Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2004, 01:51 PM   #1

Ok, I'm wondering who decorates outside. I'm NOT talking lights or chairs. But do you have flags on a pole? Or maybe have a favorite tall birdhouse with lights on it (country style) If you are camping at a place for more than a couple of days do you decorate like at home? Put wreaths on door etc? Just wondering, since we can't go camping, all I can do is think

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2004, 01:51 PM   #2

Ok, I'm wondering who decorates outside. I'm NOT talking lights or chairs. But do you have flags on a pole? Or maybe have a favorite tall birdhouse with lights on it (country style) If you are camping at a place for more than a couple of days do you decorate like at home? Put wreaths on door etc? Just wondering, since we can't go camping, all I can do is think

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:52 AM   #3

We put out flower pots, a couple of cute flags, and lights.... BUT not if we are only stopping for a short time.. then we only put out the outside rug (if needed) and one string of lights.

We park in an RV resort for the winter season so most people "nest" a bit and make their spaces look nice. The same goes for the RV park we stayed in for most of the summer.

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #4

We put out seasonal windsocks, windchimes, bird feeder, flags (Texas and U.S.) I have several seasonal tablecloths to use for the picnic table. Candles for the table. I have a pot of geraniums that I have carried all summer.

Last year I had pots of mums and a pumpkin that I arranged next to the steps. For Christmas I have a set of the trees made of rope lights to put out.

As full-timers we try to make our space homey whenever we stop for more than a couple of nights.

2001 40' Travel Supreme 5er with triple slides -Fulltime with Missy and Ming (Furbabies)
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:12 PM   #5

While working at a campground this summer I had a couple of twirly things on the awnings, wind chimes in the trees And our American flag. This fall, while we are hosesitting, Jim got a seasonal job at Oriental Trading Company in
Omaha. Last week they gave each of the employees a gift box full of Halloween items including a Jack-o-lantern banner and hanging ghosts and witches etc.
We suspect another box might be forthcoming before Christmas. Guess we'll be more colorful next year!

Marcie

97 Winnebago Adventurer
taletellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:38 AM   #6

I love to put stuff outside. This past Xmas my parents sent us a Flag with dog xmas theme...this allowing me to add flag pole to the yard i also use suction cups on teh front of the rv and hang windy chimes, we have a sign, and fairy we put on out front jack stands, and we have three flags: texas, NY & the american flag...i do it but try not to over do it! I love when we have a picnic table i run and buy a fun cloth....not that we ever eat on it! LOL

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:06 AM   #7

Florida Boomers tend to put out some form of pink flamingo(s). Probably the Texas Boomers do, too. Makes it easy to pick out Boomers if we aren't all close together on a rally weekend. Some have terrific neon ones they put in their front windows, too.

Wonder if the Pond Piggies put out fish...

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:59 AM   #8

Does it count for decorating if I am sitting outside?

I usually put a tablecloth down and my dog has a prayer rug from the Middle East. That's about my husband's limit for decorating. I think that I could convince him if I found some really cool tacky lights - but we haven't found any that we both agree on!