Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2018, 07:13 AM   #1

DISH - Wally vs 211

A couple of years ago, we purchased a Winegard Pathway x2 and 2 Wally receivers to use with Dish Network since we have Dish service at home. We had a lot of trouble with the Wally's, got frustrated and purchased the 211's. If memory serves me correctly, the Wally's had trouble locking onto more than one satellite.
As I read through a number of posts about Dish network, I am wondering which of the receivers is the better of the two, Wally or 211. Can anyone explain the difference to me? We have both, plan will keep one and sell the other.

Thanks for your help in advance.
txcpl is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
DISH - Wally vs 211

I like the Wally, runs much cooler compared to the 211. I do seem to have a bit more trouble locking on to 129 in an iffy line of site but the Wally uses the new remote, same as the Hopper. I pay for the for the
Hopper so it seems reasonable to put it in the Moho when we travel. Put the wireless Joey. On the bedroom TV. Maybe next trip.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:21 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I replaced two 211Z receivers with two Wally receivers and have been very pleased. They not only run cooler, they have a smaller footprint, and the remote is RF rather than IR....a big plus in my opinion. An added feature is the menu that mirrors a Hopper menu vs the funky one you get on a 211Z.

I have never had a problem with the Wally not locking on all three satellites.
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:24 AM   #4

I imagine that the Wally has some benefits - smaller size, remote, on-screen different, cooler.... but our 3 VIP211k's work well and i'll probably not change anything.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish