Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
We use this:

TF Series 4-Cup Switch Coffeemaker, White at MrCoffee.com.

Only 600 watts, so works well on shore power or on our 750 inverter.

At home with our BIG Bunn 12-cup, two or three pots a day works well. With this little Mr. Coffee, it gets a real workout!

I use this or a similar brand - kind of like those in motels. The four cup pot is real small cups - my four cup makes two coffee mugs which is just enough for me. After brewing it turns off the warmer in a few minutes so the coffee does not get bitter. Works for me - I gave up huge quantities of coffee when I retired about 21 years ago. Yes, time does fly by as they say.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #44

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Here what we use when we dry camp...we like drip coffee and this tastes just like at home!

Amazon.com: Coleman Camping Coffee Maker: Sports & Outdoors
Use to have one of those, worked great. When we bought the MH quit using it. Gave it to a friend, wish we had it back.

Chu k
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #45
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I too only drink 2 cups a day, and I didn't want anything fancy. I have been using a 5-cup Mr. Coffee with the paper filters for years, and moving it from the house to the RV when traveling. I decided to get one to leave in the RV, so off I go to Wal-Mart. At the time they didn't have a Mr. Coffee 5-cup so I bought another brand that used a permanent screen filter. The coffee tasted awful! I returned it and found they had gotten the 5-cup Mr. Coffee that uses the paper filters back in stock. I bought the basic model that does not have a timer, only an "on-off" switch. I love it!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #46

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A classic Percolator (Stove top type) uses no electricity if used on a propane stove top. (or over a campfire)

I have a Proctor Silex one cup, uses ground coffee or Senso Coffee Pods

I have a Kurig Mini-10 Uses K-cups or "My-K-Cup" refillable filters See note below.

I have a Mr-Coffee 4 cup .. Uses filters and ground coffee.

NOTE: Green Mountiain coffee has proudly announced that they are LOCKING DOWN the Kurig coffee makers so they will only use genuine Kurig or Licensed K-Cups.. This way you will get a consistantly good cup of coffee (They claim, yet they licensed Charbucks which is a consistantly BAD cup of coffee,, So what do they know about good coffee).

That is why I bought my Mini-10 now.. BEFORE they jail the things.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #47

Here's a trick, not a secret! If you have bitter coffee my Grandmother said to always put in about 1/2 pinch of salt in the pot and the bitterness dissapears. However on one cup it's only about 10 grains or you will taste the salt. I worked with an old Cowboy named Curtis M Pitts when I was in my 20s who made coffee over a open fire. He put in a cup of water and 1 lb of coffee and boiled it for an hour. It was funny because you had to grit your teeth, spit out the grounds and then tell him how good it was. Worse than Navy coffee. We collect all the paper towels, napkins and coffee grounds in aplastic bag and bury them in a flower bed (most people want them for plant food even in a campground) or take them home for compost. I have the same pot as mshappycampers.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #48

A pound of coffee to one cup of water?? Now that would be strong!!!
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:01 AM   #49
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
BTW, my little Mr. Coffee only costs $14.97 at Wal-Mart!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #50

We called in "Blinky" One sip made you close both eyes tight.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #51

In have used several different "Mr Coffee" type brewers...still have one...but we have become Kuerig fans...yes..I know there are those of you that can not resist the urge to slam the K Cups because of a cost issue...but why do you care...just use what you like...

We have the Platinum model and we love it...Because it has the capability to brew 5 different size cups of coffee and I like it a bit stronger than Deb, we get a 11ounce and 6 ounce cup from each "K" cup...We shop carefully for our coffee and the cost is less than 30 cents a batch...more than a dime but we like it....and the convenience is sweet...

Regards
Ricatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #52

Ain't the price, its the waste. Just more landfill and if 5 million people use 2/day thats a lot fo landfill.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #53

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricatic View Post
We have the Kuerig Platinum model and we love it...Because it has the capability to brew 5 different size cups of coffee
Regards
We also have Kuerig Platinum model, one for the MH and one for the house. They are quick and convenient, but there's nothing like percolated coffee. We recently bought a Presto electric 12 cup all Stainless Steel percolator for the house, coffee tastes great. Still use the Kuerig with my cup adapter when we want a quick single cup.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:40 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
French press without a doubt. Bought a Keurig big mistake for us.
Matchayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:26 AM   #55

Best thing we ever did was get a Keurig!
Gave the neighbors all our other misfit coffee makers......
Lovin2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:32 AM   #56

We like "Cold Brewed" easy to make, easy to store and one cup at a time....
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote