Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2018, 09:50 AM   #1

CW sales driod didn't even let me onto the sales lot

before whizzing in my Cornflakes......

On our way back from the mountains, we decided to stop at CW in Colfax NC (Greensboro) just to look at any class A DPs. As I was pulling up to the gate on the road, a salesman (Allen) was on a golf cart cart coming out of the sales lot (with customers onboard) and was headed for the service shop across the street, and began gesturing for me to turn into the lot across the street where the service shop is. Turning into the sales lot wasn't an option as Allen was blocking the gate. I turned in and found a very full lot. There was somebody dumping tanks so that way was blocked and I stopped. Allen came riding by and didn't even look at me. Then the SM came out and I told him what happened. He agreed with what I saw and that was that there was no option other than unload the toad and back out. Kelly took the toad across and I moved over and I went inside and Kelly hadn't came in yet, so I was telling the greeter what happened and she called a salesman. Then we learned that there wasn't a new DP on the lot and only a 2004 used one and looking at the outside told me that the inside would be a wasted effort.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Demand is high, volume is king.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #3

I had similar experience at a competitor here in Phx. Was looking at MH, sales guy walked by and I said thinking about upgrading, he kept going without acknowledgment, out the door I went.
Rhino Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:20 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What did you expect at CW? 2 RVs bought at La Mesa with super sales persons. Best deals too.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:52 AM   #5

It's amazing that CW no longer has parking for RV's at most of their locations. However, since they seem to specialize in only cheap entry level RV's I have no real need to go there anymore except maybe for the occasional sewer hose or other accessory.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:10 AM   #6

I would say you dodged the bullet.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The CW that I go to for a few small parts and look at the smaller rigs has now instituted a no one on the lot without a salesman and even placed a salesman on a chair right in front of the only public entrance to the lot. So, if I go for a part I look at whats in the showroom and never bother a salesman.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #8

When we were recently looking for a used hybrid, I called a CW in Olive springs MS regarding a jayco 23B. Their RVtrader listing showed a good price. After calling there, a salesman informed that theres another $995 on the price for the service department to do a setup and show you everything works. I promptly shared that everything working was a min staple of what they should do and should be built into their pricing model.

I complained to RVtrader and the CW sales manager called me. (Clearly RVtrader doesn't care what games they play as long as campers keep getting listed on their website.

He tried to offer me some deal on something and wouldn't even follow up with photos like he said. Then next day I called back and the GM answered, he was gonna check on "the situation" and HE never called back. Then the sales manager was finally reached and they had sold the one of interest, and he offered me a 2015 like it for 12K. (A good price I think but didn't want to spend that much).

Then calling back for pictures of that unit led me to another woman who claimed how busy the manager was. Well she did actually follow through but then that one got sold and the manager failed to let me know it was gone. Then another 08 came in, and the girl did follow through, but pricing was too high.

I can't deal with that kind of inconsiderate non follow through volume dealer. Just makes me angry, and I guess RV trader doesn't care about them mislabeling pricing to get people to call. Its no different than me listing somethign on ebay for $25 bucks and adding $50 shipping when everyone else is selling for $65. Wheres the better deal REALLY at?

Doesn't matter we found what we wanted locally and picked it up this past weekend. I just like to recon personal vengeance against shadiness like that as I KNOW other unsuspecting people will be suckered by such tactics.
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop View Post
When we were recently looking for a used hybrid, I called a CW in Olive springs MS regarding a jayco 23B. Their RVtrader listing showed a good price. After calling there, a salesman informed that theres another $995 on the price for the service department to do a setup and show you everything works. I promptly shared that everything working was a min staple of what they should do and should be built into their pricing model.

I complained to RVtrader and the CW sales manager called me. (Clearly RVtrader doesn't care what games they play as long as campers keep getting listed on their website.

He tried to offer me some deal on something and wouldn't even follow up with photos like he said. Then next day I called back and the GM answered, he was gonna check on "the situation" and HE never called back. Then the sales manager was finally reached and they had sold the one of interest, and he offered me a 2015 like it for 12K. (A good price I think but didn't want to spend that much).

Then calling back for pictures of that unit led me to another woman who claimed how busy the manager was. Well she did actually follow through but then that one got sold and the manager failed to let me know it was gone. Then another 08 came in, and the girl did follow through, but pricing was too high.

I can't deal with that kind of inconsiderate non follow through volume dealer. Just makes me angry, and I guess RV trader doesn't care about them mislabeling pricing to get people to call. Its no different than me listing somethign on ebay for $25 bucks and adding $50 shipping when everyone else is selling for $65. Wheres the better deal REALLY at?

Doesn't matter we found what we wanted locally and picked it up this past weekend. I just like to recon personal vengeance against shadiness like that as I KNOW other unsuspecting people will be suckered by such tactics.
Bait and switch is quite common in the sales game.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:52 AM   #10

CW near our home does not sell DP at all. Dropped them some time ago.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:22 AM   #11

Wow.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale