Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #1

Coach Net

I purchased their service on Oct 16th, and was emailed that I would receive the service guide and cards in 2-3 weeks. Emailed them on Nov 22, and was called on the 23rd and was assured they would get them out asap, after she verifed that I did not put in the wrong address, as it had to be a screw up on my side, not theirs. Still not here, so I sent another email, this time demanded they sent them out next day air, prepaid. Question, I read all the good reviews about their service, but if they can not mail a letter.....well you get the drift. What would you do?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMaly View Post
.....well you get the drift. What would you do?
Sorry to hear about your difficulty. Coach-Net is normally on the ball. We appreciated their support earlier this year at the National Rally. I would hope that they could make some type of concession and offer you some type of remedy or compensation if required. Do you know whether or not you are currently covered?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

We are waiting on our documents, too. However when I called, they told me that our service is in effect and that if we need a roadside service, to just give the tech the last 8 digits of our VIN. Works for me!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMaly
I purchased their service on Oct 16th, and was emailed that I would receive the service guide and cards in 2-3 weeks. Emailed them on Nov 22, and was called on the 23rd and was assured they would get them out asap, after she verifed that I did not put in the wrong address, as it had to be a screw up on my side, not theirs. Still not here, so I sent another email, this time demanded they sent them out next day air, prepaid. Question, I read all the good reviews about their service, but if they can not mail a letter.....well you get the drift. What would you do?
I've been a member for years. You really don't need the paperwork. They send me mine every year when I renew and I stick it in the motorhome somewhere and never look at it again. In fact, I'm not sure where my latest paperwork is.

I just have their phone number and my membership number recorded in my iPhone contacts. If I need them, I just call them, give them my membership number and get great service.

Happened just recently on our Thank Giving vacation to Disney World. I'd managed to lock my keys in my toad. CoachNet had s locksmith meet us in a parking lot before we got to Fort Wilderness Campground, who got into my locked toad in under 30 seconds. The whole event probably didn't cost me 10 minutes of my time.

Just give them a call and get your membership number. With that and their phone number, you'll be all set.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi JPMaly,
Consider calling them and asking how one would obtain service without a card. Like others I have no idea where the documentation is, but I have the number to call and my assigned member number. FYI, it has nothing to do with the coach VIN.

Also, consider removing demands and any negative attitude from your position. It will harm your ability to obtain what is desired.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #6

iRV2 No Limits Club
Your mailing address wouldn't happen to be a PMB? I've had problems in the past with vendors, etc. changing it to POB and dropping the street address.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had an issue with one of my levelers that wouldn't retract and I looked all over the coach for my paperwork before I called them. I couldn't find it so I looked up their number on the Internet and called them. Told them the situation and all they needed was my name and the VIN.

They sent out a Mobile RV service, who arrived within an hour, and the RV tech removed the leveler since it was not repairable. We were able to head home from the RV park. Great customer service!
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #8

Just think of all the mail you would have by now if you would have used Good Sam's. I have both. Never any mail from Coach, but I would rather see a help truck than a mailer.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
Just think of all the mail you would have by now if you would have used Good Sam's. I have both. Never any mail from Coach, but I would rather see a help truck than a mailer.
We have used Good Sam for close to 4 years. We never had a valid membership card or "Welcome package" from them and we have been in touch with them both in writing and over the telephone more times that I care to remember.

We renewed our membership about 4 month ago and after having the same discussion per e-mail (3 or 4 of them), this is what we got:

"Well it seem as though we don’t ship internationally anymore so what you are going to have to do is go online and print cards yourself. "

Nice service, don't you think? They have no problem sending out their Good Sam magazine every month, but if you sign up for 3 years at their recovery service they will not send anything through the mail.

Is Coach-Net any better? Not at all. In fact they are worse as far as we are concerned since they are the only RV related company ever to refuse us membership due to the fact that we are International customers. FMCA for example will gladly accept us, but Coach-Net will not. Just to make things clear - the refusal was never down to any misunderstanding as to where their service would be applied. Only reason was "customer with an International address".

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi JPMaly,
Consider calling them and asking how one would obtain service without a card. Like others I have no idea where the documentation is, but I have the number to call and my assigned member number. FYI, it has nothing to do with the coach VIN.

Also, consider removing demands and any negative attitude from your position. It will harm your ability to obtain what is desired.
Demands and negative attitude? Oh come on now Gary! As my original post states, I DID call them only to have them imply that I gave them a wrong address. She assured me that they would get them out asap, and thats been 2 weeks. Good customer service tells me a should of received a call or email to check if they were received.
Just to be clear, I have an email, stating I have coverage. It also states I will receive blah, blah,blah. If this is their customer servive, I want no part of it.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
I had the bad opportunity to use them 2 weeks ago. After my initial call they called me three times to make sure the road service was there yet. After 45 minutes and no road service person, they issues a re-dispatch with another company. I was assured that the 2nd company knew it was a re-dispatch so I wouldn't have any issues with the two companies getting into it. In another case, I called them to get my truck towed to the dealer for a repair. They told me they would dispatch a tow truck, but the tow should be covered by my manufacturer road service and that they would contact them directly.

My only issue was that about a year or so ago my road service ran out. I never got a renewal notice. I wish I had received a call notifying me that my coverage was about to run out and remind me to renew. I needed road service and found that out. Fortunately my coaches insurance policy also had Coach-Net as the ERS. That is my ONLY complaint with Coach-Net
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote