Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubeje View Post
Some police WILL give this advice...gave it to my brother after he was robbed. My CCW instructor said "do you think if this goes to court that that officer will admit it and take a chance of going to jail of losing his job...no he won't and besides that this is manufacturing evidence and if caught you WILL go to jail." Happened right here in my home town!
I'm not going to start something here---- but----Florida law---if someone is in your home (motorhome,) it's called home invasion and you can say you were afraid for your life; Then you are justified to shoot; again; shoot, drag the sucker in your motorhome and make sure he's dead, Of course you will have to lie a little, but if it comes to them or me, its no contest.

St Petersburgh paper had one last week, The homeowner shot and killed the guy-----no charges were issued. the dead guy was found in the home.

Another one in Tampa, a quick pick owner shot and killed a robber---again no charges.

If your brother was robbed and the robber had no weapon, he may have not been in fear of his life, thats why he had his problem.

The secret is to make sure you explain that you were in fear for your life- say that over and over and over.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #450

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
I'm not going to start something here---- but----Florida law---if someone is in your home (motorhome,) it's called home invasion and you can say you were afraid for your life; Then you are justified to shoot; again; shoot, drag the sucker in your motorhome and make sure he's dead, Of course you will have to lie a little, but if it comes to them or me, its no contest.

St Petersburgh paper had one last week, The homeowner shot and killed the guy-----no charges were issued. the dead guy was found in the home.

Another one in Tampa, a quick pick owner shot and killed a robber---again no charges.

If your brother was robbed and the robber had no weapon, he may have not been in fear of his life, thats why he had his problem.

The secret is to make sure you explain that you were in fear for your life- say that over and over and over.
Yep, still more afraid of the people in this thread than anything else on the road. I've made it to the age of 56 and have yet to feel the need to shoot anyone. Dragging wounded would be burglars into your RV and murdering them, falsifying evidence, lying under oath. WOW, and you might be camped next to me?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #451

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall View Post
Yep, still more afraid of the people in this thread than anything else on the road. I've made it to the age of 56 and have yet to feel the need to shoot anyone. Dragging wounded would be burglars into your RV and murdering them, falsifying evidence, lying under oath. WOW, and you might be camped next to me?
Really having trouble understanding your reasoning. I can cite hundreds, possible thousands, of incidents of drunk drivers, road rage, speeding, and burglaries that have caused fatalities on the road, and cannot find any such incidents of an armed RV'r shooting an innocent victim. May be some, but they must be few and far between.

I spent 20yrs under arms protecting you and all others in this country. Given your postings, I assume you also hide under your chair whenever you see a service man or women.

I do not really care if you are armed or not and in fact am glad that you are not. However, many of us who share the RV lifestyle have seen the other side as well and chose for us and our family members not to be victims. MOST of us will not lie, falsify evidence and are willing to accept the consequences of our actions. I hope never to have to put hands on my weapons other than to train, clean or secure, but when I do, I will use it, and with great effect, to protect myself, my family, and others from physical harm.

You've made your choice, we've made ours. I respect your choice, but from your posts you appear to denigrate ours only because it does not fit in your experiences. I hope that you will never have the experiences that some of us have had and will have many trouble free years of RV'n.

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Old 04-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #452

Never leave home without it. Belong to the NRA and don't apoligize and that's as far as I go with people who don't understand guns. It's right up there with discussing religion and politics.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #453

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob/Becky D - VA

Really having trouble understanding your reasoning. I can cite hundreds, possible thousands, of incidents of drunk drivers, road rage, speeding, and burglaries that have caused fatalities on the road, and cannot find any such incidents of an armed RV'r shooting an innocent victim. May be some, but they must be few and far between.

I spent 20yrs under arms protecting you and all others in this country. Given your postings, I assume you also hide under your chair whenever you see a service man or women.

I do not really care if you are armed or not and in fact am glad that you are not. However, many of us who share the RV lifestyle have seen the other side as well and chose for us and our family members not to be victims. MOST of us will not lie, falsify evidence and are willing to accept the consequences of our actions. I hope never to have to put hands on my weapons other than to train, clean or secure, but when I do, I will use it, and with great effect, to protect myself, my family, and others from physical harm.

You've made your choice, we've made ours. I respect your choice, but from your posts you appear to denigrate ours only because it does not fit in your experiences. I hope that you will never have the experiences that some of us have had and will have many trouble free years of RV'n.
Just ignore all my posts in this thread. I really should have known better that to jump in here. We live in different worlds. Must be a red state/blue state thing. Back to more positive discussions about RVing!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #454

Winnebago Owners Club
"I spent 20yrs under arms protecting you and all others in this country. Given your postings, I assume you also hide under your chair whenever you see a service man or women."

Is this kind of post really necessary? I would hope that a discussion, even about a subject that may be as controversial as CCW's and weapons in RV's, could be carried on more respectfully than this.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #455

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
A freind of mine shot and killed a crazed meth attict that broke out his entry door window and was reaching into to un-lock it,,Jerry fire once and ended the threat to his life. This was in a high end RV park. No charges... What do you think, do I carry or not?
Old 04-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #456

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
"I spent 20yrs under arms protecting you and all others in this country. Given your postings, I assume you also hide under your chair whenever you see a service man or women."

Is this kind of post really necessary? I would hope that a discussion, even about a subject that may be as controversial as CCW's and weapons in RV's, could be carried on more respectfully than this.
No disrespect intended. Comment was directed at the previous posters stated fear "of the people in this thread." Given your concern, I will remove the question that "offended" you.

Guess not - won't let me edit it. Presumedly because you quoted it. Again, no disrespect intended on my part. I must add however that you failed to note that I stated I respected the posters choice and wished him years of trouble free RV'n.

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Old 04-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #457

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob/Becky D - VA View Post
No disrespect intended. Comment was directed at the previous posters stated fear "of the people in this thread." Given your concern, I will remove the question that "offended" you.

Guess not - won't let me edit it. Presumedly because you quoted it. Again, no disrespect intended on my part. I must add however that you failed to note that I stated I respected the posters choice and wished him years of trouble free RV'n.
Thanks, I appreciate your follow up. You'll note I didn't use the quote capability of the board, so I could avoid pointing a finger too directly by having it name you, but in any event I think we're on the same page. Message boards can be a difficult way to communicate.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #458
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Whether you carry in your RV is a personal choice that you and you alone will have to make. If you are going to carry, you will have to make up your mind well in advance that you will and can pull the trigger if you or your family is threatened. It will do you no good to have a loaded weapon and you hesitate and try to make the decision at that time. That moments hesitation could change the out come of the situation.

As to whether I carry loaded falls into the category of ...Don't ask, don't tell.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 04-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #459

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob/Becky D - VA

My fear was from the poster who advocated moving the wounded body of a would be burglar he just shot into his RV. Then continued in recommending murdering the wounded burglar in the RV and lying to police and under oath in any follow up investigation. That is the type of person I would fear being anywhere near. What that has to do with respect for those in the armed services, I have no idea.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #460

LA Gulf Coast Campers
A few thoughts.....

1) Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
2) Never shoot to wound.
3) Only shoot when you feel you are in bodily danger.
4) Florida has a conceled carry permit that residents of othe states can apply for.
5) There is the "Castle Doctrine" that says you are allowed to carry in your own home (car, RV, truck) or on your own property without a permit.
6) Get a good gun and learn to shoot accurately. My wife and I both have 9mm Glocks, one of the safest guns made.
7) Never wave a gun around or make threats. Only bring your gun out when you feel you are in danger.
8) The Florida CCW has a lot of reciprocity.
9) New York does not accept any permit.
10) Canada does not allow pistols, but you can bring a hunting shotgun.

Kiwi
Old 04-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #461

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
True story: I worked at a condo conversion project in Phoenix and one day it was my job to let prospects into the building. The entire front of the building was glass and since there were no residents, we kept the door locked and admitted folks as they came up from the parking lot. A man walked onto our property and I could tell from his appearance that he wasn't there to see our condos. I talked to him through the locked glass door. He said he wanted in and after I explained to him that we were only open to show the model condos to guests he became agitated and said he'd let himself in. He took out a key and inserted it into the lock. It didn't turn the cylinder. So he took out a small file and started to file the key, reinserting it and trying again, then repeating this process again and again. I went back to the desk phone and called the police. Now...the Metro police department rear entrance was visible one block away. I could watch police cars come and go. The dispatcher asked me what I wanted. I told them where I was and that a man was trying to break into our building. They asked a couple more questions and said they'd send a car. He worked on the door for 15 more minutes then wandered off and walked up the street. 30 minutes later the police arrived. I bought a gun the next day.
Goggle for, "How to make a bump key"
Old 04-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #462

I think the smartest ones are the ones who haven't posted telling what they have , or if they have at all.
Closed Thread