Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2021, 08:50 AM   #1

Crazy accident. Car runs into toad and MH

https://www.facebook.com/10000950574...1579396469991/

Sorry, it's on Fakebook.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2021, 08:53 AM   #2

Wow. What the heck was that!
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:04 AM   #3

I'd love to read the police report on that one .

Crawling along in heavy traffic in Vancouver BC, merging ; I did have a driver trying to merge behind the coach, that lady wasn't about to let that mini van in line in front of her.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Crawling along in heavy traffic in Vancouver BC, merging ; I did have a driver trying to merge behind the coach, that lady wasn't about to let that mini van in line in front of her.
Almost the same, but Texas and in the right lane. A merging car tried really hard to push my toad over a lane or make it slow down. I always wondered what she thought when she rolled down the window and fingered the car and it was empty.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:46 AM   #5

In NYC, a semi hit my TOAD merging from the left. I was following city bus weaving around double parked cars and he was following me.

We were going dead slow but it still shook the MH. I would hate to get as hard as in this accident.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:01 AM   #6

Angry These people breed and vote... Oh the humanity!

I stay on the alert for this sort of nonsense. I usually tow my 6 X 10' - 8' tall cargo trailer behind my 24' Class C and often some fool tries to merge right on my Coaches bumper... Arrrg! Usually just a case of headimus rectumus.

It happens as much when the interstate is just crawling along and these morons just have to get over into my lane as I creep by and wow, surprise there is a trailer attached. Must admit it is more of an adrenaline rush when they are trying to merge onto the freeway, usually looking anywhere but at the back of my rig...sheesh!

Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #7

Too flipping crazy, I would have been a widower if that had been us, the wife woulda just crapped herself and had a heart attack! I gotta give the driver credit, a lot of people would have panicked and laid it on its side when it started oscillating. I've seen whats left after TTs have started to whip on I80 between Reno and Fernley NV, NDOT is usually using a loader to put it in a dumpster. We get one or two every year during Burning Man, they are always when people are leaving the event. Most of them are within a mile of the on-ramp to the freeway. Because of the traffic Between the Black Rock Desert and I80, it's the first place they can get up to speed. It's a 70 MPH zone and it is not unusual for traffic to be rolling 75 to 80 in that area with heavy 18 wheel traffic.

The video speaks volumes about having a dash cam in the toad. I read a bunch of the comments, the owner of the coach said the insurance companies saw the video. Driver of the mini van told the police that the coach moved into her lane and they were pulling a semi-tanker! (Yeah, un-huh sure, we're gonna need you to give us a little blood sample.) After we upgrade, (yep, one season and the Boss want's to go bigger. Goodie, goodie, goodie, I get to go diesel pusher!), I want to stay in a legacy unit, and have my eye on a beautiful HR Navigator with really low miles. At any rate, after we upgrade, I'm going to install or have installed an 8 channel system and hook it to a 2TB hard drive to record on loop. It will be my security system, record wildlife in and around camp, and serve as my Dash, back-up, and side cameras. Our recent trip to Oregon to see the kids was actually the first time we've gone into heavily populated areas with freeways. I would not believe the number of idiots in cars happily tooling along in my blind spots if I hadn't driven wreckers in Southern Cal for 8 years. I had one I would have run over if I hadn't seen the top of his roof when I checked the mirror. The optional navigation, collision avoidance, and driving aid would have sounded had I not seen it though. I want the side cams so I can use them as a rear view mirror. Easier to see the guy in the BMW Mini next to the bay door under the dining room window before I use him for a tire chock.
RealNiceTent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:13 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Looks like another case of distracted driving. Probably on their cell phone and oblivious to their surroundings.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:53 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Wow, great job keeping it under control coach driver.
Sorry, but I'd likely go ballistic on the negligent mini van driver and end up in jail. The moral of the story is never become complacent and expect the unexpected. I guess it's time to install dash cams fore and aft...
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 11:19 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
Looks like another case of distracted driving. Probably on their cell phone and oblivious to their surroundings.
Quite possibly!

They need to develop technology that shuts down cell phones when they are moving over 5mph.
If your a passenger..... Too bad!
Old 10-26-2021, 11:21 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
The original poster put this on some Tiffin sites right after it happened. Astonishing they kept it on the road, but they were pretty calm and collected, and they did everything right. Yeah, that video was evidence the insurance company really needed to see.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 01:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Quite possibly!

They need to develop technology that shuts down cell phones when they are moving over 5mph.
If your a passenger..... Too bad!

It'll never happen, it makes sense, and then the cops couldn't use theirs all the time.
RealNiceTent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:15 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
When there is proof of what happened, lying about it should have some real consequences in addition to any tickets received.

I've had two dash cams for over two months now...it's time to install.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:42 PM   #14

I have to wonder if this was intentional as it appears the minivan sped up before making the second hit, I suspect most people would hit the brakes after the first impact.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad