Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #407

We have one in the RV. I too have a Kel-Tec 380 auto. Also have my concealed carry permit.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #408

Newmar Owners Club
Yes I carry. I have several friends who do also. Just because you are not afraid or you think the situation your are is ok does not make it so. Situations change fast. Most people project there morals and values on other people--wrong. There are people in this world who think no more about taking another human life than I do when I kill a fly. Combine that with the ease of getting mind altering drugs makes for a bad combination. I watched black belts get their butts handed to them. People don't fight fair. Guns become a equalizer. I choose not fight anymore and if needed I will not hesitate to shoot someone to protect myself or my family. I will then worry about the legal complications. But when it comes to court they will not be able to testify.
2015 GMC Seirra
Old 03-31-2011, 03:38 PM   #409

Ford Super Duty Owner
The liberal newsmedia has done their best to brainwash americans about guns. This is a fact. Anything that goes against their agenda, they Ignore. Google Kennesaw, GA. gun law. Back in the 80s they passed a law which is still on the books. It said that all Homeowners were required by law to own a gun and immunition. The national newspapers and tv stations went crazy. Wives would be shot. Children killed. Next door neighbors shot. None of this happened. What did happen, was crime fell 80%. The news media will not talk to you about Kennesaw, because it shows as usual they are liers. Their crime rate is still the lowest in the area.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #410

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
The liberal newsmedia has done their best to brainwash americans about guns. This is a fact. Anything that goes against their agenda, they Ignore. Google Kennesaw, GA. gun law. Back in the 80s they passed a law which is still on the books. It said that all Homeowners were required by law to own a gun and immunition. The national newspapers and tv stations went crazy. Wives would be shot. Children killed. Next door neighbors shot. None of this happened. What did happen, was crime fell 80%. The news media will not talk to you about Kennesaw, because it shows as usual they are liers. Their crime rate is still the lowest in the area.
Maybe this quote from Wikepedia is why you don't hear about it: "Statistical analysis of [the] data over a longer period of time did not show any evidence that [the law] reduced the rate of home burglaries [in Kennesaw.] "

Or maybe the crime rate is low because of this: "The city of Kennesaw was selected by Family Circle magazine as one of the nation's "10 best towns for families".[3] The award was aimed at identifying the best communities nationally that combine big-city opportunities with suburban charm, a blend of affordable housing, good jobs, top-rated public schools, wide-open spaces, and less stress." Of course, a good argument could be made that a low crime rate is what contributed to it's being such a good place to live.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #411

It is amazing at how you can see the difference in replys as to where the people live. Southern states seem to be more carry than the NW and NE. Thats good, I do most of my travels in the south. Yes I do bring along a gun.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #412

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you don't own one and feel safe enough, that's ok by me. It probably has alot to do with where you are at or how you were raised. Those of us who carry are not blood thirsty goons ready to blast away. Hopefully we can see each other's point of view and let it go at that.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #413
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
I keep one in my home, when I am on the road thats my home away from home, I feel better knowing its there as a matter of fact I am trading my revolver in for a glock semi auto
Old 03-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #414

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Talking

All i can say is, Open the door and come in and find out
Old 03-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #415

I greatly enjoy sport shooting ...shotgun and skeet and/or clays, and handgun target shooting. And I am aware that whatever firearms I carry along on my journey may have other uses as well. I try to use the defensive weapon between my ears every day in ways to lessen the possibility I might need to use a "sporting" firearm for defensive purposes ...but I don't carry unloaded firearms unless we are in areas that strictly require that.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #416

Country Coach Owners Club
I have a friend with a 03 Monaco Night !! the mirror bases are being eaten up with what looks to be electrolisis ? any idea's on what is causing this??
Dennis Parker
Old 03-31-2011, 07:35 PM   #417

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Maybe this quote from Wikepedia is why you don't hear about it: "Statistical analysis of [the] data over a longer period of time did not show any evidence that [the law] reduced the rate of home burglaries [in Kennesaw.] "

The 2 studies cited in the Wiki article carefully avoided noting that violent crimes dropped immediately after implementation of the law, and Kennesaw currently has crime rates half the national average, in spite of being just outside metro Atlanta. Burglary rates dropped as well but not as much.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #418

Winnebago Owners Club
I think it's a personal Thing; I have a holister and a nice 6 shot pistol that fits in it nicely;Here In Seattle you can walk down most any street with it on , Fully loaded with 44 shells;; No one can stop or horass you; You don't even need a permit ;; When asked if I have a wepon/gun in the house, I just ask the person If they have a Fire extinguisher loaded in there house; Yes I have a Loaded 375 and if you get by my 2 dogs. Rot wielers You may be/get hurt ;; Guns are a last line of defence, for our own Defence and protection, and weather we/I would shoot or not. That desicion was made when I purchesed the wepon; I'll let you guess what it is;; Life is good;; I almost forgot In the Motorhome I have an old Windchester Model 12 If there is a comotion outside the door that would be thretining I just rattel a shell in the chamber before I Open the door. I hope I never have to use it , they are so messy;;
Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #419

Wiki is an open source website and anybody can add to and change the information. Many liberal folks go in and write things in a slanted fashion. Wiki is not really a valid source for anything controversial. It is great if you want to know how many islands there are in Indonesia, but much politically correct information is in there that is nonfactual. I read an article about a climate professor who had a mention in his bio that he believed in UFO's and other negative stuff in there. He went in and deleted the wrong information and it and worse kept coming back. He deleted it 14 times in one day. Anything in Wiki is not necessary factual.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #420

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I have a 410 that hasn't been fired since Hurricane Agnes when we used it to shoot snakes out of trees over the Chickahominy River after the flood waters went down. Snakes come in all stripes.