary, just trying to use some good old Dutch Guilt (the way my mother did on me!). Now let's all play nice!
You succeeded by bringing the subject up to everyone who is reading this. And letting a few of us get a chuckle while reading the responses. As for the "good, the bad and the ugly" just check out the picture Bob Caldwell posted! It has all three elements you described in that picture!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Old 04-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
This is a very good RV forum! I have benefited from it many times over the 15 or so years I’ve been on it. In fact I have “contributed” a couple of times myself. Before it was bought by a company, contributions were probably VERY important to continued growth and operations. Now the company that owns it, which is doing a fine job of running it, has as near as I can determine an annual revenue exceeding $1million. The company owner, again kudos for his steady direction, looks to own a home worth more than $1million. Like before it became part of a company, I suspect the moderators who put in many hours of needed oversight to keep this place civil and free of chaos, are doing it for free. I’m thankful for that.

Understandably some of what I just said could be off ... not sure. Anyway, I’m not complaining, just remember how it was operated and what has changed over time. I just don’t see this as a “GoFundMe” type of scenario. YMMV. If you feel like contributing, please do so.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
The word just seemed to fit while agreeing to what you posted about anonymity, it was not meant to be harsh or degrading in any manner.

That is the way I took it initially but as I read on I am not sure some others did. I am sure you didnt mean it that way. I have seen nothing but respect from admins to members here.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:54 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
This is a very good RV forum! I have benefited from it many times over the 15 or so years I’ve been on it. In fact I have “contributed” a couple of times myself. Before it was bought by a company, contributions were probably VERY important to continued growth and operations. Now the company that owns it, which is doing a fine job of running it, has as near as I can determine an annual revenue exceeding $1million. The company owner, again kudos for his steady direction, looks to own a home worth more than $1million. Like before it became part of a company, I suspect the moderators who put in many hours of needed oversight to keep this place civil and free of chaos, are doing it for free. I’m thankful for that.

Understandably some of what I just said could be off ... not sure. Anyway, I’m not complaining, just remember how it was operated and what has changed over time. I just don’t see this as a “GoFundMe” type of scenario. YMMV. If you feel like contributing, please do so.
Thanks for the update. I guess if a company has taken it over and has taken the time to generate ads that can create $1M in revenue, great for them! You are right about contributing to the site. Now I do find the extra $16 a year is giving me more than enough space to post photos (and that I know cost $). I really appreciate the input and feedback.

1998 Georgie Boy Swinger/2005 Jeep Liberty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-12-2019, 05:19 AM   #49
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFT View Post
That is the way I took it initially but as I read on I am not sure some others did. I am sure you didnt mean it that way. I have seen nothing but respect from admins to members here.
As did I. A poke a levity is really the way that I took it but it appears that some folks are a bit too thin skinned,that John's comment was directed at them and can't see the humor. Just people .... being people, I guess
Old 04-12-2019, 05:39 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Seeing that with the right search terms I have over 4 Google pages to myself, I don't think having my name on a RV forum is a big deal, but I do see others with sharp keyboards that want to stay totally anon. We gladly pay to support the forum and spent money out of pocket to support it everywhere we go and hopefully have brought a few to the forum.

Kelly and Jerry Powell with Halo (Lethal White Aussie), Nash the Rat Terrorist, and now Reid, the "Brindle we have no idea puppy"

CAREFUL there! Someone just opened a credit card in Halo's name, Nash is now on the Do Not Fly List, and Brindle is going to get LOTS of junque mail trying to get him/her to pay for DNA testing to find his/her real parents! All just because you put their info on IRV2!
Old 04-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
With the continual drift off topic and some post in violation of the community rules being removed this thread is being closed.
Thanks to all that responded on topic and within the rules.
Closed Thread