Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do Not Purchase an RV Extended Warranty from This Company!

WARNING: Do not purchase any RV extended warranties through RVWarrantyProtection.com, aka CarWarrantyProtection.com

Extended RV Warranties...some folks love ‘em, some hate ‘em. I have had three of them over the years and they have saved me a great deal in repairs, so I’m one of those who likes them, as long as the warranty service provider is a good company. There are some out there that are worthless.

My current extended warranty is about to expire. I purchased my last warranty contract online and saved a considerable amount of money compared to what my local RV dealer wanted for the same exact warranty, so I limited my shopping to online dealers once again. The online dealer that sold me my last warranty is no longer in business, so I had to look elsewhere.

The best quote I received was from an online company called RVWarrantyProtection.com. The owner told me he only writes contracts through United States Warranty Corporation. United States Warranty is a reputable firm, so after some price negotiations, I agreed to the purchase. That was two months ago. I spent the first 30 days waiting for my copy of the service contract, which never arrived. I spent the next 30 days attempting to contact RVWarrantyProtection.com’s owner Randy Floodman, but he never returned my calls or emails. I then called United States Warranty and asked them if they had a contract on file for me. They had never heard of me.

I left a final message for Mr. Floodman telling him that I intended to file a police report for fraud. He called me back the next day and gave me some lame excuses as to why he couldn’t fulfill my purchase. He said he would “try” and issue me a refund within 1 to 2 weeks. That wasn’t good enough, so I immediately disputed the purchase with my credit card company.

There is a happy ending. I received a phone call today from United States Warranty. They were very upset about what had happened. They said that neither Randy Floodman or RVWarrantyProtection.com aka CarWarrantyProtection.com was authorize to sell their product. In fact, Mr. Floodman had been banned from selling their products due to similar practices. They were sympathetic with my situation and offered to issue me a direct warranty for less than what Floodman had charged me. What a stand up company!

If you purchased a United States Warranty Corporation extended RV warranty through RVWarrantyProtection.com, I’m sorry to say that it is most likely worthless. I will do what I can to see that the owner ends up in jail.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you for the head's up. That's what this forum is all about!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #3

I know some people get the money back from claims but i would beat most do not at least i don't from any kind of extended warranty. The say that's not covered or it breaks after it expires.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

Hope you filed a complaint with the BBB where this man lives and does business.

This points out virtually all extended service contracts are sold through brokers, as this in this case. The brokers benefit from being out of the picture (not liable) after money exchanges hands(didn't happen here), they get their commission, then the customers repair shop deals with the company.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #5

V10 engine, Dash AC compressor, speedo console, fuel pump and filter cost Phoenix American warranty >$10K. I had a $200 deductible.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
ExtraRide or CoachNet, these two have pretty good reputations. I have ExtraRide and it has paid for several things to be repaired/replaced over the time I have had it. They have always been fair and easy to work with. In my case, I have recovered by cost of the coverage. But it all boils down to how each person feels about this type protection.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
,Warranty no problem, 31 year old Motor home, no one interested in giving me one.
I had to send pictures to the Ins Co. before they would give me full coverage Ins...
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the heads up....

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do press for criminal charges. It's the only way to really curtail thus types of fraud.

I had a used car dealer sell my car on consignment. He did not pay the lien holder, which I only learned some weeks later. I gave him two days to pay. He did not and gave me stories as to why not - dog died, wife was supposed to do it, etc. I gave him one more day. Did not pay. The next morning the district attorneys office contacted him. He paid at 11am that day.

Another time a privately owned good sized company owed me a substantial amount of money. Others were similarly owed and were filing law suits - only to be stalled of course. My attorney filed theft charges and the police went to the company HQ with an arrest warrant. I got my resolution the next day.

If they steal. File charges.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #10

Had a GF who's X sold the stocks that she got in the divorce. He told his broker he lost the certificates. Had a lawyer friend send him send a threatening letter of intent. She got the stocks. Not sure who's the crook; The broker who believed him or the X.

It was kinda funny. She had the certs, but forgot where she put them. I was a hero. I found them in a night stand.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
I had not heard of that company before. But glad you gave us a heads up. Before I purchase anything I always try and research it. Read reviews. Check as many sources as possible. And like you mentioned paying with a CC. Most of them will back up your purchases. Glad it worked out for you.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #12

Have you heard of Phoenix American RV Elite? They paid over $10K. All but my $200 deductible and shop supplies.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Keep in mind that rv protection.com is the party in the wrong here. United stated warranty corporation is not. I not only had a warranty on my own coach through United states warranty corp. which payed to fix several issues on my RV but the MH dealer I worked for sold them as well. They are a very reputable company. They would listen to the dealer when we went to bat for a customer over a repair and cover it. They always took the route of satisfying the customer.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #14

Good to know about a dealer. Sun City RV seemed sincere, but it took over 3 months to replace all that stuff. I think they couldn't find the CEO who had to sign off on the >$10k. He was probably on the golf coarse. When I called, they didn't think he played golf.

Tags
purchase