Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #1

Class A or C with no bedroom

Does anyone know of class A or C floor plan that has no bedroom? I'm looking for a sleep over the cab model. Since it's just me solo, I don't need all the space taken up with a bedroom, I'd rather have a big kitchen, washer / dryer, etc... Much harder to find than I anticipated.
Ulspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2017, 07:48 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
It would have to be a C. Class A Motorhomes don't have a cab to sleep over.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:53 PM   #3

Safari Trek was a Class A with no bedroom. It has a drop-down bed that stores at the ceiling when not in use. There are always some for sale on RV Trader.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulspeed View Post
Does anyone know of class A or C floor plan that has no bedroom? I'm looking for a sleep over the cab model. Since it's just me solo, I don't need all the space taken up with a bedroom, I'd rather have a big kitchen, washer / dryer, etc... Much harder to find than I anticipated.
Probably need a bit more information because there are 40 -50 years worth of MHs in the Western Hemisphere. Gas or diesel, length, budget, range of years? As mentioned, only Class C has a sleep area in the cabover and washer / dryer are generally options in larger Class A. You might use the filters in RV Trader and review the results along with the photos to help narrow your preferred floor plans.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
Thor ACE and other As have a drop down bed over the "cab" area.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thor/Damon Outlaw 3611, later 37LS, and larger 3808 or new 37BG are Class A Toy Haulers...or 29H Class C Toy Hauler...no bedroom.

Sleeping in all these models (except the new 37BG) is in a VERY comfy loft (mid-ship for Class A - Over cab for Class C) that is bigger than a Cal King in the Class A's...plus they have the typical sofa/sleeper, convertable dinette, bunks in the garage, and in the later 37LS, a drop-down overhead queen above the cockpit. The 37BG has 2 drop-down queens, one front, one rear.

The garage is 10'-13.5' of the total length and fits a Smart For Two or Scion IQ (no need to tow a car) or several motorcycles, trike, or side-by side.

We're a couple and also have no need for a formal bedroom that wastes 1/3 of the too valuable floorplan. And the garage is a multi-purpose room that doubles as a guest room, office, shop, craftroom, gameroom, etc...and is a wonderful sunroom and off-ground patio with the ramp dropped as a deck.

Name:   attachment-7.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  39.9 KB

Most are the venerable and obligatory Ford F53 gas chassis (Class C is E450), but there are some with the monster 8.1L (496c.i.)/Allison Workhorse and the FRont Engine Diesel/Allison (FRED) by Freightliner

And, before the RV balloon popped during the recession, there were others...see:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/clas...rs-130973.html

Just an option
Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post

Several A's have hydraulic drop down beds over the cab, but they have bedrooms as well.
Ulspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmachine View Post
Safari Trek was a Class A with no bedroom. It has a drop-down bed that stores at the ceiling when not in use. There are always some for sale on RV Trader.
We had one for several years. Worked out well. The living space of a much larger coach in a small footprint. Ours was 28'.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #9

A little mod will do it.......

I don't think there is anything like you describe out there in the market.

However.....

Here's a series of floor plans for the Sunseeker line of Class C units.....different lengths and with/without slides. The 3 smallest units with the rear bed stuck into the corner, could easily have the bed removed, and become an extension of the kitchen for whatever, and a washer dryer installed too because of easy access to the plumbing in the kitchen and bathroom.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=sunse...J1qGjM35srqeM:

Just sayin'
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Don't know of one without a bedroom! Keep it between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #11

Many shorter Class C RVs don't have a separate bed. We used to have a 24' Class C with only the cab over bed. The couch and take could still be made into beds when needed.
By the time you get up to a 29' Class C you're probably going to have a bed in bed in the back.
CWJK55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:57 PM   #12

I have a 2002 Safari Trek 2830, sounds just about like what you are describing, the bed is on cog-tracks and motorized, it lifts into the living room ceiling. One nice thing about the Trek's is that they were built to much higher standards than many other small Class A's, and were generally fully loaded on features (leveling jacks, full body paint, inverter, convection microwave, ....) they also had a much higher MSRP, compare my 2002 Trek which had an MSRP of around $119,000 vs the same year Fleetwood Flair 30 ft (both built on the same P32 chassis) which had an MSRP of around $68,000.

If you want to take a look at a 2002 Trek 2830 this is a good video, although there are a few salesman mistakes (length, transmission, ...)

Also if you serious consider a Trek make sure to join the Trek Trax message board Login
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:12 PM   #13

I believe one of the Thor Axis motorhomes is a Class A with a back kitchen, so no bedroom. I think it has a drop down bed. It's somewhere around 24' or 25'.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:38 PM   #14

More details...but two models come to mind.

~2004 Jayco 26SS

~2012 Winnebago View 24M

Yes, very similar layouts, but different chassis and ages.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	26SS.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	170003   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012_Winnebago_View_24M[1].jpg
Views:	92
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	170004  

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags