Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Chart your best camping/RV years

Just as a bit of fun, has anyone charted the best years of your life for camping?
Plan ahead for best years, save and/or get experience now to enjoy your future years without a steep/expensive learning curve.
Here are the best years IMHO:

Your youth 0-13
Single years 18-26
26-39 with your kids who’ll camp with you
52 when your kids begin camping with their kids
65 when you’ll have free time or fulltime

Does someone know how to chart this?
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Those seasons are best defined for me by the manner in which I camped:

• Your youth 0-13 - Camping with Dad in his truck camper
• Single years 18-26 - Back packing with my fiance and eventual wife
• 26-39 with your kids who’ll camp with you - First and second pop-up tow-behinds
• 52 when your kids begin camping with their kids - Mid-fifties we got into our first DP
• 65 when you’ll have free time or fulltime - The best years are yet to come, right???

I would certainly add all of the camping with the Boy Scouts in the age 13 to 18 bracket -- those are the times where I learned the most about REAL camping.

Each "season of life" is very different and has its own highs and lows. So it does for camping, as well. I wouldn't know how to quantify the "fun factor" or define the "best...years," but I know for sure that we are loving the Full-Timer "season" that we are in now!

\ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:18 AM   #3

In my teens myself and a friend had Cushman scooters, (remember those?), and we would strap on a tent, Coleman stove, and a small cooler and take off on some wonderful adventures. Being from SoCal weather was never really a worry, although it did snow on us one night in the Laguna Mtns. What made it so much fun was the newness, and the adventure of it, and of course probably being young and naïve had something to do with it. But it was a different time. Now, I'm in a diesel pusher with all the comforts of home, but then of course I'm too old to be throwing a sleeping bag out on the ground and expecting to be able to sleep. If I did that now it would take a couple strong guys to get me in an upright position. But I wouldn't change a thing.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Not to Hijack your thread but something I wish someone had suggested to us earlier in our camping career is a "Camping Log"! We use RV Trip Wizard to plan our trips. Trip Wizard has the ability to download our "planned" trips in an Excel format. I add a "qualitative comment" column to the spreadsheet for the campgrounds (pictures 1 & 2) and a map (picture 3) for each trip. We then store the trips in a 3 ring binder. The binder provides a "travel log" of our trips AND qualitative assessments of campgrounds should we venture that way in the future... Wish we would have started this when we first started camping...

Old 11-22-2015, 11:42 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Excellent use of software to log your journeys. How many times have you gotten the feeling youve been here before! Now youd know why!
In the case of the graph itd be for those contemplating fulltiming.
We didnt ever trailer before getting our first moho. That skill is critical for
RV tt or toad. Get those skills early as an investment for future travel years,
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping