Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2016, 11:25 AM   #1

Class A snobbery

Finding it very interesting that there are posts on here where owners of class A's believe they are a cut above anyone with any other type of RV. One guy even went so far as to say that people that own toy haulers have no manners and don't discipline their kids.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2016, 11:36 AM   #2

I've been giving serious thought to selling the 5th and moving UP to a Class A just so I can hang out with Buffy and Thorston at the pool. Honey...have you seen my madras shorts???
Old 06-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
I've been giving serious thought to selling the 5th and moving UP to a Class A just so I can hang out with Buffy and Thorston at the pool. Honey...have you seen my madras shorts???
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
Old 06-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #4

Class A snobbery

I'm sorry you have had those type encounters. I remember an encounter my wife and I had back in 2004 on the way back home from Ohio. We pulled into this park and were parked beside a marathon motor coach that appeared to be 100 ft long. We were in a 1992 21ft TT. We got set up and here came this guy out of the motor coach came right over introduced himself and started chatting under our dirty awning. Found out he owned a large construction co in Florida and after visiting for a while asked me what I did and I replied I was in the military. He stood up and shook my hand again and thanked me for my service so I assume there are some good class A folks out there.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #5

I guess my question would be why do you care so much? In my opinion it takes a certain amount of snobbery to worry about someone else being a snob. I could care less what people in an RV park think. I'm there to enjoy my vacation with my family.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
I guess my question would be why do you care so much? In my opinion it takes a certain amount of snobbery to worry about someone else being a snob. I could care less what people in an RV park think. I'm there to enjoy my vacation with my family.
I agree with you, but it looks like the OP is talking about "snobbery" on this forum, which I haven't noticed. If I did notice it, I wouldn't particularly care or be bothered by it anyway.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
Finding it very interesting that there are posts on here where owners of class A's believe they are a cut above anyone with any other type of RV. One guy even went so far as to say that people that own toy haulers have no manners and don't discipline their kids.
Could be true in some cases but not in all cases.
I have had a pop-up, TT and now a MH. I really enjoyed each one and I know the fun that can be had with each. I have never owned a fiver or a TH but I have coveted several of the models that I have walked through. I am always happy when someone enjoys their unit no matter what it is and if there is a problem I sincerely desire to see it resolved because I've been there. I may go back to a TT or even try a fiver one day.
There will always be snobs among us. It could be Ford, Chevy, Dodge. How about Diesel vs Gas? Michelin or Toyo?
If you are happy with what you have, I'm happy with you.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #8

If you look hard enough and really want to, you can find anything to be upset about.

Al Sawyer
'05 Mt. Aire
Old 06-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #9
Community Administrator

You'll unfortunately see those type of posts. Thankfully they're few and far between. If of course you think that they go far enough to go against our Community Rules , you are encouraged to report them to us.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 06-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I ain't seen snobbery on this site.. But could be , I'm sure no one on here gives a damn about a snobs opinion...
Safe-T-Plus
Old 06-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #11

I'm kind of surprised by the OP's comments. I guess that if you want to see the worst in people you can find it. If you want to see the best in folks, you know what, you can usually find that too.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:34 PM   #12

A GREAT Lady once said:

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

"When you adopt the standards and the values of someone else … you surrender your own integrity. You become, to the extent of your surrender, less of a human being.”

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #13

I saw the post you are referring too, and it was a little rude, but we are not all that way so like anything it's never fair to take the shotgun approach and lump everyone in the same category. For what it's worth we have owned several RV's including Campers and TT's. Some of the friends we go out with have TT and 5th Wheels. When we were looking for our MH we really debated back/forth both between the Class A MH, and the 5th wheel, as well as getting the toyhauler version of each. We take our grandkids out with us and the garage would be a nice thing to have. The way I look at it we are all in this together no matter the type of RV, gas/diesel, new or used. We are all the same.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:53 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
I saw the post you are referring too, and it was a little rude, but we are not all that way so like anything it's never fair to take the shotgun approach and lump everyone in the same category. For what it's worth we have owned several RV's including Campers and TT's. Some of the friends we go out with have TT and 5th Wheels. When we were looking for our MH we really debated back/forth both between the Class A MH, and the 5th wheel, as well as getting the toyhauler version of each. We take our grandkids out with us and the garage would be a nice thing to have. The way I look at it we are all in this together no matter the type of RV, gas/diesel, new or used. We are all the same.
X2

I saw that post too, and kind of threw in a few jabs. Hope I never give off that aura of snobbery. I'm actually a toy hauler fan, and am trying hard to talk my daughter into getting one so I can have her bring some toys for me My grandson and I are probably the most rowdy in the campsite.
Closed Thread

Tags
class a