Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2021, 06:50 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
After owning a travel trailer and two motorhomes I can thankfully say I've had very few problems with my RVs !! The problems I've had have been associated with "components" used in the RV. Most of the component failures have been Lippert products (e.g. slide-out controllers, entry steps motors, etc.).

My big complaint while still being blessed with full time careers the wife and I only have time for some long weekend adventures to the Texas Hill Country and LSU football games! We are anxious to enjoy some long outings with our coach when retirement arrives a couple of year from now when my energy company lump sum pension monies "peak" near age 62-1/2.
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2021, 07:24 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry1 View Post
LOL!! Nailed it!

Maybe irv2 needs a whining and complaining section added.
There is! And its called OWNER'S FORUMS ;^) I was raised not to complain unless I'm prepared to DO something about it! Reminds me of the office where I worked in the Pentagon: Department of Redundancy Department (really, it was where most, if not all FOIA's ended up being dropped).
Old 09-23-2021, 07:29 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
With all that is going on in the RV community (sky high prices, poor quality, camp ground prices, no spots, supply chain problems) a lot of us are getting frustrated.

Are the number of people that cant just deal with it and complain all day getting on your nerves?
don't fret about it, soon we will be paying $10 a gallon and the problem will go away..
Old 09-23-2021, 08:00 PM   #46

Quote:
With all that is going on in the RV community (sky high prices, poor quality, camp ground prices, no spots, supply chain problems) a lot of us are getting frustrated.

Are the number of people that cant just deal with it and complain all day getting on your nerves?
Might as well whine: it's finally perfect camping weather and my husband is 2/3 of the way done detailing the outside of the motorhome. Daytime highs in the low to mid 80s and overnight temps in the 60s, and I want to go camping. Waaaahhh
Old 09-23-2021, 08:20 PM   #47

Are you complaining about complainers?
rkbeasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:54 PM   #48

Owning a boat has been compared to owning a 'hole' in the water where you dump cash in an effort to fill it! Owning a RV is like owning a gap in the road you're attempting to fill! Lately, the newer the RV the WIDER the gap!
mogul264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:04 PM   #49

I like the way you view the problems X2.
d6811j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 03:45 AM   #50

I NEVER complain. I merely comment in a negative fashion!!
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:01 AM   #51

Welll. Fuel pumps are the least of our worries. Like the folks with cars or RV's that [pull up to a pump then go inside to shop at a convenience store first. What ya gonna do. We all get angry but take a deep breath and ask yourself, have you done something similar? We are all guilty at some point. Just trying to enjoy the ride with the time we have left. I wear my mask as well, knowing it will get better with time. Camping when we can and scuba diving, skiing, MC riding, small boat sailing, and trail hiking when we can't. All done on the cheap. Thats what we retired for. Oh yeah, spending time with family. Not bad for a 70 yr. old.
Geammpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:20 AM   #52

Quote:

Nope. I tend to ignore them all.

RV'ing is one of the few things left that we can do to get away from everything else. We're realistic in expectations that some things need to be fixed (same as with a boat, etc...) and deal with them when they happen. Prices go up on things and we cannot control it.

We just choose to not let the little things bug us too much.
Nlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:35 AM   #53

I have this rule about avoiding things that I do not enjoy. Granted, it is not always possible. But, if I found myself constantly complaining about what was supposed to be a fun activity, I'm pretty sure I would look for something else to do. That of course won't work for those who actually enjoy complaining.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #54

People who Whine and complain?

Say "Goodby".
Gooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:30 AM   #55

Propchef, let's just say that RV life really and truly is an adventure. Makes you really see your true self.
Aste455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #56

Every time I’m tempted to complain about the things that irritate me about the RV life, I am always confronted with the simplest solution: Just stop RVing. That’s when I slap myself. Signed Oscar the Grouch.