Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #1

Digital Antenna Ad

I have read the pop up ads online for these new Digital Antennas that advertise more local stations, and for only $35.00.
I thought I would take a chance and ordered one, and based on the ad, expected it to arrive in approx. 4 weeks.
After placing the order, and having it instantly charged to my VISA, I found several reviews slamming the product and it's less than stellar performance!
Six weeks after ordering, I received a phone call from the company asking why I hadn't ordered the optional amplifier for an additional $35.00.
They said they could include it with my order for the antenna and I would receive it in approx. 7 weeks!
Are you kidding, 11 weeks to receive an online order for anything is ridiculous.
I asked for a refund, but they could not do that ,even though they had not yet shipped the item, and that a "senior manager" would need to speak to me.
After waiting 5 business days and no call, I called VISA, explained the situation, and they "instantly" credited my account the initial $35.00.
Call it what you want, Bad Customer Service, Bad Operational Procedures, Bad Management or a Bad Buying Decision, what ever!
I must be at a point in life where I just won't accept being jerked around by companies.
Kudos to VISA for how they handled the matter.
I've now got my refund, and "if" by chance the product does arrive, I will wait to hear from the company about returning it.
Won't hold my breath for that call!
Just a heads up to anyone considering purchasing one of these antennas through a company located in England, be prepared for a long, long wait for your delivery.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Not to mention that the antenna can't tell the difference between digital and analog TV signals. It's just radio waves to the antenna, and waves aren't digital.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:36 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Thanks for the "heads up".
Old 12-30-2017, 03:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Not to mention that the antenna can't tell the difference between digital and analog TV signals. It's just radio waves to the antenna, and waves aren't digital.
Thanks Gary.
My error, it's not Digital, it's HDTV.
Interesting, as I read your post, the antenna ad popped up on my screen!
Old 12-30-2017, 03:36 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.B1 View Post
Thanks Gary.
Still the same, my Winegard bat wing receives both SD and HD programming.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #6

Quote:
I have read the pop up ads online for these new Digital Antennas that advertise more local stations, and for only $35.00.
You can find antennas at Walmart with amplifiers.

If it is for your RV you could probably hook up the antenna to your outside cable connection. But you will need a 12v plug.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks Gary.
HDTV is only digital.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:53 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Ditto... Though I did add the Wingman (Improvement) and Sensar Pro to replae the indoor module (BIG improvement).
Old 12-30-2017, 03:59 PM   #9

Is there some reason you are buying this antenna instead of using the one that came with your RV or does it not have one? If you have one it will receive any TV broadcast. Some just do a better job than others. If you have the Winegard Batwing, you can find some that are about as good but none better.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Is there some reason you are buying this antenna instead of using the one that came with your RV or does it not have one? If you have one it will receive any TV broadcast. Some just do a better job than others. If you have the Winegard Batwing, you can find some that are about as good but none better.
Hello,
We currently have a "King Jack HDTV" on the RV, but depending where we are located, it doesn't always pull in many channels.
Contemplating adding a Wineguard C2+ Dish and then I can use "Dish For My RV" when in the US and "Bell" when in Canada.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
In the meantime try this to block the pop-ups and banner ads. I get nothing but the website I want now. Been using this for a couple years. Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:49 PM   #12

Ahhh The world of Over The Air (OTA) TV. The Jack is actually a good antenna but all of them are iffy because the signals are iffy based on weather, terrain, obstructions, distance from towers, et al. Going satellite will solve many of the issues for those times you can get a signal. Another crap shoot IMO.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:22 PM   #13

The jack is about as good as you can get and is amplified. The satellite would be the only improvement that would make much difference.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:43 PM   #14

I’m late to the party, but have you considered an omnidirectional antenna? One like the KING OmniGo (https://kingconnect.com/product/king...-hdtv-antenna/) would pick up local digital channels from all directions with no pointing required. Assembly is really easy too, and since you don’t have to permanently mount it, you’re able to easily move it for better line-of-sight.
MyKINGProduc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna