Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #1

Coastal RV Select LLC

Has anyone had any experience with this company when buying or selling an RV? Good or Bad?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #2

This is a great video to watch no matter who you purchase an RV or Car from. A lot of dealerships use the exact same unscrupulous tactics and if you know about them up front you should be able to prevent yourself from becoming their golden goose.

Iowa RV dealer blasts Camping World tactics - RV Travel

-Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #3

Thanks Bill, I have seen this video around before. These guys claim they will sell my coach for a $500 fee. Do all the advertising, "professional" inspection etc etc etc.
I was born at night but not last night...........
Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with these people or similar.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:47 PM   #4

I wouldn't pay anyone to sell my RV or car, they call all the time if you put an ad out. Those things have always been a scam. Just put an ad on Craigslist and upload as many pictures as you can, I think they allow 12 now, the ad's are free. And drop the price that $500 when they buyer asks for a discount.

I have sold cars before on Craigslist and never had an issue. I've been amazed at the bundles of cash I've seen petite young women pull out of their socks. Really, out of their socks. Sold my wife's 13 yo Honda Odyssey and a gal pulled $7,000 dollars in hundreds from her socks. Had never seen anything like that before.

I am not a good salesman, first thing I do is point out all the problems with the vehicle first. And normally the first person that comes by gives me money. I have never sold an RV yet. But when I am ready, that is what I will do. And depending on my asking price I might put it on one of the big RV online websites to get more exposure. -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:01 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree if you are selling do it yourself. We have sold two vehicles in the last 3 months

1. a 10 year old Rav4 on FB (in the Dominican Republic). Sold it in one day for more then KBB best price

2. Sold our 2017 Isata3 Class C (had it for 20 months and 15K miles) in 2 days on RVtrader for 45% more that what dealer offered me on trade in.

Both transactions were easy to do
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #6

Thanks everyone for your comments.
My plan is to advertise and sell it myself but as soon as the add hits cyberspace, the scammers come out. I had a call from this one and put the run on him.
The main point of my post was asking if anyone has dealt with this outfit or there's like them.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Thanks everyone for your comments.
My plan is to advertise and sell it myself but as soon as the add hits cyberspace, the scammers come out. I had a call from this one and put the run on him.
The main point of my post was asking if anyone has dealt with this outfit or there's like them.
Considering the guy runs his business from a modest-rent apartment building in Nebraska would certainly raise my suspicions.
I've sold over a dozen vehicles and boats online over the years and most of them were on Craigslist or Ebay. The simple rule I always followed was cash in hand in my driveway or bank transfers at my bank with my lawyer(He currently charges $250). Any claim that these-assist-to-sell websites make should be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism. Even if they are legit I would be concerned if they even have the assets to back up any guarantee.
RickNC is offline   Reply With Quote