Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #1

Cleaning Water tank on a 2003 Sea Breeze 1341

I have bought a 2003 34 ft Sea Breeze model 1341. I have the owners manual but it does not cover these questions. (1) The onboard water tanks have not been used in quite awhile. I need to flush with bleach solution but have not been able to locate the top of the tank to see if there is a fitting at the top. OR how can I rig up a way to pump it in from the city water intake? (2) There is quite a bit of play ( 3/4-1 inch "ish") in the steering. Generally you need to have the steering wheel to the right a bit. I had the alignment checked , no issues and had the repair shop look at the steering. He suggested we consider an after market anti sway system. I have never hear of this. Anyone familiar with this add on and it's effectiveness? Thank you
2003 Sea Breeze MH
Ceezeemex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hook up water hose to RV, other end not connected, set lever to tank fill, fill water hose with about 2 cups of bleach, attach to hose bib, turn on water. The amount of bleach is up to you, but I've heard Quarter cup for 10 gallons of water.

Glenn
Old 07-23-2018, 01:13 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
A 1/4 cup of bleach per 15 gallons is standard. Make sure that you turn on all of the faucets and shower and let them run until you smell the bleach. If you are going to introduce the bleach through a hose make sure to take the in line water filter out first. Flush everything at least twice after letting it sit.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! I've never sanitized our freshwater tank so can't comment on that! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:19 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #6

Water intake

Thanks for the responses. Great idea to pour the beach directly into the hose! Cleans the hose as well. My second question was to do with steering play and an anti sway system? Any thoughts?
Old 07-24-2018, 08:49 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

First get the front end checked out and aligned so that at rest the steering is on-center. If there is too much play in the steering, either the bell crank or the tie rods are sloppy and out of spec, but there are specs for each and a decent shop ought to have them and be able to check and fix.

Next step is the make sure the tire pressure is right for the load. A trip to the scales makes it fairly simple to adjust that using the tire load & inflation tables. Excessive inflation leads to very touchy steering, so I would suggest a psi no greater than 10-12 above the table value (the table value is the minimum for the load).

If you still have a problem after that, consider installing a track bar (panhard rod) on the front suspension (rear is an alternative, though). Something like the Davis Tru-Trak (front) or Henderson Supersteer (rear). That will eliminate sideways shifting in the leaf spring suspension, a major cause of off-track steering.

As a last resort, you can install an upgraded anti-roll (aka anti-sway) bar. Your chassis probably has one already, but back then they tended to be relatively light duty. A stronger (more torsion) anti-roll bar would probably help.

I've written an article on some common gas motorhome handling problems and its in this forums FILES section at http://www.irv2.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=81
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:52 AM   #8

Thank you for the great information. I plan to revisit the repair shop and check through all your suggestions. My wife is suggesting we forgo all this and shop for a newer diesel pusher.

Tags
breeze, tank, water