Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2021, 01:26 PM   #1

Diesel shortage?

we live a a smaller mountain town (pop 25,000 or so) about 90 miles north of phoenix az. there are three speedway filling station in town. i went to fill up the truck with diesel yesterday and all three of the speedway stations were out of diesel. speedway is generally one of the lower priced stations in town. there was diesel available at some of the higher priced stations. i asked the speedway clerk what was up and she said they can't get diesel.

i was over to the same station today to fill up my wife's car (regular gas) and there was a tanker truck unloading fuel into the underground tanks. i asked the driver if it was diesel and he said no. he said that deliveries of diesel to their distribution center is hit and miss and was way down. he said as soon as they get a delivery they truck it out and they have no diesel in storage.

i've heard about a diesel shortage but now it seems to be hitting home!
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2021, 02:23 PM   #2

It's happening all around the world.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59059093
https://www.overdriveonline.com/busi...o-fuel-haulers
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...head-of-winter
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 02:46 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There was some buzz about diesel shortages a month ago. Doesn't seem to be much follow up out there. No idea what's happening elsewhere, but no shortages here and no spikes in prices.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:29 PM   #4

I saw a sign at a fuel station the other day here at home that said "OUT" for the price. Everywhere else seemed to be ok but high ($3.55).
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 07:31 PM   #5

It makes no sense when you consider the refining process is less for diesel that for gasoline. My guess is once they get the price up there will magically be plenty of diesel available. Without diesel how will groceries and everything else get to the store(s). I worked for 52 years in the wholesale electrical trade building high rise buildings. Equipment lead times are currently three and four times what they were 18 months ago. My fear is things could get worse before its gets better. For those of us with diesels we may be sitting on the shoulder for a few months until things blow over.
Mrueth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:29 PM   #6

There is no shortage in my area in the Chicago suburbs. I normally fill up at a grocery Chain station we’re we received a $0.10 off every gallon. My last fill-up was $3.16 a gallon, just $0.05 more than gas in our area. Went by the station to day and the diesel fuel was at the same price as when I filled up a couple of days ago.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:28 AM   #7

I've been able to find it without a problem, but at $4.95 a gallon! My last fillip (half a tank) was $155.00.
AlfaBaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:10 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well around here diesel is at almost every gas station. Prices range high $3.79 to low of around $3.42. Could be the area of the USA that shortage or not. Different stations offer different price options. As Marathon gas has a sign on, 1st 4 fill ups are 10 cents off. after that 5 cents off. just input 11 + phone number. after u sign up. what really bites is like Bj's doesn't sell Diesel,
Old 12-03-2021, 05:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmandmc View Post
Well around here diesel is at almost every gas station. Prices range high $3.79 to low of around $3.42. Could be the area of the USA that shortage or not. Different stations offer different price options. As Marathon gas has a sign on, 1st 4 fill ups are 10 cents off. after that 5 cents off. just input 11 + phone number. after u sign up. what really bites is like Bj's doesn't sell Diesel,
Around here no problem getting diesel and price varies from $3.25 to close to $4 at the trucks stops. Price did drop a bit lately with the manipulating of the strategic oil reserves recently. That underhanded maneuver was only a PR gimmick that will have no lasting effect. PR numbers only but most people saw through it.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:02 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
In TX, there is no shortage of diesel. Around $3.00. It helps to have a lot of the refineries in our state.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:34 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
No shortage in here in Socal yet....around $4.60/gallon at the moment.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel