Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dish TV and how they treated me

On Nov. 18th I called Dish TV to open a new account with them. All was going well until the conversation got to my particulars. They informed me that I already had an account with them. I protested and the next thing I new I was talking to Ana(Ama?) in the Fraud department. She informed me that not only did I have an acount with them but it was $900.00 overdue.

I explained to her that I had ID theft problems back in 07. She told me that was about the time period this account was opened. She requested I send her info( police and federal reports and ID). She also gave me her personal extension so I could follow up.

I faxed the info that night. The next day I called and left a message requesting a phone call verifying their receipt of the info.

Nothing!! She never returned my call! Nor has she bothered with the four follow-up calls I have made. It's as thou I don't exist.

What is truly amazing is that my credit reports do not show any deliquent account with Dish. I'm truly upset with the way this company has treated my situation.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
And now you know why we don't do business with DISH, either. Seeing how they bungled my parent's autopay was enough to convince me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We were trying to get my Mother-in-Law, on Direct TV and they people they have working for them are total idiots. They could not get her install time correct, show up twice on the wrong day and no one was home and then they could not answer a simple question on their sports coverage.....You have heard about dumber than a box of rocks....well try a half of a box of rocks.
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I was going to change from Dishnetwork a few years ago to Direct TV. I had a appointment for a Friday at 1PM to 4pm . I got a recorded call around 1PM telling me I was on the schedule. I wait here until 3:30 PM for the guy to come. He never did and at 3:30 PM I called Direct TV. After on the phone for a half hour they got in touch with the tech that was suppose to put it in. He claimed he had called several times here, but got no answer. I was here and with caller ID and no calls were made to here. I told them this and they claimed they must have the wrong number for my home. Then I told them about the recored message earlier, I got no answer. They said they could do it next week for me. I said no and hung up. I called Dishnetwork back and it took hours to get my Dishnetwork working again. I just stay here.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We had several rental houses;; On which we carryed dish, Then droped in when the tennent moved out;; After several years we tryed to renew it because the tennent requested it;; Some one from Canada had Put It in there Name, With a box In the States;; Interesting;; So that guy in the conversation says I would never put it in my name.. Well a little story;; That happend to us;; We put the Utillities Including Water/elect/sewer/cable, Etc in the tennents name; In February there was a posting in the paper A house at that address was going up on a shireffe auction; For leans against the house; Them dammed renters never paid any of the bills, And the landlord {we} were never notified We had to repay all the charges plus late fees and court costs. And near lost a $350,000.00, huose; Then that guy that knows it all says only the sewer/and water are leanable;; That's a load of crap. It can be put under an Umbrella lean. We still have dish at our residence; It appiers to be the lesser of the the evels;;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Never had a bit of problems with the billing or the installation at the house.My only problem has been with my sat guy,like as in Larry the cable guy, cuz he put the wrong box in the MH and didn't put the smart card in the box,so when I go to use it,it tells me that I can't..Then he tells me that the box is only for one TV when I very carefully told him I wanted the same DVR double as in the house.Why get a box that can only service one TV at a time when you have the Traveler Super Dish that can read 5 sats at a time.We're gonna strraighten that out after the holidays... FER SHER....
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Both Dish and Direct have it pretty well wrapped up as there is really no other options. It just seems to be that many people are with one or the other due to which one treated them the worst. Right now I am with Direct because of the way Dish treated me.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I just got out of Directv because of the way they treated on several occasions. I will NEVER go to them again and have been with them since 2004. What a joke. WIll see with DISH but as stated above they both have it cornered and don't really seem to care much. However, I will say this about DISH, it is cheaper, no equipment fees or paying $100 for a receiver and I can get HD on my In-Motion Sat. They have also started a pay as you go service for RV Owners. Something that Directv doesn't seem to care about.
roboniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #9

Direct and Dish TV

FYI both Direct and Dish TV are now owned by the same parent company. Isn't our government on the ball with the anti- monopoly act?

rops
rops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rops View Post
FYI both Direct and Dish TV are now owned by the same parent company. Isn't our government on the ball with the anti- monopoly act?

rops
Is this something recent, or just a rumor? They were trying to merge about 5 years ago, but nothing ever came of it.

As an aside - if you want to watch any of the Comcast Sports Net channels you're out of luck with Dish Network right now. Dish and Comcast are having arguments over pricing and Dish had pulled ALL Comcast programming from their system. In response, Comcast has offered a $150 gift card to any Dish subscriber who dumps Dish and goes with ANY other provider.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. I've had both over the years and they both have their moments. I had the Titanium package (everything, including PPV) with DirecTV. Then we moved and their installer butchered the installation and didn't bother to finish the job on day 3. I still have holes in the wall that I need to fix. I canceled DirecTV and went back to Dish. They were in and out in an hour or two.

If you have an identity theft problem with a company, you're going to have problems. I don't think either satellite company would handle it to your satisfaction. Just be glad that it wasn't Qwest. They're the real experts in botching customer relations. After a move, they were billing my previous street address and my new city. I spent weeks on the phone trying to get it fixed. I finally got a bright one. She saw my information and started laughing. She knew the problem before I said a word. "It's a good thing we're a monopoly. We make money in spite of ourselves!" Finally the problem was solved, but I must have talked to 40 or 50 people to get there.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
There otta be a law: Companies like cable & sat dish companies-- that routinely have drivers with tools out and about who can easily disable anyone's sat or cable service--should not be allowed to bill anyone for more than 3 months unpaid service...

Since it IS so easy for them to STOP your service (they can even do it from the office in many cases), to let a bill get $900 behind seems to be their own stupid fault...
PlayItForwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I like Dish... you just gotta know how to talk to 'em. Free HD, free HD DVR, Cinamax for a penny, $10 off monthly bill for a year, dish relocated 4 times for free.. these are just some of the things I was told I couldnt get/do, but did with a little persistence..

To the OP, dont call that extension. Call back, ask for that department, then explain it to the new person and ask for the supervisor or 'someone who can handle my problem now..If you cannot find that person, please connect me to the "Office of the President"...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #14

I've been with DirecTV since 1992. Most of the time w/o any major issues. A time or two, I have had to call in about a double billing. I pay my bills with online banking and that gives me total history records.

Both times, just being calm, and explaining the situation got it resolved to my satisfaction. both times, they gave me a free receiver upgrade. The 2nd time, I finagled 3 HD DVR receivers and only paid for one and that with 3 months free service.

My sister was on Dish, she never seemed to be able to keep her system working. new receivers go on the blink. Replaced, then break again in a few months.
Finally just went to the local cable service.
AZgl1500 is offline   Reply With Quote