Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post
I think someone deserves a lot more than 15 bucks for dealing with other peoples crap in pouring rain late at night that they themselves didn't want to deal with.
Shoot, i'm not above doing it. Let's see, 15 bucks for 5 minutes of effortless work, times 12 if the work is steady, comes out to $180 an hour. Count me in!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #30

OP: Are you thinking about starting a business like this?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #31

Usually you dump tanks before you leave a CG. If you couldn't and arrive late at the next site and its raining, wait til it stops - or if it is a "must dump" situation get out yourself deal with it. How would anyone else know where your wet bay is and how to handle everything.
Doesn't make sense!
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #32

Is it going to be a Camping World employee?

But no,
We have a macerator system installed, plus I have tank flushers etc. My sensors work great with my dumping and flushing method.
Plus if something got broken, and I was not told, and I had to deal with broken equipment at my next stop at night in the rain, I would not be a Happy Camper.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:26 PM   #33

I'd probably just wait until the morning to hook everything up.
I don't mind working in the rain. Driving in it is a whole different ball game, mainly to the others out there who refuse to slow down when it's raining!
Old 09-22-2018, 05:50 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
My first thought was..."what a great idea"...

But then I'm like most of the other folks, would probably say no thanks because I am more comfortable knowing if I did it there would probably be no problems.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #35

Nope, I'm not that helpless yet. Besides I don't want anyone else screwing around with my tanks and valves.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:04 PM   #36

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I must be lazy....I just push a couple buttons inside and the tanks dump themselves.
Then I drive off and leave the hose attached. Then buy another one later.

egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:05 PM   #37
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I always dump my tanks before I leave a CG. Therefore when I arrive there is no need to hook up until the rain stops. On a bad night like that, all that I may hook up is the electricity. If it's pouring the electricity can wait too. Everything can wait.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:16 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusnow2day View Post
I have a question that I have thought about for a little while. So here it is... You are traveling, it’s been a Long day and you make it to your RV Park. You are Super tried, it’s pitch black dark, plus it’s pouring rain. If that RV Park gave the option of a Park employee, 100% dealing with your black tank... hooking it up, emptying it, and taking it apart, for X amount of money, say $15 . Would anyone go for it? Tell you what let’s start with me. I think there would be some situations I probably would, namely the situation in this thread, and some situations I probably wouldn’t. Just Wondering
Nope - But you certainly don't have to dump every Night, just wait a day or two till the rain stops and it works for you.

JMHO,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:38 AM   #39

In some of the campgrounds I’ve stayed at they do not have hookups. The issue I run into is a very long line at checkout waiting my turn to pull up and use a single centrally located dump station. It would be ok if folks just dumped their tanks and moved on but to sit for over an hour and a half as some of the owners broke out hoses for a thorough cleaning was maddening. For $7 per camper a honey dipper wagon would roll through the campground at designated times and pump out your tanks. For me that was a great alternative as opposed to waiting over and hour for my turn to dump. I thought several of the folks dumping were going to break out brushes and start scrubbing deep down in the tank. Oh, and for a couple of dollars extra you could purchase some toilet chemicals to put back down in your tank when he was done. Very nice service. And yes, I’d have no problem paying $15 for the service. Has nothing to do with being lazy or avoiding the stench. It’s about time is money and not wanting to sit idling for long periods. Plus with the suction the honey dipper produces it cleans out very well.
Yes, I do stand over top of him while it’s being cleaned to ensure nothing gets broken.

So what’s reasonable time to dump your tanks? 5 - 10 minutes per trailer? Some of the units sat hogging the station for 20 minutes. To me $7 was a bargain to be able to load up and roll out.
Rickho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:40 AM   #40

I won't give you any crap as long as you don't give me any!
Old 09-23-2018, 07:20 AM   #41

If someone can't dump there own tanks they shouldn't own an RV.
MotorPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPro View Post
If someone can't dump there own tanks they shouldn't own an RV.

WOW!!!!!!!

2018 Coachmen Pursuit 32WC
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Toad
cusnow2day is offline   Reply With Quote