Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Keep what I have or Class A or Toy Hauler
Class A Pusher 5 50.00%
Toy Hauler 1 10.00%
Keep what I have 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2019, 07:40 PM   #1

Class A or Toy Hauler or keep what I have!

I just turned 50 and I am thinking about retirement already even though its 15 years away!!! LOL Would like to maybe purchase something now and have it paid for by the time I retire.
We have a 2010 Montana DBQ right now that we have had a couple of years now. But I have always wanted a Class A pusher! But we have talked ourselves out of it due to the maintenance on them. But we keep thinking that is the way to go?? If you want to pull over and take a nap you can or even sleep for the night pull over at a Cracker Barrel.
With the 5th wheel we have now it doesn't have a generator so we can't do that!
But then I thought about a Toy Hauler? Then you have plenty of room in the back to haul a spyder motorcycle and / or golf cart. And anything else you want to bring with you. And also have the bunks if needed. And plus the toy hauler has a generator in it to so you can stop whenever you want as well.

As anyone else thought about this?
Whats your onionin? I know it all up to us but still thinking!
The motorhome will have to be an older one is my one of my reserves and by the time I retire it will be even older. Where as the toy hauler won't be as old??? Then the 5th wheel we have now is made very well compared to the newer ones now! And it will be paid for in a few more years!!!
Wright1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #2

Check out a class A toyhauler....might fit your needs....google models

Rick
Sam 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:56 PM   #3

Diesel pusher for the win!
I've had a toyhauler and my dad had a class c. Many of my friends have RV's off all different types.
I now have a d.p. and in my opinion there is no comparison....
D.P. for the win, for more reasons then I'm willing to type out.
I'm sure plenty will disagree with me, but I'd never own anything else....
Old 07-15-2019, 10:51 PM   #4

Keep what you have....buy 4KW gen and install in bed of truck

Then in 10 yrs re-evaluate and go from there
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:03 PM   #5

Definitely keep what you have and start saving some money so you'll have the money in 15 years when you retire. Why keep going into debt? Also, buying an older diesel now and planning to keep it for 15+ years isn't going to satisfy you in 15 years. You'll want something newer.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:40 PM   #6

This is what I posted in another thread on Gas or Diesel! An I am retired, I have been retired for 10 years now.

Why even buy a Class A RV?

My wife wanted a Class A/Super C when we went back to traveling and camping when the children left to be on their own. I said why? We still need to tow a toad if we have a motorhome. Why not invest in a 5er and pick-up truck, than I would not need to maintain three rolling chassis. An save some money in insurance, operating cost so forth and still have two very good vehicles. A diesel pick-up truck and a very good 5er plus your car.
Will I am glad she agreed with this decision since we have had three different 5er in the 13 years we have been traveling and camping now. I could not afford three different motorhomes in that time period. Plus I can run between 65 and 55 all day long with my trailer attached. I cross the continental divide doing 55mph on I70 in 5th gear with no issues at all pulling my Cedar Creek.

The only downside to this is we can't stay at class A resorts, but do I really want to!
Old 07-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
The diesel pusher seems like what I want most. Now if I can ever quit working on it and get to actually use it I will find out for sure.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, toy hauler