Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2021, 09:50 PM   #43

O-B, thanks for that, now i don't have to go get meds for me too.

Best regards,
Lou S.
Chieflou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2021, 11:54 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieflou View Post
Somebody enlighten me if my reading comprehension has gone bye bye. But I’m not reading this with the same “no biggie, no real change” sense that many of you are.

Not to worry, most diesel is bio-blend already anyway, so no real change. Did I miss something? What I read says it doesn’t apply to petroleum/bio-diesel blends if they contain a minimum of 99% bio? And that's not the other way around -- 99% diesel, 1% bio. Or am I misreading that? Is anyone now running 99+% bio-diesel?

And it’s only a couple counties. No ... it’s only a couple counties in 2024 but bans statewide by 2027.

And it only affects “non retailers”. No … it bans from non retailers in 2025 in those same counties, and then all retailers statewide in 2028.

Regards,
Lou S.
There is a 100% biodiesel station on I 70 East of Sedalia MO. Every time I pass that exit I'm temped to fill there to see what happens. Well the first thing is a 10% mileage reduction; don't want to think about anything more so I keep driving.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:48 AM   #45

Ford Super Duty Owner
Smile Big Fuss Meant to Rile

Most responses here understand the probable reason for such a bill. It is being made an issue in the news by those wishing to provoke. There are way too many diesel users in Clackamus County to do away with their diesel. This includes a Mercedes dealer, among others. Don't Worry, Be Happy.
TASanDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:23 AM   #46

I'm not worried about diesel going away anytime during my lifetime. Diesel powers our economy and it can't be replaced by windmills. I'd be more worried about gasoline cars being phased out.
move on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:20 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Thread Reminder!
Lets keep the political comments out and stick to the topic.

Several post have been removed for not doing so.

Thanks to those posting within the Community Rules.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:31 AM   #48

Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogbelly View Post
Seat belts legislation is the "right direction" ?

LOL!

Thank the seat belts for allowing more people to smile and laugh out loud as else they would have been going through the windshield or breaking that big old wheel in front of em. But lax attitude was accommodated as late as 2000 when you could still buy a moho without shoulder belts! and many if not most of these rigs still don't have air bags in em! Some states may still allow driving the motor home without a seat belt!

Have known a few people who hit their heads on the windshield and others who broke their steering wheels with teeth, ribs and faces... no a purty site. Some who got rolled over after being thrown clear, have gone to the other place. Grew up in the land of 85 MPH right next door to safe and proper speed limits and as teenagers yes the reckless instinct was running rampant in the motorhead culture. Just yesterday I saw two old geezers riding side by side on choppers with them feet splayed out encroaching across the double yellow.... then there are those on twisty roads where in the turn their helmet less head is clearly on the other side during a portion of the turn. But hey the undertakers get a nice windfall then.

My wife has a rule, its gonna be an open casket farewell party, if I wanna show up all messed up its my call... so all the safety precautions are taken. Kinda vain that way... don't really wanna attend my farewell party a total mess if I can help it. Also I am of the mind to delay my farewell party as much as humanly possible while I can remain active and enjoy things.

Diesels are great yes some technology is problematic but it can be smoothened out when calmer heads prevail. Safety and Quality of life is paramount or should be for our health. Rules are a necessary measure for cultures and society to function as bounds create motion in the correct direction or at the least maintain a stable and hopefully higher state of affairs.

Mad Max most of us don't wanna be. Had an early edition of the CRX that gave close to 42-50 mpg all the time, and up to 55 if babied. Talk about handling, yes it was slow off the line but USAC did a cross country hypermiling and got mpg much higher back in 1984!. The size, shape and technology was delivering high mpg and still can today no need to reduce CAFE mpg requirements at all! Pollutants are not good for quality of life.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:42 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbh31118 View Post
I want to be clear that this is not intended to start debate. Please be kind.

Life has taken my family on a very long detour that has seriously limited our ability to camp and more importantly, invest in new equipment until recently. As we are exploring our new options in replacing our old war horse, 22 year old Dutchman TT, that has served us fatefully for nearly 15 years that we have owned it, we have been reading some startling articles on the web. My old diesel pick has served us well and has been pulling our tt any place we have needed to go for as long as we have been camping but I'm wondering if it might be over? Again, I'm not trying to jump to conclusions or hassle others for there point of view but I'm just wondering what the options are? We were just looking for a new trailer not an entire new (some thing that hasn't been invented yet, electric 1 tons, ect??)..... Is this stuff really issue? Wife and I are getting a little old for tent camping although we enjoyed it when we were younger. We were really hoping to find something new but I'm not sure I could justify it if I can't even go where we would like to over the nest 10 to 15 years given the length of a loan. Thoughts? (Please refer to article for further context, thx)

https://cdllife.com/2021/oregon-lawm...rting-in-2025/
A bit of a disingenuous premise here... and equally as transparent. I'm sure the horse & buggy manufacturers amped up people back in the day when they saw the writing on the wall... probably disparaged Henry Ford, too.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:28 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtCamper View Post
Control the things you can control. Accept the things you can't. You aren't in charge. Accept change as inevitable, learn to embrace it. Nothing is the same as it was 20 years ago or even yesterday. Life is a dynamic process, roll with it. Look forward to the future and enjoy the memories of the past. We all wish we could recapture those pleasant times of long ago but that just isn't going to happen. Life on this earth is a one and done game, do your best to accept that birth is a terminal condition and move on.
aschuller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #51

Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbh31118 View Post
I want to be clear that this is not intended to start debate. Please be kind.

Life has taken my family on a very long detour that has seriously limited ,....

https://cdllife.com/2021/oregon-lawm...rting-in-2025/
IN MY OPINION: Tomorrow is not guaranteed, who knows what will be down the road in 15 years? Make a plan based on your desires and abilities to obtain them. Have a contingency plan should things go to heck.
BruceDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:41 AM   #52

Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
And they supposedly help run our country. It will never happen and stay clear of Oregon when in need of fuel.
Heck, steer clear of West Coast, California, Oregon & Washington. OPINION, OPINION, OPINION.
BruceDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #53

It allows for low level blend of biodiesel. No reason to panic
MikeBoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:44 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Lover View Post
Thank the seat belts for allowing more people to smile and laugh out loud as else they would have been going through the windshield or breaking that big old wheel in front of em. But lax attitude was accommodated as late as 2000 when you could still buy a moho without shoulder belts! and many if not most of these rigs still don't have air bags in em! Some states may still allow driving the motor home without a seat belt!

Have known a few people who hit their heads on the windshield and others who broke their steering wheels with teeth, ribs and faces... no a purty site. Some who got rolled over after being thrown clear, have gone to the other place. Grew up in the land of 85 MPH right next door to safe and proper speed limits and as teenagers yes the reckless instinct was running rampant in the motorhead culture. Just yesterday I saw two old geezers riding side by side on choppers with them feet splayed out encroaching across the double yellow.... then there are those on twisty roads where in the turn their helmet less head is clearly on the other side during a portion of the turn. But hey the undertakers get a nice windfall then.

My wife has a rule, its gonna be an open casket farewell party, if I wanna show up all messed up its my call... so all the safety precautions are taken. Kinda vain that way... don't really wanna attend my farewell party a total mess if I can help it. Also I am of the mind to delay my farewell party as much as humanly possible while I can remain active and enjoy things.

Diesels are great yes some technology is problematic but it can be smoothened out when calmer heads prevail. Safety and Quality of life is paramount or should be for our health. Rules are a necessary measure for cultures and society to function as bounds create motion in the correct direction or at the least maintain a stable and hopefully higher state of affairs.

Mad Max most of us don't wanna be. Had an early edition of the CRX that gave close to 42-50 mpg all the time, and up to 55 if babied. Talk about handling, yes it was slow off the line but USAC did a cross country hypermiling and got mpg much higher back in 1984!. The size, shape and technology was delivering high mpg and still can today no need to reduce CAFE mpg requirements at all! Pollutants are not good for quality of life.
I'm less concerned about the risks of not using seat belts than I am about people who are certain they know what is best for me.
Fogbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:55 PM   #55

MikeBoyer,
I'm getting confused again. Is there another portion of the bill that we're not seeing? As I posted earlier, what I'm reading says minimum of 99% bio -- or no can sell

Regards,
Lou S.
Chieflou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:07 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogbelly View Post
I'm less concerned about the risks of not using seat belts than I am about people who are certain they know what is best for me.
Hummm... I'm guessing the folks who pushed seat belt laws "knew what was best", huh?
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote