Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Zip-It Drain Cleaning Tool worked great on ours and yes, it is re-usable.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
One more for the Zip-It. Worked great for us.

Dick

BrassCraft Zip-It Bath and Sink Hair Snare-BC00400 at The Home Depot#
Old 01-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #17

Thank you, everyone. When I first noticed how slowly it was draining, I poked around with a piece of wire. In hindsight, it likely jammed things in tighter. Bought one of the Zip-it's. Could feel the blockage, but couldn't snag anything to extract it. As per instructions on Travel Jon Waste Digester, put it in the drain, which by this point really, really wasn't. Repeatedly yesterday afternoon I would top off the standing water in the drain. This morning took the original wire, this time with a very slight hook in it and started gently poking and twisting. Followed by the Zip-it. All I can say is that my wife's long beautiful hair is pretty disgusting after spending time in the drain. Thanks again everyone!
biosensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #18

Cleaning out shower drain

Like a Kitchen sink every shower has a trap. If cleaning with a hook around the cross bars does not work look under the coach floor just below the shower. There should be a plate with most likely 4 screws so you can get to the trap. Take the plate off It should be at least 1'x 1' square. Reach up inside and unscrew the trap. If nothing in the trap you can access the cross bars above easily. It does not take as long as it does to pour in strong chemicals and works better. If it is over the wheels just jack up one side the tire will stay on the ground and the floor will raise enough to get in to it. And it is Free.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfer View Post
Like a Kitchen sink every shower has a trap. If cleaning with a hook around the cross bars does not work look under the coach floor just below the shower. There should be a plate with most likely 4 screws so you can get to the trap. Take the plate off It should be at least 1'x 1' square. Reach up inside and unscrew the trap. If nothing in the trap you can access the cross bars above easily. It does not take as long as it does to pour in strong chemicals and works better. If it is over the wheels just jack up one side the tire will stay on the ground and the floor will raise enough to get in to it. And it is Free.
I am continually amazed at the goof-ups that get out of the factory. When I was having a problem with my shower draining, and BEFORE I found out about the Zip-It, I took off the access plate to remove the trap for cleaning. The bottom of the trap was tight against the floor! It would be impossible to get it off for cleaning!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #20

I've used Drano in two MH"S spanning ove 12 years. Never caused any problems for me or my seals.

I think most common household chemicals are ok in the pooper.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower