Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We've been using the Charmin Ultra Soft for many years with no clogging problems. The Happy Camper tank treatment dissolves it!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #16

We use Charmin ultra soft as well with no issues. I remember watching a YouTube video testing various brands against RV TP. Charmin Ultra soft actually broke down faster than the RV TP so go figure!
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #17

I have used the heaviest toilet paper that works in my little tooth. In 25 years I have never had an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agesilaus View Post
We generally stick with Scott's TP for the RV but during the current madness that was non-obtanium. We ended up with some Charmin TP. I noticed that the toilet was plugging up in the pipe down to the black tank despite running extra water. The thick heavy Charmin was sticking in the vertical pipe.

Hopefully the black tank isn't plugged up. I dumped a bottle of Dish detergent down into the tank and will flush the tank out for an extra long time next time we dump it.

Scott's is now available and we have dumped the Charmin and replaced it with our usual, no problem Scott's. We have never found that the RV TP they sell, was needed.
Dennis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #18

Also, I partially step on the flush valve to put a fair amount of water in the bowl then i poop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis123 View Post
I have used the heaviest toilet paper that works in my little tooth. In 25 years I have never had an issue.
Dennis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agesilaus View Post
We generally stick with Scott's TP for the RV but during the current madness that was non-obtanium. We ended up with some Charmin TP. I noticed that the toilet was plugging up in the pipe down to the black tank despite running extra water. The thick heavy Charmin was sticking in the vertical pipe.

Hopefully the black tank isn't plugged up. I dumped a bottle of Dish detergent down into the tank and will flush the tank out for an extra long time next time we dump it.

Scott's is now available and we have dumped the Charmin and replaced it with our usual, no problem Scott's. We have never found that the RV TP they sell, was needed.
You should find this toilet paper science project interesting. Shockingly Charmin took more than 30 seconds to break-down.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:17 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you want no problems in your tank put used TP in an enclosed waste brasket with a plastic sack liner. Tie off and throw out with the kitchen garbage often.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:25 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
There is a reason Charmin uses bears in their ads......it should only be used in the woods!

(Ultra Soft will work, Ultra Strong, not so much. Try this trick if you have any doubts about stuff getting broken down. Dump your leftover ice cubes into the tank when you break camp and hit the road. The movement going down the road will help break up and agitate everything in the tank.)
RI Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Expat View Post
There is a reason Charmin uses bears in their ads......it should only be used in the woods!

(Ultra Soft will work, Ultra Strong, not so much. Try this trick if you have any doubts about stuff getting broken down. Dump your leftover ice cubes into the tank when you break camp and hit the road. The movement going down the road will help break up and agitate everything in the tank.)
I'm not so sure about that trick. I've seen videos where they tested it in a clear plastic tank and the ice cubes only clean at the water level because they float and never get to the lower gunk!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:04 AM   #23

Charmin Ultra soft and Happy Campers (at Amazon or eBay).... works for me.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
If you want no problems in your tank put used TP in an enclosed waste brasket with a plastic sack liner. Tie off and throw out with the kitchen garbage often.
Many years ago I saw a sign in a friends RV head. "Put anything you want in the toilet...as long as you eat it first" We have never put toilet paper in an RV or boat head, keep a bunch of plastic bags so all toilet paper is contained stink free.
TIME2CAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Expat View Post

There was a YouTube of a guy experimenting with the ice cube trick. He built a clear plexiglass tank and put it in his truck bed. Adding ice and videotaped it as he went down the highway. The ice did absolutely nothing for removing the dirt he had put on the sides of the tank.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:11 PM   #26

The only thing that goes into my MH toilet is what comes out of me! All this discussion on TP is ridiculous. You can use any brand TP you want... Just don't throw it in the toilet! You will never have TP clogs, I promise!
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:36 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommar View Post
The only thing that goes into my MH toilet is what comes out of me![emoji23] All this discussion on TP is ridiculous. You can use any brand TP you want... Just don't throw it in the toilet![emoji144] You will never have TP clogs, I promise![emoji144]
Can you spell Salmonella , E. Coli, Listeria bacteria???

We have sewer treatment facilities in this country for reason...

"what comes out of you" should not go to the land fill... Even if it's in a little baggie.
Concord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concord View Post
Can you spell Salmonella , E. Coli, Listeria bacteria???

We have sewer treatment facilities in this country for reason...

"what comes out of you" should not go to the land fill... Even if it's in a little baggie.
Stay out of Mexico if it bothers you then, that is the standard method in nearly all of that country. It's also the way many RV'ers, and virtualy all boaters operate.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet