Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2022, 05:35 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Back in 2008 I replaced the propane stove/oven with a cooktop (still propane) and the coach already had a top-line GE convection/micro. Woodworking is my hobby, so I did the cabinet work myself. Loved having the extra galley drawer space too. A few years later I replaced the RV fridge with a larger GE compressor fridge, another huge improvement in kitchen functionality. As you might guess, we rarely boondocked longer than overnight.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2022, 07:32 PM   #30

We removed the oven and stove top. Filled in the opening with cutting board material. We now us an induction cook top (portable) and a 26-quart air fryer oven. We also have two built in electric fireplaces. Everything works like a charm on a 50amp. circuit.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:36 PM   #31

RV appliances

I use the stove periodically for heading side dishes. I think I’ve used the oven once. I understand why it is but mine is difficult to light. I have to get on my knees, reach in with a lighter find the pilot, light the pilot then get back up. Not easy for an old guy with back and knee issues. I don’t bake anyway.

I have a grill, a griddle, Coleman stoves and a butane stove. Other than baking I can cook anything I want outdoors at any time. If the weather is bad and I can’t cook out doors. I microwave something.
sgpd1sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 07:48 PM   #32

Our 99 Gulfstream came with a microwave/convection oven and no propane. We like it.
Clark clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:16 PM   #33

We use the propane oven in cooler weather for various casseroles and breakfast biscuits.
Sullivanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:43 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
The 02 Windsor came with an Attwood three burner LPG stovetop and the wife always complained about the burners not being hot enough even though there was plenty of flame plus she really didn't need 3 of them.

When visiting a friend who had a 05 Windsor, I noticed that it came with SeaLand Princess Gourmet 2 burner cooktop. I ordered one and had it installed. She loved it as it had one large and one medium burner.

Now we own a 06 Dynasty which came with a 2 burner True Induction cooktop. it appears that a previous owner had it changed over from the 2 burner LPG stovetop to the induction cooktop. She had to get used to it, but I hear no complaints so far.

FYI, I tired the convection portion of our Sharp microwave one day and it produced WAY too much heat inside the coach that we never use it at all. However, we DO use the microwave a lot.
Surf Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 08:10 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopsBrewster View Post
Some folks like the propane appliances, some prefer electric., some like a combination.
Who needs a propane oven? I do! Fresh cookies, pie for breakfast, meatloaf, etc.
I always boondock or dry camp, so I cook with propane. and I am well adapted to it. While shopping for my TT a few years ago I actually bypassed any rigs with the tiniest ovens and the convection oven because I have never camped in an RV park, never plugged into shore power. What little AC power I need comes from a generator, and I ain't going to run that all day for a pot of slow cooker stew, but I might run the microwave on occasion, y'know, for popcorn.
Propane Oven: We do cake, coffee cakes, cookie, brownies, biscuits, pies, etc...

Dry camping we do not use our microwave, nore would we use an electric range. This year 21 nights dry camping we would have brought the Coleman stove if we did not have a propane stove top.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 06:59 PM   #36

12 Volt SlowCooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Lee View Post
Slow cookers make a lot of sense to use while you drive
We acquired a 12 volt slow cooker from a website that specializes in 12 volt appliances. We set it in the sink stabilized by a couple of beach towels and plug into a 12 volt outlet installed on the front of the counter. Prep the food in the morning and dinner is ready when we arrive.
Spidertroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 10:37 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The WBGO had the typical 3 burner/propane oven unit. We never used the oven and rarely used the burners so I removed it. It was sitting in a nice black metal box. I installed a counter top piece to fill in the opening on top and installed an electric air fryer/toaster oven in the metal box. There was enough room next to the oven so I slipped in a 2 burner infrared cooktop that I could pull out when needed. That gave us a bunch more counter space.

The Newmar has a microwave convection oven and a 3 burner cooktop covered with folding countertop that is flush with the rest of the counter. I removed the hinges from the folding cover so I could just lift off the front section and access one burner. We also have a Ninja Flip air fryer toaster oven. When not in use, the Ninja can be flipped up so it stands on end and takes up a lot less counter space. They should market those to RVers.
permitwriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking