Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2008, 05:22 PM   #253

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've been reading about a new cartridge, the 327 Federal Mag. It's actually a .32 cal.,but has more energy than a .38+P. Close to a low end .357, but recoil like the .38. So far only available in a Ruger SP101 six shot. Just something new to look at.

Glenn
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #254

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by az bound:
PS; Anyone considering a self defense weapon check out the Taurus Judge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really like the concept of this gun, but it is a little too large and heavy for concealed carry, and (I believe) difficult to find as well as expensive.

Jeep Wrangler
Old 03-21-2008, 02:23 AM   #255

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gary:
Taurus has an ultra-lite version out that weighs 12oz. less than the original.I have seen it advertised as low as $375. When I carry mine I use a pancake style holster. I dont really try to conseal it. I have my CCW just in case there is any question.
My personal feeling is that if the bad guy wants my tv he can have it, that's why I have insurance,just leave my wife and I alone. If he enters my bedroom or intends bodily harm he will get a load of buckshot.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #256

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My personal feeling is that if the bad guy wants my tv he can have it, that's why I have insurance,just leave my wife and I alone. If he enters my bedroom or intends bodily harm he will get a load of buckshot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not going to willing give the bad guy anything I've earned and paid for. His rights ended at my property line. If he's invading my home or motorhome he's not doing it for my health and therefore I believe he has the intend to do bodily harm.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #257

I have been weighing the pros and cons of this issue lately and have yet to come to a conclusion. As a kid I grew up with guns in our home and did quite a bit of hunting, etc. In the past we have done a lot of camping and hiking and we will be doing more now that our daughter is getting old enough to really get out again for more than a night or two of campground camping. Also Phoenix has grown from a "good sized" city to the 5th largest and crime has grown along with it. I am concerned for my families safety and certainly have no hesitation to properly defend ourselves. My worry is about storing a loaded weapon with a 5 year old in the house. Gun locks and a gun safe are obvious answers, but how do you trade off safe weapon storage with having a "ready" weapon? What do you do to keep your children/grandchildren safe? Just hiding the weapon certianly is not an acceptable answer because I certainly was able to find my dad's "safe hiding place".
Old 04-03-2008, 04:04 AM   #258

There are many gun lock boxes that offer secure yet fast access. Some are digital locks able to be opened in the dark and some read a thumbprint. Research this and you will find just what you need. You are indeed right that "daddy's hiding place" is a very bad choice.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #259

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
My Taurus .38 is sitting in a storage locker at an RV park on the border of US/Canada. It's been there so long, I can buy a new one for what I'd pay in storage fees, so I am. I feel naked without my handgun. I've carried one since 1984 . . . I'm of the opinion that if the crazies are going to have guns, then I'm going to have a fighting chance to defend myself. I don't have kids - no nieces, nephews or grandkids . . . and kids are never in my rig. I don't think the doggies will go looking for the gun so I feel safe in having one with me. Now that I'm going to be boondocking a lot, I'm definitely going shopping for a new one.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #260

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Neil -

The owner of the RV park provides this service for people crossing into Canada. I left it there because I didn't want to risk taking it across the border, but didn't want to sell it and hoped to get back to reclaim it. As it is, I'm in northern California and have no idea when I'll be able to get back to Montana. The contract to leave the gun there in the LOCKED LOCKER states that if you do not reclaim the gun within a year, the gun is surrendered to the local Sheriff's department. I'd hardly say that letting the Sheriff's department have the gun is "letting it fall into the wrong hands".

There sure were a lot of assumptions in your post to me. Wouldn't it have been better to ask questions before passing judgment? I'm a former Marine, I've owned weapons all my life, been handling weapons since I was 6 years old and you are the first person that has ever even hinted at the possibility that I might not be a "responsible gun owner". And this was hardly my "first one". To be honest, for you to make that many assumptions and to chastise someone you don't know in a post is highly offensive.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #261

Hey! GM

Welcome to the board. Boy, are you in for some frustration if you let minor obnoxious posts get to you. Really, irritating posts take place on many of these RV forums, and I must say, this one is one of the best for being polite. lol
Last time I talked to my brother, he interrupted my comments, addressed his incorrect assumption as to what he thought I was "going" to say and then told me I was off point when I tried to return to my original point. lol He is sure to be an RVer one day.
This is really a great forum, one of the best IMNSHO.
Hang in there and enjoy.

Ron
Mt Aire 4301
Jeep GC

2004 Mt Aire 4301
Old 04-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #262
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
A gentle reminder folks.

Discussions of topics and issues is encouraged, but discussions of each other is not permitted.

Adios, Dirk

Old 04-15-2008, 05:17 AM   #263

In the news;

Florida Passes Guns at Work Bill
Monisha Bansal
Senior Staff Writer
4-11-08
Florida Passes Guns at Work Bill

(CNSNews.com) - Gun rights advocates praised the Florida Legislature for passing a measure that allows gun owners to have firearms locked in their cars while they are working.

The measure prohibits business owners from banning firearms that are kept locked in cars by their employees when those vehicles are parked on company property.

"We believe this legislation will prevent unfair sanctions against workers who simply want to exercise their constitutional right to have a firearm for their personal protection while traveling to and from work," said Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA).

"Florida citizens who are legally licensed to carry have gone through background checks and a licensing process that certainly establishes their standing as law-abiding," he added. "These are not the kind of people who pose a problem in the workplace."....
Old 04-15-2008, 06:51 AM   #264

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
If you are looking to buy a firearm there's nothing like a .45 loaded with 230gr. Hydro-shocks to get your point across to the "bad guys," it's worked for me 2 different times so far.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #265

is it legal for a canadian to purchase a firearm in the us?
Old 11-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally posted by baboo:
is it legal for a canadian to purchase a firearm in the us?
The answer is: NO!
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Closed Thread