Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2018, 06:48 AM   #1

Colorado Campers (new to this site)

No sure where to post this but my husband and I love to camp he is retired I am not, looking for people or groups to camp with. We live north of Denver and avoid Denver area. We stay more north but also like to travel. We looked a a group that met at Cabela's and we didn't care for where they camp so we didn't join. Any guidance would be appreciated. We have a 34ft keystone Laredo fifth wheel, just my husband and I and our dog...

thanks
Kathy
meanyleny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2018, 07:02 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Join the FMCA. They used to be MotorHome only, but opened up to 5ers and Travel Trailers now. They have hundreds of “chapters” all over the country.

www.fmca.com.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Kathy! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang

Good luck,happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanyleny View Post
No sure where to post this but my husband and I love to camp he is retired I am not, looking for people or groups to camp with. We live north of Denver and avoid Denver area. We stay more north but also like to travel. We looked a a group that met at Cabela's and we didn't care for where they camp so we didn't join. Any guidance would be appreciated. We have a 34ft keystone Laredo fifth wheel, just my husband and I and our dog...

thanks
Kathy
I live in Longmont. I used to have a TT and I belonged to an organization called Family Campers & RVers (FCRV). They are national, but Colorado is the most active state in that organization. They have lots of different groups for different folks. The two I belonged to were for retirees and usually camped on weekdays. I think the website is FCRV.com. If you want to private me your name and email (or phone number if you prefer), I can forward it to one of the leaders and they will contact you. Really great groups most of which stay active even over the winter by meeting for lunch once a month and taking day tours of interesting sites and businesses. Very very active organization and have some groups that will fit almost any lifestyle or any type of RV. Most of the folks in the groups I belonged to lived along the Colorado Front Range north of Denver with at least one family from Cheyenne. Check them out. They also have a booth at the two annual RV shows in Denver at the Colorado Convention Center and at the National Western Complex. Those shows are in January and (I think) in February.

Jack
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:10 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've been a member of FMCA for years and my parents were before we joined. Good group for what I want, but looking for different groups now that the DW died. Joined a local Country Coach group but I'm the only singe member and I feel out of place. So I'm still looking. You just need to find one (or more) that you're comfortable with.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-09-2018, 06:42 PM   #7

camping clubs

We joined our local Good Sam club. This has worked out well for us. Met many great camping friends. We camp once a month. We are both retired and our adult daughter camps with us.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwitt View Post
I live in Longmont. I used to have a TT and I belonged to an organization called Family Campers & RVers (FCRV). They are national, but Colorado is the most active state in that organization. They have lots of different groups for different folks. The two I belonged to were for retirees and usually camped on weekdays. I think the website is FCRV.com. If you want to private me your name and email (or phone number if you prefer), I can forward it to one of the leaders and they will contact you. Really great groups most of which stay active even over the winter by meeting for lunch once a month and taking day tours of interesting sites and businesses. Very very active organization and have some groups that will fit almost any lifestyle or any type of RV. Most of the folks in the groups I belonged to lived along the Colorado Front Range north of Denver with at least one family from Cheyenne. Check them out. They also have a booth at the two annual RV shows in Denver at the Colorado Convention Center and at the National Western Complex. Those shows are in January and (I think) in February.

Jack
Thank you Jack
I think that is the same group we looked at when we met them at Cabela's they were at the RV show. Did a lot of camping in Denver and St Vrain. I will check them out again. I'm not sure if this is how to respond so I hope you get this and thank you!
meanyleny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado