Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2004, 03:53 PM   #71

Count me as "Always carry". But I believe that also carries with it a lot of responsibility. I took a CCW class in Arizona from an excellent instructor who emphasized a lot of personal defense training. I also shoot approx. 100-200 rounds a week and consistently practice shooting in all the positions and situations the instructor taught. Growing up in MT I have always been around and shot firearms from an early age.

'03 Jayco Eagle, 32', LRDR Slide
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2004, 06:41 PM   #72

I ALWAYS carry a pistol when we're traveling. I can handle getting into trouble for having it versus needing it and not having it.
There are many different types of varmints in the wilderness areas, and you never know what may pop up.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:36 PM   #73

Put me down as "always" carrying my pistol when traveling. I have a concealed handgun license, which is accepted in some states but not all.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:02 PM   #74

Had a person say, "If I have a weapon in my rig you might break in and steal it and use it on me." "If I say I don't have a weapon you might break in and steal my stuff." My feelings you don't need to know if I have a weapon or not.

Stan
Retired military, retired peace officer.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:08 PM   #75

I'm in the always group.

Huntsville, Alabama
Old 05-25-2004, 02:20 PM   #76

always. Don't go into mexico. I will not go anywhere when only the crooks have wepons.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:15 PM   #77

I really do not blame you for not going into Mx,but I still love vacationing there.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:29 PM   #78
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
WHY would you go anywhere without protection???

Count me as YES!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:43 PM   #79

Law Enforcement Officers are never really "Off Duty". As such are armed almost all of the time.

Cpl. D. Fauntleroy EBRSO (Reserve/Flotilla)
Old 06-08-2004, 03:55 PM   #80

Yes.

A firearm gives a person another option -a backup when other methods are not working, something when all else fails. If we could have police protection the instant we needed it then CCWs, shotguns under the bed and such wouldn't be needed. That'll be the day.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:59 PM   #81

Count us in the always category. We learned many years ago that you couldn't count on law enforcement to protect you from criminal attack. They RESPOND after the fact. And we don't depend on a telephone/cell phone. We decided that we are responsible for protecting ourselves from becoming victims. We also are very much aware of the awesome responsibility that goes with carrying a deadly weapon. We are licensed to carry and you'll never see the weapon, unless of course you were to try to harm us.

Just our two cents worth.

2003 Tiffin Phaeton 40' TGH Portable Surge Guard. 2001 Subaru Outback toad, Blue Ox Aladdin Tow system and US Gear supplimental braking.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:11 PM   #82

Always! I've been armed on my job for over 25 years. Anyone that thinks that it will not happen to them is living in La-La land. I've seen mom's and pop's robbed at Malls in broad daylight, in the middle of the day, as they entered their camper. REMEMBER THIS: No Police Officer, State,County,City or Federal is there to PROTECT you! They can only SERVE you after a law is broken by effecting an arrest. Until you are robbed/molested/killed Law Enforcement cannot do a thing. The Supreme Court of the United States RULED to that effect. If you are not prepared to defend yourself and take responsibility for your own safety, stay home and be "Sheeple" there. A firearm is only a tool, just as your spare tires. If you never will get a flat tire you wouldn't carry a spare. If your life or your loved ones life will never be threatened you wouldn't carry a gun. I've had to use a gun 2 times in my life. Once on the job, no shots fired. Once while camping in a National Forest to stop an attack from 2 large wild dogs, shot fired. For those that hike like we do "what do you do when your wife or daughter has 2 large dogs attacking them on a trail?" I hope you have your tool with you...............Mike
Old 06-11-2004, 03:05 AM   #83

Gunruner,
"Well said." Semper Fi

Tom, Kathy and Sydney
Old 06-11-2004, 04:20 AM   #84

yes always never leave home with out it ---i keep one under my pillow----i have a ccw--and i am a class 3 full auto guy--i have some kool full auto stuff------wy wife also has a ccw and class 3 stuff----i did 2 tours in south east asia---and we both always have one on our person and several back ups and lotts of ammo--we were parked at a mx track in california and were a day early and getting ready for the night and hear come some bikers and three of them thumped in on our camp and asked for gas and i told him all i had was diesel and pre mix and then he said well how about i just take your truck and your old lady,so i pushed back my shirt to show my 45 gov and told him that would be a bad idea and then the old lady comes out the door with my full auto uszi with a 75 round drum on it and said you guys better go and they fired up ther detroit defects and left--so you just dont know what waste of human life you will come in contact with------and you have got to be prepaired for anything----. you guys that dont carry and you camp out better learn whats realy out there and start carring and be proud that you can -----do you know why the colt 45 is called a "government 45"--think about it !!!
02 chevy 2500hd 4x4 d/a crew cab sb srw,20k easy rider air ride hitch,air lift bags with compressor for bags and hitch,edge ez juce box and hyperchip,jena my girlfriend a 140 lbs french mastiff and a 175 lbs english mastiff. living in an 02 40' trip
Closed Thread