Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2008, 03:58 AM   #1

Good morning!
Anybody going thru SC,Ga and NFlorida?Local NBC station reported gasoline sta
tions close and some with a shortage of the same
Also in some cases an increase of $1.00 a Gal.
Has anyone gone thru the states and faced this facts????Thanks.araucano
araucano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2008, 03:58 AM   #2

Good morning!
Anybody going thru SC,Ga and NFlorida?Local NBC station reported gasoline sta
tions close and some with a shortage of the same
Also in some cases an increase of $1.00 a Gal.
Has anyone gone thru the states and faced this facts????Thanks.araucano
araucano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:35 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I have some friends in those area, and they are indeed reporting some shortages, and in one area, diesel was limited to 25 gallons.

However, relief is expected with a week or so according to my friend's research.

They say the reason is the Texas and area refineries/pipelines/barge shipments are just now starting to return to normal.

We can only hope this is very temporary.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
doc

Appalachian Campers
I was just at I-85 and US 441 about two hours ago. This is north of Atlanta and about 15 or so miles from the SC line. Stations there are open, but pumps are bagged. WalMart station is open, but pumps bagged and they are working on pumps. Price was 3.97.9 - but what does that mean if you have no gasoliine to sell? The BP station had diesel, but no gas. RaceTrac, biggest volume gasoline seller at that area has the pumps bagged and the tank area with cones and tape around it. I did not go to every station there, but the 4 or 5 I stopped at were 'no gas'.
I managed to find some at a station in the country and was able to buy 7 gallons.
The University of Georgia police are telling people unless they can get to Athens and back home on a tank of gas, then they should stay home saturday for the UGA - Alabama game. Yeah right, like that is going to happen with tickets being scalped at up to $600 (that is six HUNDRED dollars each for choice seats)
Wonder could I trade a ticket for a tank of gas?
Very little gas available in metro Atlanta, same in Athens area. Not a good outlook for our fall trip south.
Anyone heard how the situation is around Macon and further south on I-75?
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
The Flying J website is showing 'critical supply' or 'low supply' in AL, VA (Winchester is OK), NC, SC, and GA (Brunswick is OK). Some stations in TX, but not all in TX. MS stations are NOT reporting low supplies which is strange.

Good weekend to stay local I guess!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #6

And isn't it funny how, at those stations that WERE getting deliveries, they managed to only deliver the Premium gas. Can you say 'rip-off'?
PennyPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #7

You know the funny thing about this is that I was in Dallas this last week and had no problem getting gas there ??????? The price for the regular unleaded was $3.58 per gallon. don't know what to say .
Old 10-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #8

I work northwest of Atlanta in Cedartown. All stations there have been running out every day or 2 for the last few weeks. There was gas at Walmart, Kroger, and Shell on the north end of town today. Surrounding areas have numerous stations that are still dry.

There are folks coming in this week for the US 411 Yard sale. Not sure how they will fair.
tnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
In Florida, GA and SC I went up I95 on 9/19 and 20 and returned to Florida on 9/29 and 10/1. I had no problem getting diesel at the J's along the way. This was J's in GA and SC.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote