Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Curious, what do you leave in RV between trips?

Just curious, if you go out on trips once or twice a month, what food type stuff do you feel comfortable leaving in good sealed containers? Spices? dry pasta? coffee? etc....just trying to limit what I take in and out each trip! We do carport storage at a facility & have good sealing plastic containers for dry food.

thanks!
michelle
luvmygolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Everthing we can that is not perishable. Ready to roll on in 30 minutes.
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ditto!
Caemlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #4

Same, kept plugged in at the shop. Everything that needed to be laundered has been done and put back in the coach. Just fill the water, throw in the fresh food and hit the road.
Highlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
For the first time in 13 years, we had a mouse get in our stored MH and it seemed they were attracted to a package of taco mix and the end of Q-tips!

During the travel season for us (March to November) my wife keeps all the spices and canned goods in the MH with no problem.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Smile Provisions left on board

Other than perishables, we leave it all. like the other poster stated. We're " READY TO ROLL" on a moments notice. Lugging everything in and out takes the fun out of it. Our unit is treated as another home and everything is on board, except the wife. And she better get in, cause I'm ready to rock and roll.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to W9WLS
Anything NON-PERISHABLE is good, If in doute about mice put in seal-able containers.
Throw a packet or two of "CO-OP" mouse bait in storage compartment's and under kitchen drawers and under dash have never had a problem.
Pick up perishables either in route or when landed.
Just have to add wife and the "2-K Tomcat" and road ready (maybe).
W9WLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
wow...thanks for all the quick replys! That's what I guessed, just wanted to hear from you more "senior" members ! (no offence intended!) We had a minnie winnie years ago, and are just getting back into rv'ing with class a!
luvmygolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lightbulb

We just empty the Fridge. So - we can roll in 30 mintes. We have our Bay Star loaded as an emergency 'Bus". We keep 2 flats (big) of Bottled Water under the seats
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #10

We too subscribe to the "ready to roll" style of RV preparation.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
I'm not sure if you were looking for a more specific reply....I keep a extra of all my makeup and hygeine items same as I do in house, keep an extra pair of sunglasses, we have same cell phone so I keep 1 charger in the MH, same with Kindle charger. I do have a harder time keeping a set of clothes in motorhome as I might want to wear something in there at home and vice versa...I mostly just keep pj's, socks etc in MH at all times and have to grap clothes and shoes before leaving based on weather and where we are going. Also I would suggest making a list of the items you take every time and check them off as I put them in...example, medicines, computers, camera, kindle, GPS (I don't have 2 of these items and need them at home also)....I also keep my perishibles on the check list so I dont leave something important like butter or dog food.

Tracy

Tracy
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #12

I can tell you what not to keep in the RV pantry in the PNW over winter...un-sealed rock salt.

Ask me how I know?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #13

Everything. Fridge is stocked with drinks, frozen meals. All I need is the key and we're gone.
badge2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We leave almost everything...and it's still good a month later! After a year or so, we had to throw out stuff with oil in it...like peanut butter, salad oil, olive oil, chips and so forth.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote