Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2021, 10:31 AM   #1

Question Comparing Haloview RD7P to Vision Works HD VWIC704-HDWLRV observation cameras

After reading through numerous threads I still have questions. I currently have a Furrion observation camera set up (2018 vintage) on my GD 2018 Reflection 220RK. Trailer is 27' and tip of truck to rear of trailer is 46' Truck is an F350 crew cab 8' bed.

The Furrion keeps cutting out and pixelate/ freezing at speed (anything over 45MPH)I have already tried an antenna extension but no improvement.

This thread is to get feedback from anyone that actually has the following models, or a model close specific to the brand.

After doing a lot of reading the following two models seem to have what I need. I am still trying to get specific specifications on the parts out of both manufacturers. No even with theses reviews are mixed, but mostly positive.

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-7-...stem-rd7p.html

https://www.technorv.com/vision-work...roduct-reviews

The vison-works web page appears to be set up so only dealers can get detailed information.

So the big question for folks that actually have first hand knowledge on these two systems, is do they actually work at speed (70mph). Have you had any issues?

Warranty service - have you had issues with these brands and did those issues get resolved?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Keith
YODA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2021, 12:17 PM   #2

I have a Vision Works 7” system. It worked great but the image hasn’t been clear the last two trips. I have wiped the camera off but no change. I’m not sure if it’s the camera or the monitor as I have a single camera. I asked the dealer and they said they’d look at it during my upcoming service visit and handle any warranty issues.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
I have a Vision Works 7” system. It worked great but the image hasn’t been clear the last two trips. I have wiped the camera off but no change. I’m not sure if it’s the camera or the monitor as I have a single camera. I asked the dealer and they said they’d look at it during my upcoming service visit and handle any warranty issues.

Thanks - if I may ask how long is your trailer and do you have any drop out issues?
Old 09-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YODA View Post
After reading through numerous threads I still have questions. I currently have a Furrion observation camera set up (2018 vintage) on my GD 2018 Reflection 220RK. Trailer is 27' and tip of truck to rear of trailer is 46' Truck is an F350 crew cab 8' bed.

The Furrion keeps cutting out and pixelate/ freezing at speed (anything over 45MPH)I have already tried an antenna extension but no improvement.

This thread is to get feedback from anyone that actually has the following models, or a model close specific to the brand.

After doing a lot of reading the following two models seem to have what I need. I am still trying to get specific specifications on the parts out of both manufacturers. No even with theses reviews are mixed, but mostly positive.

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-7-...stem-rd7p.html

https://www.technorv.com/vision-work...roduct-reviews

The vison-works web page appears to be set up so only dealers can get detailed information.

So the big question for folks that actually have first hand knowledge on these two systems, is do they actually work at speed (70mph). Have you had any issues?

Warranty service - have you had issues with these brands and did those issues get resolved?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Keith
I have a RD7 Haloview system. Its installed on my Freedom Express 204RD (24feet 6inches) and I tow with a 2021 Tundra. I purchased this spring so I cannot comment on reliability. The picture is clear and I have not observed any dropout at 60 mph. There is a very slight delay but its not a problem. I am happy with my purchase and would buy this model again.
wumaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:55 PM   #5

My Haloview doesn’t have the booster part installed yet because it didn’t work when I did the installation so I did without. With just the base system, I get some freeze-up at speed. I’ve had excellent service from the company when I had problems, but I’ve had a couple of problems to find that out.
Jkwilson1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:13 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Holoview, very happy with it. You mount the transmitter up on the RV to the front. Never a drop out. Very nice picture on the large monitor. Just a slight delay, but not an issue.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #7

Thanks folks - appreciate the feedback
Old 09-29-2021, 01:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by YODA View Post
Thanks - if I may ask how long is your trailer and do you have any drop out issues?
35’ fifth wheel and a CCSB F-350. No noticeable lag when driving and it was working.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, view, vision