Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2021, 04:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post

Honestly, I do see a lot of this and in fact, I'd say I see mostly the proverbial "happy camper." Little ways to personalize the experience, sharing great locations and campgrounds, ways to make our pets comfortable, waving to other RVers who have the same brand. These and other examples are all over this and other forums.
My comment that you're referencing was about 'My RV'; not about locations, pets, etc. This post is about RV quality and prices.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 04:40 PM   #16

I need to complain. I am so tired of people complaining about people complaining that I had to post this complaint. Lol lol lol. I just want to be a happy camper and not a complainer.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:40 PM   #17

We've come a long way from sleeping in the backyard on the picnic table and benches, or folding cots if you were really rich. And Mom left the back-door unlocked in case it rained. Or you just plain got scared.
Old 09-17-2021, 06:11 PM   #18

A stimulus is required to make a change. A painful environment will eventually motivate the required change.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddndee View Post
A stimulus is required to make a change. A painful environment will eventually motivate the required change.
Agreed. And that stimulus is the market. Changes are driven by consumer demand and the spoils usually go to the early adaptors and innovators. The 2022 models reflect some of that positive change.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post
Agreed. And that stimulus is the market. Changes are driven by consumer demand and the spoils usually go to the early adaptors and innovators. The 2022 models reflect some of that positive change.
I have not kept up with the 2022's - What's changing??
Keith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post

The fourth digit.
Sorry. Just had to though.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:30 AM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
With all that is going on in the RV community (sky high prices, poor quality, camp ground prices, no spots, supply chain problems) a lot of us are getting frustrated.

Are the number of people that cant just deal with it and complain all day getting on your nerves?
Not really, I'm a pretty laid-back guy!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
People just line up and keep buying the garbage they produce. If people would refuse to buy the junk and let it set on the dealer s lot and the manufacturers would have to stop production, they would get the message pretty soon that they need to do better.

Best thing that could happen to the RV industry is for Japan or South Korea come in and start building for the US market. That is what it took to get the American auto industry to build a better vehicle.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:00 PM   #24

Quote:
More use of Adzel, more (and better) solar packages, upgrading of suspensions or at least offering it as an option, and something I'm personally VERY glad to see are the rectangular farmer's sinks in the kitchens. Even Airstream and Lance both have replaced the round sink they've used forever and have gone to the single, deep rectangular model that makes things SO much better. Now if they would only have the option to delete the microwave and the oven and redesign the burners...
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
People just line up and keep buying the garbage they produce. If people would refuse to buy the junk and let it set on the dealer s lot and the manufacturers would have to stop production, they would get the message pretty soon that they need to do better.

Best thing that could happen to the RV industry is for Japan or South Korea come in and start building for the US market. That is what it took to get the American auto industry to build a better vehicle.

Ken
I agree. This is the "free market" at work, where what buyers spend their money on is far more important than what prospective buyers *say* they will spend their money for.

Some of us remember when a domestic automobile with 50k on the odometer was "high mileage". Japanese automaker imports to the USA showed Detroit what high mileage actually meant, with serious improvements to fit, finish, and quality control. USA consumers voted with their wallets.
Old 09-20-2021, 07:43 PM   #26

We’ve been camping for over 30 years. Did the progression from tent to pop up to trailer and this year a new 5th wheel. I’m not a handyman kinda guy, but if something needs to be fixed I research and attempt to get it fixed. So far I’ve had a few problems and only one will require going back to the dealer. So, why complain? I knew what I was getting into before buying the new trailer. Researched it, read these forums and watched YouTube videos for countless hours. Problems come with the territory and should be no surprise. I think a lot of newbies have very little knowledge or awareness that an RV is work. It is not a cheap hobby. I approach it as an adventure. I have to say I’m pretty proud of myself for just digging in when a problem comes up and getting it fixed. I’ve built self confidence that I can do things I never imagined doing. No whining allowed😎
Dakotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2road View Post
I think think the level of dissatisfaction has reached epic proportions across the entire population. People seem conditioned to complain about everything.

RVing used to be a way to escape that for a bit, now we have to work a bit harder to get off grid and tune out.

Be happy or not, your choice. Listen to others complain, my choice.
Well stated!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:47 AM   #28

people are complaining about people complaining, you may have a point

Are you complaining about someone complaining about complaining?
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote