Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2020, 08:29 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Cincinnati I-75/I-71 Closed

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...rs/6262027002/

This is the combined I-75/I-71 double-decker bridge crossing the Ohio River into downtown. The lower level(northbound) is where the wreck occurred. Intense heat may have damaged the steel structure above. Unknown when will reopen.

Go around Cincinnati on I-275, east side is the shorter distance. Evening rush hour yesterday was flowing well on this route.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2020, 10:27 AM   #2

The Roebling bridge is also closed. It's a historically interesting suspension bridge that wasn't designed for heavy trucks and was being used by truckers unsafely as an alternate route. To prevent damage or collapse, it has also been closed. Best route is to take either I-471 or I-275.

Just FYI: The Bruce Spence bridge carries both I-71 and I-75 over the river. It's needed replaced for years, but is a very difficult, expensive, job because of the amount of traffic it carries. Hopefully it'll get the attention it needs soon.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:30 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Being discussed here.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f42/majo...th-514464.html
Closed Thread