Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have all the clothes we need and use to have refridge full with non-perishable goods but since Norcold 1200 recalls empty fridge and shut it down.
Its plug in keeping the batteries charged during the summer.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Everything stays except perishables. Wash clothes and sheets and put back in. Fill with fuel right before home. Staples, drinks, bottled water stays in fridge (we never turn it off). We buy fresh food where we land but I also keep frozen stuff in the freezer. One thing I do is that I have a tablet in a drawer where I write down things that we are low on that need replacing. When we get home I will replace them in the coach as soon as possible. We have clothes and shoes in the coach for a few days where we can be covered in an emergency. I want to be ready to go in a flash. All I have to load is us and his CPAP machine (gotta have that!)
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #31

even through we are not full times yet, we will leave all things in TT. We check the dates on frig stuff, but will do clothes at cg maybe and then we will have nothing to do to get ready except take new food stuff out the day before. love to be ready 30 min or less. most of the time we dont fill with water as we get it at the cg.
glen-peg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #32

I can be ready to hit the road in 30 min.
My wife can be ready to hit the road in 4 hours.
I get to spend 3 1/2 hours pacing and tapping my foot.
She has learned that if I say we are leaving Saturday morning she better be ready to go Friday afternoon.
My daughter tells her teachers that her dad will probally be there at noon to check her out.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
I keep an active mouse trap in the basement and the closet. Once in a great while it picks up a stray.
Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Duplication saves time...

We duplicated most of what we have at home. We have no off season in the south-west so loading just consists of food and beverages and clean clothes. Since the MH is stored outdoors between trips, we can't leave beverages in it due to the heat. Even though we treat our fresh water tank with chlorine we just feel better drinking our own tap water from gallon containers. Each trip we make a list of things that we want on the next trip. Being able to camp year 'round is a big plus. Happy Trails, Joe