Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #365

Thor Owners Club
The Judge...finding one to buy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Pubtym; "holy mackrel" I think thats the same thing I said the first time I fired my .410 revolver. I own a Rossi which predates the Taurus and is no longer in production. Going to purchase the Taurus with the cylinder for 3".
I originally purchased it for my DW in 1970 when I worked nights and she was home with three children in rural Arizona.
Now for the exciting part: I have only used it for lethal purposes on two ocasions. Once when a fox with bad intentions invaded the henhouse and had to be eliminated and an old GE refrigerator that had been rampaging the countryside that I had to dispatch with five rounds of #00 buckshot. Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Rich -in-Tampa; My preference is the revolver because of the smaller size And larger shot pattern at close range, just right for the confines of an rv or bedroom and easier to store. The shorter barrel also means less penetrating power due to lower muzzle velocity than the long barrel making it less likley to penetrate through walls. Your .410 will do just fine.
Good luck in finding a Taurus "Judge'. Most small gun shops probably are not authorized an allocation from Taurus. Most larger gun shops categorize the "Judge" as the hottest selling handgun in the past year. Call some gun shop dealers and ask about their stock on the Taurus "Judge'. When I found a local dealer last year that had some (3)...I immediately said..."put it on hold now..I'm on the way in my car in one minute!" Bought it 30 minutes later..

I shot trap with the CEO of Taurus in the Fall 2008. He told me they cannot keep Judge production up to fill the current high demand. You will be lucky if you find the exact model you want..I really like the flat black metallic "Night Court Edition". To me it's just more awsome looking than stainless or nickel models..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #366

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDog View Post
September 2008.

Peace River Campground, FL.

At about 1 am my doggie got a little upset over some noises coming from the drivers side little window. I woke and walked slowly towards the window where I could see movement from behind the curtin.

All I did was rack one in the chamber. All I saw was ass and leggs running away from the coach. Two other campers were broken into that night. Mostly storage area stuff was stolen.

Funny how the sound of a round being chambered makes some folks fast runners.
Proof that there's a difference between running as fast as you can, and as fast as you have to.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:26 AM   #367

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubtym View Post
Good luck in finding a Taurus "Judge'. Most small gun shops probably are not authorized an allocation from Taurus. Most larger gun shops categorize the "Judge" as the hottest selling handgun in the past year. Call some gun shop dealers and ask about their stock on the Taurus "Judge'. When I found a local dealer last year that had some (3)...I immediately said..."put it on hold now..I'm on the way in my car in one minute!" Bought it 30 minutes later..

I shot trap with the CEO of Taurus in the Fall 2008. He told me they cannot keep Judge production up to fill the current high demand. You will be lucky if you find the exact model you want..I really like the flat black metallic "Night Court Edition". To me it's just more awsome looking than stainless or nickel models..
You sure are right about availability, everyone has them on backorder. Wonder why they have become so popular? Guess I will just have to stand in line.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:12 AM   #368

Appalachian Campers
They can't keep up just like you can't find ammo esp. in particular calibers. There has been an extreme run on firearms of all types in the last six months.

It seems to be easing a bit, but not much.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubtym View Post

There is a third option in this caliber weapon: http://snakeslayer.com/
Made in, appropriately enough; Granbury, TX.

If anyone says they have anything larger that #4 shot in a .410 bore shotshell, ask where they got it. No shotshell in .410 bore factory loaded is larger than that.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 05-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #370

I have a simple requirement for my weapons, and that is can they hunt? Is there sufficient stopping power and accuracy to stop what ever game I seek and put dinner on the table. The secondary rationale for a weapon is to maintain self defense. Does this Tauraus 4:10 fit this. With few exceptions folks will leave you alone. Its the Government and potential collapse I am worried about. I suspect these little plastic semi-autos have about as much chance of hunting as the man in the moon. Just some thoughts as it was how my dad taught me.
Phil
Old 05-11-2009, 06:00 AM   #371

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post

If anyone says they have anything larger that #4 shot in a .410 bore shotshell, ask where they got it. No shotshell in .410 bore factory loaded is larger than that.
I had forgotten about the snakeslayer and I think heard about someone making a derringer also.
The last .410 ammunition I bought was purchased at Guptons sporting goods. Federal Personal Defense Ammunition PD412JGE000, .410 guage, 21/2in 4 pellets #000 buck 20/box. Federal premium power shok F412RS .410 1/4oz lead slug 5rd/box. No offense intended.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #372

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojavaphil View Post
I have a simple requirement for my weapons, and that is can they hunt? Is there sufficient stopping power and accuracy to stop what ever game I seek and put dinner on the table. The secondary rationale for a weapon is to maintain self defense. Does this Tauraus 4:10 fit this. With few exceptions folks will leave you alone. Its the Government and potential collapse I am worried about. I suspect these little plastic semi-autos have about as much chance of hunting as the man in the moon. Just some thoughts as it was how my dad taught me.
Phil
Although it was not designed as a hunting weapon I have used it to hunt rabbits and even javelina. The Taurus 4510 is a five shot revolver not a "saturday night special". The information I have given is for those whom are contemplating a personal defense weapon and is by no neans the only one that can be used for that purpose.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post

You can find Winchester Super-X 000 buckshot at Cabella's -- the 2 1/2 inch shells have 3 shot per shell and cost $5.99 and the 3 inch shells have 5 shot per shell and cost about 50 cents more per box. They are sold in boxes of 5.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #374

children around guns

when my kids were just big enough to walk i made sure to take them camping, along the wayi showed them a chipmunk and shot the animal to get through to the kids that guns kill and that stayed with them also i taught all three to shoot and started hunting with them . all threee have killed their own elk and all three are ladies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
Like my father, I believe in gun safety education. Have a sit down talk with your grandchildren and answer their questions. Show them what damage a bullet can do to a water mellon, what it can penetrate i.e., steel, wall, glass, etc, and the reason they should never touch one until they attend safety school and have permission from you. Also, remind them the importance of reporting to you, their parents, teachers and police if they should ever see a friend or another child with a gun.
Do this not once, but at least annually so you can provide them the opportunity to speak about guns and ask questions. Someday you may want to take them with you when you go to a practice range.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #375

Yes several but I also live in my rig full time. The Mossberg 500 short barrel with pistol grip was purchased for my trip to Alaska because I would be in the back country solo from time to time. But I also read in a book when I was getting ready to full time that it was very effective at persuading an intruder from entering by just racking one into the chamber. Also I under stand since it is my residence and I can not access them from the tow vehicle that it is legal to carry them. Of course the rules have changed with Canada since I made my trip north.

Paul
Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #376

i don't call it a firearm. his name is mr. ruger and he stands 357 tall. he just keeps us company.

2004 CRYSLER PT CRUISER TOAD
Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #377

Jayco Owners Club
http://www.pipersprecisionproducts.com/m134_6mm.htm

I would like to have this BB gun for protection, discourage tailgaters, and just all around house work like stripping the paint off the deck.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #378

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
http://www.pipersprecisionproducts.com/m134_6mm.htm

I would like to have this BB gun for protection, discourage tailgaters, and just all around house work like stripping the paint off the deck.
You sir are a bad, bad person showing me that.
Closed Thread