Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2020, 02:37 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
You are kidding me....

Think yourselves very lucky with your fuel pricing over there in the US...
The average per gallon comparison of diesel here in the UK is $6.72.
That's a lot less than of recent months but if you were to ever venture to France and Italy bring some calming tablets with you....you'd have paid $9.08 last summer.
I know it's all relative but all the same there's a huge imbalance there. We are taxed heavily on fuel but then again against all odds the government is now paying 80% of most folks' wages to stay at home in lockdown
I now realise the value of fiscal monetary policies
Yes we all get screwed one way or another but I hope your guy empties the Federal reserves (hope that's right) to keep your infrastructure intact for when we all can go back on the road.
Take care, be safe!
Fireflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2020, 05:59 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
Get yourself a TSD Fuel card. Save as much as 80 cents on a gallon at Loveís

Everyone needs to remember the 10% of the savings charge too. Effective prices near Memphis yesterday were between 1.61 and 1.69. Still a savings of .20 over the best prices at any other stations I saw. If you download the Excel version of the prices, here is the formula to copy into column G for effective pricing:

=(D2-E2)*0.1+E2
Old 04-03-2020, 08:29 AM   #59

Buffalo, NY area gas down to an avg. of $2.32 gal. The lowest diesel I've seen is $2.72 which is at a Speedway four miles from my home. Speedway one mile from my house $2.87 diesel! Bought gas at the Indian Reservation a week ago for $1.31 and the station across the street was at $1.29! and packed.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:49 AM   #60

Law of supply and demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
I just don't understand why the big difference between gas and diesel prices. We just came back from a 2 day trip to one of the state parks and in eastern Arizona we saw gas down to about $2.40 and diesel up to about $3.15. With the price of oil down I don't understand why the stations have dropped the gas price but kept the diesel price high.
Often wondered myself given gas is a more refined form of crude oil. Only thing that made sense was that diesel is a more commercially applicable product in terms of demand in the transportation industry. Trucks have to roll to deliver goods, trains and shipping as well, the costs can be passed on more effectively to the consumer.

Stuck in the middle again!!!
stuccosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:04 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuccosteve View Post
Often wondered myself given gas is a more refined form of crude oil. Only thing that made sense was that diesel is a more commercially applicable product in terms of demand in the transportation industry. Trucks have to roll to deliver goods, trains and shipping as well, the costs can be passed on more effectively to the consumer.

Stuck in the middle again!!!
Your exactly right. Diesel prices used to be less than gas because it's not as refined. Then some musclehead decided they could make a lot more money with all the truckers on the road and jacked up the price. Makes zero sense because how each is refined except for greed.... And the higher price of diesel then gets passed down to the consumer of goods..... US........
LifeSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:23 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSalt View Post
Your exactly right. Diesel prices used to be less than gas because it's not as refined. Then some musclehead decided they could make a lot more money with all the truckers on the road and jacked up the price. Makes zero sense because how each is refined except for greed.... And the higher price of diesel then gets passed down to the consumer of goods..... US........
Gas is a by product of refining oil. There is only so many % of oil in any given type of crude. The rest is turned into other chemicals like gasoline.
shootist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #63

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
Paid $2.69 for reg unleaded yesterday at Costco in Issaquah, just south of Corona central, (Kirkland WA).
yeah well with 78 cents a gallon in gas tax don't think it will be under 2 bucks anytime soon if at all.
lawjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:54 PM   #64

Diesel price

I bought diesel at Love's in Boardman, or using TSD on 4/1 and paid $1.50.2 per gallon.
jsmauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:46 AM   #65

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Diesel in Casa Grande AZ at Safeway yesterday: 1.95 a gallon.
lawjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:02 AM   #66

This may help you understand the price difference in Gas and Diesel and why it is often much higher only miles apart - but across a state Line!

- -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1920px-Fuel_taxes_in_the_united_states (2).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	280741  
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:14 PM   #67

Nice chart Busskipper. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:31 PM   #68
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Well....California is still nailing us with high taxes. Our local Chevron dropped from 3.99 to 3.59. I'm sure Costco is cheaper. In 2005 we bought a new Monaco Diplomat. At that time, diesel was 3.50 a gallon. So anything under 3.50 around here is good.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:25 PM   #69

Filled up at the love's on I95 in Jacksonville, Fl exit 366 using my EFS card. Diesel said 220.15 for 88.450 gallons. When I got the bill it said 161.96. I will take a savings of 58.19 any day.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:59 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Well....California is still nailing us with high taxes. Our local Chevron dropped from 3.99 to 3.59. I'm sure Costco is cheaper. In 2005 we bought a new Monaco Diplomat. At that time, diesel was 3.50 a gallon. So anything under 3.50 around here is good.
You're taxes are ridiculously high in California because the local politicians keep enacting them. Those are the same politicians that the citizens keep electing again and again. Do't you think it's time for a change. I'm sure I won't be missed but I have no plans to return to CA for any future trip. Other kooky rules contribute. I go where I'm wanted.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel