Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-07-2020, 12:16 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 496
Good point on if COVID-19 positive how Canadians would get on a plane back home!

Skip, our numbers in Alberta have risen hugely as everywhere else, we hit over 800 a day last week, and they are predicting by end November if we don't start adhering to the suggestions to contain more, we could be at 2000, and by Christmas 4000+. I can remember when we were fighting to keep our numbers under 100 day as that was deemed bad.

As for the odd handful of companies that are offering us medical insurance if contracted down in the USA, it's very limited amounts for CV-19 and it's with restrictions that Canada doesn't increase the travel advisories to the negative and for some of our friends that have gone down to their villas in Palm Springs, they are only allowed 60 days, coming back, then pay again and another 60 days and so on. Might all be dependant on age/medical history to boot. I don't know - was Manulife, Desjardins and Medipac (they used latter).

As much as we are all anxious to get out of the freezer box north, I really think folks need to consider a ton things and read and digest the small print on their policies.

Just saying ......
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Skip426's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Powell River, B.C.
Posts: 23,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
Good point on if COVID-19 positive how Canadians would get on a plane back home!

Skip, our numbers in Alberta have risen hugely as everywhere else, we hit over 800 a day last week, and they are predicting by end November if we don't start adhering to the suggestions to contain more, we could be at 2000, and by Christmas 4000+. I can remember when we were fighting to keep our numbers under 100 day as that was deemed bad.

As for the odd handful of companies that are offering us medical insurance if contracted down in the USA, it's very limited amounts for CV-19 and it's with restrictions that Canada doesn't increase the travel advisories to the negative and for some of our friends that have gone down to their villas in Palm Springs, they are only allowed 60 days, coming back, then pay again and another 60 days and so on. Might all be dependant on age/medical history to boot. I don't know - was Manulife, Desjardins and Medipac (they used latter).

As much as we are all anxious to get out of the freezer box north, I really think folks need to consider a ton things and read and digest the small print on their policies.

Just saying ......


I contacted my insurance broker last month , and it took a while for her to get back to me with any quotes that had any coverage for Covid -19 , Policy had 2M coverage , but ONLY 200K for Covid , when I asked about extending the Covid coverage to the 2M , the policy price doubled.
I'm thinking that any insurance company offering Covid coverage , would charter a plane to get a patient back into Canada before facing the cost of treatment/recovery in the USA.
__________________
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Eez Moose's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post


I contacted my insurance broker last month , and it took a while for her to get back to me with any quotes that had any coverage for Covid -19 , Policy had 2M coverage , but ONLY 200K for Covid , when I asked about extending the Covid coverage to the 2M , the policy price doubled.
I'm thinking that any insurance company offering Covid coverage , would charter a plane to get a patient back into Canada before facing the cost of treatment/recovery in the USA.

Or have a fly home option with one of the RV groups. FMCA has just such a feature.

YMMV
__________________
Dennis & Denise Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Boston,ma
Posts: 682
I understand that FMCA has made some changes to the transport you home benefit. You would need to check the fine print.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:18 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Eez Moose's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy-c View Post
I understand that FMCA has made some changes to the transport you home benefit. You would need to check the fine print.
Last report I got claimed they had engaged a new transporter and that all is well.
__________________
Dennis & Denise Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ada, canada



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorhome crossing border to Canada bwright Class A Motorhome Discussions 64 08-31-2015 08:09 PM
Cats and us/canada border crossing TEFFY iRV2.com General Discussion 25 04-18-2013 06:25 AM
Border Crossing Question into canada. What answer? ctcamper iRV2.com General Discussion 10 10-25-2012 02:05 PM
Crossing Canadian Border into Canada with gun Darlene77 Alaska, Canada, Mexico and Beyond 23 04-12-2012 04:30 PM
Our first canada border crossing Seajay RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories 7 03-17-2010 10:47 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.