Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2017, 08:36 AM   #1

Claims & Roadside Assistance experience

We are preparing to go fulltime shortly and I am in the midst of evaluating full-timer insurance. It looks like National General is giving me the best quote for the coverage we require. I would love to hear what other's claims experience has been with National General.

Also, because National General does not cover extensive roadside assistance, we will be adding a separate policy for that. I am looking at the FMCA Roadside Assistance right now. I would also love to hear about your experience with their customer service as well as their handling of claims and assistance.

Thanks. This forum has been a godsend over the last two years of preparation.
RevSM100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #2

I have National General mostly because they cover a lot of damage to the coach and towed vehicle that Auto Club didn't cover. Fortunately I haven't had a claim By the way, National General partners with Good Sam. I do have Good Sam roadside service and the two times I had to use them they were great.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
we have Giaco and just recently had our first no fault claim. driving I 10 east through Texas and entering Louisiana a flat bed in front of us didn't have a secured load and their tarp flew off and went under our RV ripping off the muffler and damaged the drive shaft. The flatbed was insured but we were told that using our insurance with a $500 deductible would be the fastest way to settle. We sat along side I 10 with the traffic whistling by about two hours till the police came by and wrote up the incident. We then were told to remove the RV (it was driveable after removing the rest of the muffler) about two miles to the nearest Love's service station. This happened on a wednesday and it took six days to get back on the road. We are still waiting for our deductible from the other insurance company....
Old 04-01-2017, 09:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Hey the deductible is in the mail from Geico!!
Old 04-01-2017, 11:07 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have had Good Sam and Coach-Net road service over the years. Both have provided good service. We have had tires changed, tires fixed, jump starts and towing done - on Motorhome and cars. Have not looked at it, but I would think FMCA's offering would be comparable in coverages and services.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSM100 View Post
Also, because National General does not cover extensive roadside assistance, we will be adding a separate policy for that. I am looking at the FMCA Roadside Assistance right now.
What doesn't National General cover compared to FMCA?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:27 PM   #7

I think your question is about two different types of policies:

National General (Good Sam) policy is for collision, liability, medical, etc. as required by my state for license plates.

Coach.Net (and the FMCA equivalent) is essentially RV towing insurance and purchase is voluntary. Good Sam also offers RV towing insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
What doesn't National General cover compared to FMCA?
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote