Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2006, 03:53 AM   #183

Hey Bob!
I've just been working out in the field six days a week, and Sundays keeping up on the property. Now I am mostly behind a computer for work, having hired others to do my field work. So now I can slip over to some of my other favorite sites now and again. Really good to see all the old gang still here.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2006, 04:07 AM   #184

Location: Living my imperfect todays rather than waiting for my perfect tomorrow...
Quote:
Originally posted by RV Roadie:
Wow!
I've been gone for more than a year and this topic I posted on in 2004 is still being posted to today? You can still count me as carrying.
Hi Derek! I just found this forum recently and love it. Nice to see you here, too!
Old 06-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #185

Hey Donna!
Yep I saw you found iRV2. Lots of good folks here. Saw your post on the previous page. Guess we are still on the same page.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #186

Why is it that about every couple of months this silly topic reapears. Wepons have become an icresing part of our society and should not be taken as lightly and for granted as it seems they are Don't get me wrong I feel you should have the right to have one if you want and hunt until your feet turn black and blue but I am very uncomfortable with the thought of my next door neighbor at anycampground USA having a wepon as well as an itchy trigger finger ,when they think they may be threatened or in a threataning condition Some things are just betteroff left at home and even if it is their home ,a campground is NO place for a firearm or weponry of anytype Thats just my opinion and I may get ripped for it but its time to move on to a new topic and let this one sleep a little longer

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
Old 06-18-2006, 03:56 PM   #187

Im not saying wether I agree or disagree with it, but I am saying that Governor Jeb Bush just signed into Florida state law that firearms will be allowed into state parks starting October 1st of this year.

I was camping in a state park all of last week here in Florida and not one ranger or park employee I saw wore a weapon. I guess that will have to change too when October 1st comes along.

Yes, I do carry sometimes

2005 Carriage Compass 30 RLS
Old 06-19-2006, 01:52 AM   #188

Well JJ it's like this. Not all gun owners are trigger happy. That in itself is a very poor assumption by you. In fact I think you would be rather shocked to learn how many camping neighbors actually do carry. Yep those very nice and friendly folks you just sat and had a long camp fire chat with last night are probably gun carring people. Even though they may have denied it, and we will,...we have to because we don't know folks like you from Adam, and we don't trust you anymore than you trust us "itchy trigger finger" gun owners. That's the way it is, better get use to it.

Del
Old 06-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #189

On a lighter note . . .
Get a Chihuahua!
http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/features/suspects/61290

However . . .
http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/...id=oid%3A92696
Old 06-20-2006, 04:57 AM   #190

How many RV'ers carry a fair sum of cash when they are travelling? The majority, I'm sure.

As far as I am concerned, you are a prime target when on the road, especially in remote areas like crossing Nevada on US 50 for example.
Even if you don't carry a lot of cash, the bad guys think you do.

I wouldn't leave home for the road without my firearm, I have a CWP from Washington, though not recognized by a lot of states, just about all states are tolerant about driving through as long as the pistol is not in the immediate area of the driver and readily accessable.

Mike T.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:08 AM   #191

I don't think the average rv owner understands what the sequence of events will be if they open their door to entruder.
Once the door is opened even slightly the intruder/s will rip the door open with great force and RUSH in at you, forcing you back inside and that's all she wrote.

If you were to open the door with a drawn weapon the outcome might be different.

Unless the RV victom has had Military or Police training they will hesitate to use the weapon just long enough for the perp to rush them.

An attack trained Doberman or Shepard might be the safest and best deterant. The dog will act much faster then a human because they don't pause the think about lawyers and damages.
An agressive dog will also scare the Crap out of the perp especially if the dog is taught to be quite and they sneak up on them.

I would love to see a perp's face in that case.
Now, if they drop dead on the spot from freight you will have to bagum and tagum, Dano.

The best answer is to open the window next to the door [since you are above the person in a class A RV] to see what they want.

Do unto others, FIRST.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally posted by lwmuddy:
The best answer is to open the window next to the door [since you are above the person in a class A RV] to see what they want.
Right on when you say "don't open the door ...but you go on to say, "open the window, etc." Now I say the best bet is ...don't open nutten. Talk through the door and if the conversation gets a little rough or out of place, just mention you have a gun and will not hesitate to use it if necessary. This happened to us in BCC Canada at Lac La Lache KOA. We always carry a gun in our USA travels but never to Canada ...but I would never say that in the blind through the door.

Rich

Our RV trip to Canada
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #193

I have three dogs and a wife going through "THE CHANGE" I pity the fool that would try and force his way into my coach! I don't plan on carrying at this time but one bad experiance could change that. Scotty.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #194

Yes indeed There are a lot of folks who are quite well versed in the use of firearms and many may well have had some training and more yet police and or military training Its the ones who have never had any training or only a little target range shooting that we need to worry about I have had handgun training througt our local police and sherrifs dept's but would still not be comfotable enough to have it with me to have to make the desision as to point a wepon at someone.I do not have the training or the exprence.I also think that just because the govt says its ok to carry a side arm dosent' mean one should Ya know everyone may think I sound like one of those people who think that no one should hav a gun , but thats not true I feel that it IS a right/priverlige that any one who can legaly have one should just not me thanks for the debate and the forum I just knew that I would get a few folks juces going Happy camping Bye for now th

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
Old 06-29-2006, 07:07 AM   #195

Mid Atlantic Campers
Open the door.......... are you nutz. God made 45's just so ya can shoot through a wall, little, to no contact with a perp. however, it will make a mess of yer paint job remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure, have a strategic plan, find the best place to get a clear advatage on an unexpected intruder in the middle of the night. remember boyz and girlz, he who gets off the first round is usually the winner.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Old 07-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #196

I haven't seen any news about trigger happy RV owners shooting anything. What's the big deal ? I will always carry a .45 or .44 depending where my travels take me. I also have Concealed Weapon Permit & "Nam combat training. I can't recall hearing a shot fired in an RV campground...Now if there is a direct threat to my Family I have options besides watching the perp do as he would...I may feel bad over shooting a criminal but I'll get over it. Getting over having my Family molested - never.

2005 Itasca Sunova 30B/Workhorse
Closed Thread