Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2023, 07:21 AM   #1

darn stroke now what to do with the RV??? Toughts please

This situation probably happens more than we think. Unfortunately I had back to back strokes the end of April. I no longer can drive. Im not sure if I will need a care service. I do not want to leave my wonderful wife with the burden of selling the things we will no longer be able to enjoy. I would appreciate some of your folks suggestions on easiest way to move the coach. [Moderator Edit] Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
FLYING BUTCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2023, 08:15 AM   #2

Just my opinion but I think I’d contact a local dealer and see if they would come pick it up and sell it on consignment. Hard part is choosing a dealer. It sounds as if you are not healthy enough to sell it yourself. You’ll likely take a loss on it but it’s not going up in value over time. It’s always hard to adjust to forced changes in lifestyle but all you can do is play the cards you’re dealt. Best wishes.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:33 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
How much is lost when consigning a motorhome for sale? Will be watching this.
Old 06-02-2023, 08:39 AM   #4
Community Moderator

When you say “easiest way to move the coach” do you mean sell it or literally move it to another location?

If move it……do you have a FMCA membership? I believe one of the perks of membership is a service that will pay a professional driver to drive your coach home in the case of a medical event such as you describe.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:49 AM   #5
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW
How much is lost when consigning a motorhome for sale? Will be watching this.
Most are reported as 10% plus the costs of fixing up. NIRVC seems to be a few percentage points lower than that.

Loudon, TN to Lebanon, TN is about 150 miles driving. If the OP decides to consign they might be the best choice because they're within a short distance, have a great customer-focused reputation, and they deal with high-end products and only motorhomes (no trailers).

https://www.nirvc.com/Consignment

Good luck,

Ray
Old 06-02-2023, 08:51 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Call NIRVC in Atlanta or Nashville. Todd Springs in atlanta. I don't know the GM in Nashville. One of them will surely work with you to get what you need done.

Wishing you the best.

Regards.

Chuck
Old 06-02-2023, 01:23 PM   #7

Call the nearest dealership and sell it to them. Surely they'll pick it up and handle everything for you. Might not get every dollar possible but it'lll be handled
Old 06-02-2023, 01:34 PM   #8

Sorry to hear about your medical issues and wish you and your wife the best. NIRVC would be my go to consignment place.
Old 06-02-2023, 02:22 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sorry to hear of your medical situation. Just ending 2 years without coach due to my own medicals but now starting to look for a coach. PM me if you want to discuss.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 02:56 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Flying Butch, you are right this happens quite a bit more often that we hear about, I would hazard a guess that many of the for sale by owner rigs are due to health issues. We are currently shopping for a MH, one that we are going to see tomorrow is exactly that, the wife is selling because her DH can no longer take the traveling. They seem to be a very special couple, I cannot wait to meet them.
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 03:35 PM   #11

So sorry to hear about your health issues. You're not alone.

Do you have children? Or relatives? Or perhaps even hire a RV driver. They deliver them all the time to dealers. Perhaps they would work on the side and could drive it to a consignment place? That would be the easiest. Contact a dealer near you and perhaps they would give you ideas. Just know that you'll probably take a loss on it trying to get rid of it fast but doing so would give you peace of mind and hopefully lift a small weight off your shoulders. Trying to sell it yourself would involve a lot more work with phone calls and no shows and having someone there to go on test drives with them, etc. Don't be hesitant to ask for help. Perhaps even your church could do so or senior organizations.

We sold our motorhome through PPL in Houston with very good results within a month. Perhaps even a consignment place would come to pick it up for you.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 04:03 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I sold our fifth wheel last year using Pop's RV. They do all the advertizing, pictures and screening of potential clients. Was very easy to deal with them.

The downside is that they take 10% of the final sale for their fee. They sold it in 2 months from publish date.

Message me if you want more info. I am not affilated with Pops. Just a happy customer.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 06:58 PM   #13

I am not sure what type coach you have, but I know last year Motorhomes of Texas was offering nationwide pickup for people wanting to sell nicer used Class A coaches.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 04:21 AM   #14

The easiest way depends on how much of a loss your willing to take.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote