Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2019, 08:24 PM   #29

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2019, 08:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffbubba View Post
I’ve been a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) for almost 25 years and I can tell you that drug problem in every part of this country is out of control and getting worse by the month... heroin and meth addiction is at epidemic levels.
The drug epidemic then fuels every other category of crime.
The so called “homeless” population (at least a large portion of them), choose that lifestyle because they don’t want the responsibility of having a job, home or contributing to society.
The cities around here spend millions of $$$ to solve this crisis and try to get people off the streets, all the while providing safe injection sites and other services which encourage more people to get into and continue this lifestyle of drugs and crime.
As long as society allows and encourages this stuff, it will continue to get worse and the good hard working, responsible people will continue to be victimized... Brian.
We are a Law enforcement family and agree with the above post. Report them don't get into a face to face argument. The stories of it taking 8 police to subdue someone high on PCP are very true!
Old 05-25-2019, 09:03 PM   #31

Pretty sure if these folks were smoking pot it was not the cause of any belligerence. That said they're obviously causing trouble and need to be removed. As to not being able to evict them, most hotel, motel, campgrounds come under different laws than apartment. In Michigan, where I'm a landlord, it takes me 30 plus days to kick a tenant out, you can get them out of a hotel in 24 hours or less. Not sure about campgrounds but I'm pretty sure they would fall under the less than 30 day rule which is what motel etc. work under. In any case, if the campground allows this type of behavior to continue they will either have no campers or a campground full of meth addicts. In either case it will quickly lead to bankruptcy. While I feel for the people that have to put up with the unruly behavior it is in relatively short order a self-correcting problem. Just my opinion, but I have cleaned up the worst apartment building in an area so I do have some experience in this area.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:00 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
Its a generalized term. To cover Meth heads, heroin junkies, crack heads and piss drunk alcoholics.

We must not sit idly by while they ruin everything they touch. Report them, confront them, whatever it takes. There is too much coddling and general acceptance of their behavior. They have a much larger impact than their numbers should have. Its time decent people push back.
Classic straw man argument. Nothing in your OP story points to "crack addicts" except you saying so. And you say here that you've chosen the "crack addict" label because of its pejorative value rather than any accuracy. What I read was a story about trailer campers -- RVers -- behaving badly. So for some personal (crack-addled?) reason you've transferred the problem from being one of "us" to being one of "them". That kind of fake news doesn't ring true for me. It has more of a flushing sound.

If a person wants to push back against bad behavior in their travels, I don't think that painting with a disingenuous brush is how to do it. Personally, I think the best answer is to be the best ambassador for my lifestyle as I can be, and let the public know that we're not all "that way".

$0.02
Old 05-26-2019, 06:21 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaguy View Post
Pretty sure if these folks were smoking pot it was not the cause of any belligerence. That said they're obviously causing trouble and need to be removed. As to not being able to evict them, most hotel, motel, campgrounds come under different laws than apartment. In Michigan, where I'm a landlord, it takes me 30 plus days to kick a tenant out, you can get them out of a hotel in 24 hours or less. Not sure about campgrounds but I'm pretty sure they would fall under the less than 30 day rule which is what motel etc. work under. In any case, if the campground allows this type of behavior to continue they will either have no campers or a campground full of meth addicts. In either case it will quickly lead to bankruptcy. While I feel for the people that have to put up with the unruly behavior it is in relatively short order a self-correcting problem. Just my opinion, but I have cleaned up the worst apartment building in an area so I do have some experience in this area.

So all pot smokers simply sit at home and bother nobody when high? They don't drive under the influence, don't commit domestic violence under the influence, don't commit other crimes against society while under the influence? It's amazing how many people try to paint all pot smokers as peaceful people sitting around munching all the time.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:46 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodekyll View Post
Classic straw man argument. Nothing in your OP story points to "crack addicts" except you saying so. And you say here that you've chosen the "crack addict" label because of its pejorative value rather than any accuracy. What I read was a story about trailer campers -- RVers -- behaving badly. So for some personal (crack-addled?) reason you've transferred the problem from being one of "us" to being one of "them". That kind of fake news doesn't ring true for me. It has more of a flushing sound.

If a person wants to push back against bad behavior in their travels, I don't think that painting with a disingenuous brush is how to do it. Personally, I think the best answer is to be the best ambassador for my lifestyle as I can be, and let the public know that we're not all "that way".

$0.02
You don't believe people have enough intelligence to recognize illicit drug users based upon observation? I completely disagree.

IMHO, the term 'crack addict' is one well suited for those addicted to amphetamines & cocaine.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:42 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Crack Addicts in RV Park

My Daughter , a recovering addict , would laugh at you who say you don’t know they are users. We have lived through our daughters addiction ....meth heroine whatever she could get her hands on , and seen up close the culture getting worse. I also have a brother-in-law LEO and a agree totally with other Leo’s comments. It’s a increasing epidemic that is spreading rapidly. Coming from the West as I do .. Portland , I believe the rest of the country is just “behind”. Soon to be coming to a street or park near you . Ask park owners who deal with this . It’s real
Being with my daughter and going with her to NA. Meetings as her support . I can also tell that the meth and heroine addict takes on many faces most of you would be shocked at ! From the stereotypical worn toothless type the the 18 year old young girl next door, and the soccer mom ... all addicted sitting in the same room !
Live and let live is fine until the addicts paranoias and drug induced mental disorders, lack of reason and just general poor hygiene coupled with the need for money for drugs interfere in our pristine camping experience.
In my opinionUntil those of you “live and let live “folks get serious about this and help find ways for these victims to want to seek help , they will be lying and stealing and acting irrationally their way to a early death.
I have first hand experience with the growing culture. I can spot it with growing clarity but not always. You can’t force your solution upon them until they reach a Point (normally bottom) they are ready to accept it.
I recognize addiction better now , I honestly attempt to avoid the problems that follow the addicted , but it’s becoming harder as we travel to do so.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
Its a generalized term. To cover Meth heads, heroin junkies, crack heads and piss drunk alcoholics.
From what I have seen "Crack Addict" is one of the latest derogatory terms for anybody acting outside the expectations of the person talking. Most times it says as much about the one doing the judging as the one being judged.

Quote:
We must not sit idly by while they ruin everything they touch. Report them, confront them, whatever it takes. There is too much coddling and general acceptance of their behavior. They have a much larger impact than their numbers should have. Its time decent people push back.
[Sarcasm] Yes, the "Good People" must stand up, be ready to fight anybody or any action they do not like.[/Sarcasm]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
Would you believe someone &/or companies that said smoking tobacco doesn't cause cancer or tooth periodontal complications? I wouldn't.

Smoking cannabis is not any safer on your body than tobacco, in fact, it is worse. If a person wants to smoke marijuana, so be it, but don't tell everybody that it is safe when it is as or more harmful than tobacco.
When I was addicted to tobacco normal was a carton of cigarettes a week, 5 little cigars a day, then of evening if I was setting around the house I would fill the pipe with Prince Albert. The bans in workplace have likely reduced it some, but a pack a day was considered average. I was also a heavy pot smoker, but if I went thru 20 joints in a day you can bet I had some help from my friends.

Quote:
I’ve been a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) for almost 25 years and I can tell you that drug problem in every part of this country is out of control and getting worse by the month... heroin and meth addiction is at epidemic levels.
I'm sorry, the statement I am/was LEO does not do much to increase your credibility on this kind of issue, IMHO. For more than 25 years the drug prohibition laws have been a major demand on law enforcement time. If it was not for drug laws many officers would have to find another line of work.

Quote:
The so called “homeless” population (at least a large portion of them), choose that lifestyle because they don’t want the responsibility of having a job, home or contributing to society.
No doubt, the time I was homeless, I, and most homeless I knew where homeless because of drugs, mostly alcohol. But from the time I spend helping now the larger percentage have jobs, but the jobs do not pay enough to feed, cloth, house the family and pay the student loans.

Quote:
The cities around here spend millions of $$$ to solve this crisis and try to get people off the streets, all the while providing safe injection sites and other services which encourage more people to get into and continue this lifestyle of drugs and crime. As long as society allows and encourages this stuff, it will continue to get worse and the good hard working, responsible people will continue to be victimized...

And the decades of "War on Drugs" lock them all up mentality has worked so well, right? What is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? It is no doubt that the good hard working, responsible people are victimized. But is it all from the "criminals" that are using the drugs, or does our loss of rights, and the tax dollars spent fighting the "crimes" have something to do with it?

Quote:
The drug epidemic then fuels every other category of crime.
I know it is a cardinal sin for anybody to think of history as anything except memorizing a bunch of dates for wars and such. But a real sinner could look back to a time before I was born. The good hard working, responsible people decided to pass laws prohibiting alcohol. If the sinner was to study the records of that time he would see a great increase in most types of crime and violence, and expressly crime organizations. That sinner, if so inclined, could draw many parallels between the effect of alcohol prohibition and other drug prohibition but there is one major difference; People back then where smart enough, and brave enough to say "We made a mistake!"
Old 05-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #37

Quote:
IMHO, the term 'crack addict' is one well suited for those addicted to amphetamines & cocaine.
The proper nomenclature is “tweaker”.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBurt View Post
The proper nomenclature is “tweaker”.
LOL, that one works just as well. Thank you for understanding...
Old 05-26-2019, 11:01 AM   #39

Coming to a city or campground near you -

Old 05-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #40

Quote:
So all pot smokers simply sit at home and bother nobody when high? They don't drive under the influence, don't commit domestic violence under the influence, don't commit other crimes against society while under the influence? It's amazing how many people try to paint all pot smokers as peaceful people sitting around munching all the time.

Old 05-26-2019, 12:00 PM   #41

I have not seen any comments on the park and park owners. Failure to enforce any standards or regulations allow them to stay. The best is to leave a fitting review of your experience at the park, then move on to some place that is properly managed.

The drug related description is accurate enough. I have never had the cops or LEO come knock on my door because I was following the rules or being a good camping neighbor. Over indulgence in any drug, being alcohol to heroin and those in between creates crack heads or violent alcoholics. You know who they are....
Old 05-26-2019, 12:14 PM   #42

Quote:
I’ve been a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) for almost 25 years...

As long as society allows and encourages this stuff, it will continue to get worse and the good hard working, responsible people will continue to be victimized... Brian.
That's funny, the last time I was victimized was when two coppers robbed me.
Closed Thread