Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2018, 06:23 AM   #15
IC2

[QUOTE=Old-Biscuit;4155942]
But dang.......smokers have rights ]

J/QUOTE]

They do?

To pollute my space with the crap that killed my parents, a work manager and at least three good friends?

No more rights then that idiot that likes to 'roll coal' from his clapped out diesel pickup. Or that character that decides to burn garbage in a suburban neighborhood. Or that body shop that paints vehicles spewing isocyanate laden overspray.

I'll ask nicely but will most likely end up moving as it will probably never stop
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2018, 06:57 AM   #16

it`s raining, so?

This almost as bad as the guy that came from 3 sites over to my left that complained his wife couldn`t sleep last night cause I left my under camper lights on all night ( these are just purple accent lights not flood lights or sodium vapor street lights )and asked if I could be sure to turn them off tonight. I said sure no problem then I asked if his camper had blinds as he was walking away, he didn`t answer.
So some people just need to complain about anything and everything and feel they can tell you what they don`t like w about how you are living your life. Yes yes yes we all know a neighbors lifestyle choices can encroach on your perfect life from time to time but hey that`s why I live in the country 800 yards from the nearest house not in a high density neighborhood like a lot of you do, so how do you think your neighbors like that big diesel starting up on a real cold morning at 5 AM so you can get to work in the snow or the nice neighbor that has the Harley with no mufflers that starts it up before dawn to go to work cause it`s going to be a nice riding day.
Take a break, move if you don`t like your camping buddy I have cause the friendly person next door has their dogs caged outside that will not stop barking at the slightest movement on MY camping site.
Some times I think the Devil is at work here when people clean up after their dog and think they have done their job but in reality the mess is still there but just not in the quantity that the dog left so yes it still ends up on your shoes or on the kids ball or his bare feet walking to the beach front.
But that`s ok because it`s you, right?
Old 04-25-2018, 07:27 AM   #17

[QUOTE=IC2;4156279]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
But dang.......smokers have rights ]

J/QUOTE]

They do?
Yes they do until the law says they don't.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:39 AM   #18

I just hate the smell of cigarettes and smokers. The smell is not only with them when they smoke. But gets in their skin, hair and clothes as well as everything else near by. People have the right to smoke, but I don't think many care how they smell or impact others. The ordor is horribly pungent and strong even when not smoking. Just my experience. I would leave and chalk it up to another site ruined by a neighbor
Old 04-25-2018, 07:43 AM   #19

Electronic ones dont stink and are far less health damaging (95%+)...we quit analogs 7 years ago happily...just saying
Old 04-25-2018, 07:45 AM   #20
IC2

[QUOTE=Craig1960;4156373]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post

Try going into your local restaurant, school, grocery, theater, library, etc, etc, etc plus California along with a few more states, even a few CGs now, with a putrid smelling butt hanging out of your mouth and you will quickly find out what your so called 'rights' are. Good luck with that 'rights' thought
Old 04-25-2018, 07:56 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
I smoke, DW quit years ago.

At a campsite i use a coffee can with a lid some water in the bottom, i replace the lid every time i put out a cig.

I do not smoke in the rv.

I do not smoke in my home.

I don't want to disturb anyone.

Years ago restaurants had smoking and non-smoking sections, sometimes the smoking section was a complete walled off space ... movie theaters, stadiums etc.

So if one were to entire a restaurant i would be asked smoking or non-smoking section.

This one time sitting in a smoking section the people that were in front of my party decided they couldn't wait for a non-smoking section table, so they sat in the smoking section.

The people at the non-smoking table next to ours started in with everyone smoking in the section. All in all, one bye one the non-smoking people turned their attention to me, cause i lit one up.

Lady who doesn't smoke starts right in, put that cig. out she screechs at me. I said no !

Now the entire room is looking at me, her boyfriend / husband whatever a big burly guy, said she asked you nicely .

Woa says i, if that's the way she asks you to do something nicely i would hate to incur her full wrath, and the reply to her request is denied. Smoke billowing up as i exhale.

She wasn't taking no for a answer.

I inhale another drag, she off and running talking to her boyfriend / husband the other 2 people at her table, the waiter, other smokers who she bullied into putting out their lit cig.

Says i to the other smokers, why she sit in here knowing it's a smoking section, starts her entitled behavior, and expects me to change my habits ?

Another drag on my cig., she the one burning now, me sipping wine and enjoying my smoke even more.

Big burly guy about to get up out of his chair because now he has to defend his wife / girlfriend / mistress maybe, didn't say he had good taste but he starts to get up.

This must have been the way things go in their life bullying people into compliance, except this time.

Says i to the big burly guy " you have health insurance " i turn to my wife and say call a ambulance for this guy with no neck, the floor is going to jump up and hit him in the face if he gets out of that chair while we are still here.

The big burly guy stays in his chair till we left, oh we made it to the B-way theater in time .

I'm in my spot at a campground smoking, don't come over to tell me where to smoke, when to smoke .

People burn wet wood all day it blows over to my camp side i ignore it, see they have the right to burn wet wood, as i have the right to smoke where legal.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
I'm in one of those places where the spaces are real tight and my neighbor smokes outside. That's bad enough, but there's a tiny breeze that will eventually dissipate the smoke cloud.

But he has a 5-gallon bucket that he puts the butts in, which concentrates them, leading to an overwhelming stale cigarette butt stench that is impossible to get away from if I'm outside.

I guess I have to give him credit for not throwing them on the ground, but at least then he might grind them in a little and maybe they wouldn't stink so much.

I wish he'd smoke inside his own RV instead of inflicting it on others.
5 gallon bucket full of butts? Sounds like your in a dumpy place that allows anyone with a piece of crap RV to stay as long as you want?? Sorry but it's still a free country, so leave. Don't get me wrong I'm a non smoker and I hate the smell, but I hate the fact that a person sitting outside his RV can't have a smoke if they want to. But your lucky because you can simply pick up, hook up and leave. I would not even think about asking a camper next to me to not smoke, I would leave. But I'm not the kind of person that thinks the world should conform to my way. I like having choices, it seems like we as citizens are having more and more "choices" made for us. Sorry if I didn't say what you want to hear but if it was me and it made my stay uncomfortable I would leave.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:25 AM   #23

It’s a filthy addictive habit that affects others. Weak bodies and minds.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:26 AM   #24

[QUOTE=Craig1960;4156373]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post

I've yet to see a sign at a campground that said "no smoking in your camp site"
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:41 AM   #25

Outdoors RV Owners Club
This is why I enjoy boondocking out here in the west. I can burn my campfire, fart, pee on a tree, scratch where I itch, and step out of the trailer in my boxers. Nobody to be around and bothered by my screaming grandkids as they chase each other. I don’t smoke but if I did it wouldn’t bother anyone but family and their stuck with me.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:45 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Alen View Post
People burn wet wood all day it blows over to my camp side i ignore it, see they have the right to burn wet wood, as i have the right to smoke where legal.
Smoke from a campfire is nothing compared to the stink of a cigarette. Not even close
Old 04-25-2018, 08:50 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
Smoke from a campfire is nothing compared to the stink of a cigarette. Not even close
I've smelled some camp fires that smelled like the people we burning crappy baby diapers.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:04 AM   #28

Weather permitting, I have about 3-4 cigars a week. I enjoy the cigar outside with a rum and coke or two while reading a good book in the late afternoon. I do try to position myself based on the wind to not affect others, but also where I have a good view and in the sun/shade depending on the season.

We have been full-timing for two years and I have never had anyone in the RV park ever complain. In fact, I am always surprised how many women have come up and mentioned that their father/grandfather smoked cigars and they like the aroma.

I respond well to polite requests to move (within reason), but I do not respond well to rudeness.

I am resigned to the current anti-smoking legislation. Times change. I have never had a cigarette, but love my La Gloria Cubana Serie R #6 cigars. Non-smokers say they want the right to be able to go anywhere and avoid smoke. I would just like to have the right to go somewhere to smoke. We both have rights. Right now, in the RV park (especially our site) it is legal and I will continue to enjoy a legal product in the open outdoors.
Closed Thread