Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2023, 04:39 AM   #1

Check you EZPass Account

After a trip, go on line and check your EZPass account.
I just did a trip thru the Ohio Turnpike and was charged the full amount of $45.75.
I entered west of Cleveland and I remember from last yr my charge was about $20.
I checked my transactions and found that the Ohio Turnpike didn’t record my entry, so they charged me the full $45+.
I did go thru the Ezpass lane and the green go light and the gate went up.
I called my Pennsylvania EZpass customer service and they emailed me a dispute form. I filled it out with a copy of the transactions.
They refunded me the difference in about 2 weeks.
From now on, I’m always checking my EZpass account after a trip
Tip: Try to record somewhere the time you enter the highway. They asked for the time I entered at that entry point. Lucky me it was still timestamped on my dashcam.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2023, 06:49 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I always check my toll account, though it isn’t EZPass. We tow a vehicle, and it has its own signal since we use it on the toll roads by itself sometimes. I want to make sure I get both vehicles charged appropriately and not double charged. So far, so good, but I believe in “Trust but verify.”
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 05:18 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
My EZ Pass transponder wouldn't read getting off in Ohio traveling from PA. Turns out transponders only last about 10 years. Mine was 15 years old.
rosspater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 06:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspater View Post
My EZ Pass transponder wouldn't read getting off in Ohio traveling from PA. Turns out transponders only last about 10 years. Mine was 15 years old.
When mine was going bad, they automatically sent me a replacement transponder, a return bag and a letter stating which one (serial number) was bad, and to put the bad one in the bag and mail it back. I wondered why the display at the tolls was saying "battery low."
Bill 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 09:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill 3rd View Post
When mine was going bad, they automatically sent me a replacement transponder, a return bag and a letter stating which one (serial number) was bad, and to put the bad one in the bag and mail it back. I wondered why the display at the tolls was saying "battery low."
Be sure to put it in the bag. I mailed my daughter her new one and when she sent the old one back to me, we got charged for the whole trip up the Jersey Turnpike in the UPS truck. I called NY E-Z Pass, explained what happened and they promptly credited our account.
harryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 04:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjr View Post
Be sure to put it in the bag. I mailed my daughter her new one and when she sent the old one back to me, we got charged for the whole trip up the Jersey Turnpike in the UPS truck. I called NY E-Z Pass, explained what happened and they promptly credited our account.
Same thing happened to me. When we were sent a replacement unit, the device was not in the protective pouch. The account was billed $$$$ as the UPS truck made its rounds. I called EZPass and said they could see the charges occurred before I actually got the box!

I never thought about the battery only lasting 10 years. Ours is probably right at that age.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:57 AM   #7

Agree! The hardest part for me is maintaining the "log" up to date and keeping up with the number of axles.