Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2021, 01:18 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Eastern NC. gas prices jumped from 2.63 to 2.89 long lines and stations running out of gas.
Digger01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #16

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
In central VA area prices near me jumped 10-20 cents today and wife just reported long lines into the road at one intersection she went through. I guess the panic buying has started. I knew it wouldn't take long. Probably buying TP also.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
I'm curious if anyone who is in the East/Southeast is experiencing either higher fuel prices or outright unavailability of fuel following the pipeline shutdown.

Being about to leave MN for the West again, and understanding that fuel supplies follow a national trend, what I'm hearing makes me pause.
This is NOT a national gas/diesel issue. If you don't go near areas that are serviced by the pipe you will be fine.

There will be plenty of gas and possibly lower prices as refineries that feed the down pipe try to get their gas to other areas.
PS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:20 PM   #18

How many remember the toilet paper"shortage"? Simply act normally(don''t panic) and everything works out in the end. (sorry couldn't resist)
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:14 PM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Entegra Owners Club
PA hasn't increased either, however they seem to look for a reason to hit our wallets. I figure in a few days we'll feel it.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:57 PM   #20

Here in the WNC mountains about 25% of the stations were out earlier today, and prices were up .20 to .30/gallon. Gasoline is available currently, just more costly.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:58 PM   #21

Sold out at most stations in Hampton Roads (southeast Virginia). I might have to cancel my trip that was supposed to start on Sunday if they don't get a resupply.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:09 PM   #22

Eastern NC regular is $2.79.
I went to 8 gas stations this morning that were out of gas. Finally Walmart has gas and a line about 7 car long.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:10 PM   #23

I just received this email from PFJ, quote:
"
To our Valued Guests:

We are closely monitoring the rapidly changing Colonial Pipeline situation and are seeing increased demand for gasoline across various markets in the Southeast region. Diesel is still holding steady in most areas.

The increased strain on the supply chain is causing supplies to get tighter. Currently, diesel is available at most of our locations with select stores experiencing outages as we work to bring in more supply.

We will continue to do everything we can, including bringing in resources and extra drivers from unaffected areas, to meet demand and restore supply where needed at our travel centers.

Additionally, please be aware of the recent Georgia Governor’s Executive Order dated May 10, 2021, which suspended the collection of motor fuel and diesel fuel taxes required by Code Section 48-9-3. More details on this are below.

We greatly appreciate your patience as we work to keep up with the quickly evolving market and will inform you of any changes to diesel supply availability.

Store Operations & Supply Conditions:

• All locations are open.
  • No Gas, Diesel Only:
    • Pilot #425, Midway, FL
    • Pilot #6996, Warsaw, NC
    • Pilot #6990, Kenly, NC
    • Pilot #256, Danville, VA
    • Pilot #500, Jasper, FL
    • Flying J #712, Columbia, SC
  • No Gas or Diesel:
    • Pilot #7971, Conover, NC (Diesel delivery tonight)
    • Pilot #7996, Monroe, NC (Diesel delivery tonight)
  • No Diesel:
    • Pilot #56, Kannapolis, NC (Diesel delivery tonight)
    • Flying J #713, Latta, SC
    • Pilot #4584, Latta, SC (Diesel delivery tonight)
    • Flying J #623, Quincy/Midway, FL (Diesel delivery tonight)
    • Pilot #4557, Carnesville, GA
Georgia Excise Tax Executive Order:

We are aware of the recent Georgia Governor’s Executive Order dated May 10, 2021 which suspended the collection of motor fuel and diesel fuel taxes required by Code Section 48-9-3. With the Colonial Pipeline down, we are required to transport fuel from out of state to our Georgia travel centers, which is creating additional issues as several states will require state excise states to be charged if Georgia taxes are not charged. We are attempting to get more information on the proper handling of this order.

In the meantime, we request that you maintain your receipts for any cash or credit card purchases made on May 11, 2021 through 11:59pm on May 15, 2021, or until further guidance from the State of Georgia on the best way to handle this situation dictates otherwise. Based on guidance received, we will review all direct bill and billing card invoices and make adjustments or corrections as needed.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and thank you for your patience during this time."
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:15 PM   #24

We are in Raleigh and there are long lines and stations are closing because they are out.

https://www.wral.com/panic-buying-af...ions/19672116/

I have not bought any during this situation. I have enough vehicles with enough fuel and no particular place to go any time soon that I do not see it affecting me at all.

In general I think this is a great thing. We need to do something about hackers and our vulnerable infrastructure. Maybe this will get the attention of people who need to get their act together and protect our systems and also develop methods to find and prosecute people who do this type of stuff.

I also think it is great that it is shut down so these "pipeline haters" can get a bit of a reality check by living without one for a while. I hope it stays shut down for a few weeks, so it really gets their attention and people realize pipelines are as necessary to this country as the blood vessels in your body.
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:24 PM   #25

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I just received this email from PFJ, quote:
"
To our Valued Guests:

We are closely monitoring the rapidly changing Colonial Pipeline situation and are seeing increased demand for gasoline across various markets in the Southeast region. Diesel is still holding steady in most areas.

The increased strain on the supply chain is causing supplies to get tighter. Currently, diesel is available at most of our locations with select stores experiencing outages as we work to bring in more supply.

We will continue to do everything we can, including bringing in resources and extra drivers from unaffected areas, to meet demand and restore supply where needed at our travel centers.

[COLOR=black]Additionally, please be aware of the r

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and thank you for your patience during this time."

Got the same email tonight also. Good info if you were traveling
Old 05-11-2021, 07:27 PM   #26

Many are necessary. Not ALL of them.

A local station raised their outdoor price board to 3.09 compared to others locally selling at 2.69. Which led to people believing they were price gouging. Apparently someone thought to put up the price of Premium, which is all they have left. People didn't get that. Today their board price is 2.69 with polite stickers over the non-premium pumps that don't have fuel.

I had to make a short trip and noted with great interest that the stations near SC's border with NC had impressively long lines and the further I got from there the less there was of a rush on stations. Down to some with more pumps than cars as usual. Part of this is because SC and NC have a pretty notable disparity in fuel taxes and I suspect many NC folks at the border are in the habit of refueling in SC when they can anyway.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS56 View Post
This is NOT a national gas/diesel issue. If you don't go near areas that are serviced by the pipe you will be fine.
Agree. In fact, after some reflection, I'm thinking that the inability to pump this fuel to the Northeast should (should!) result in more supply and cheaper prices out West, where I'm headed.

Of course, I really doubt this will be the case.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:00 AM   #28

I just talked with my wife's sister. She and her husband left Florida an hour ago headed for Macon Ga. where they have reservations for the next week. They have a full tank of gas and instead of leaving two full 5 gallon cans of gas behind they decided to put it in the bed of their truck just in case. They plan to fill the truck's tank when it gets around one half empty or possibly a bit sooner if they see signs of stations being out or long lines at the pumps. They are pulling a small travel trailer but get pretty good gas mileage so they figure they will be fine.
The worst that can happen is they will have to park somewhere and wait it out. They have Gas Buddy and a couple other sites on their phones they can monitor also. They are pretty anxious to meet up with my niece who lives close to where they have reservations. Then they will be headed up here for the summer to their other home.

Tags
diesel, east coast, gas