Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2011, 04:50 AM   #421

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I do and always well. In states that don't allow your states permit. you need to lock them in a case away from you, like in the back of MH. shells locked in different case. States that do allow it, you can have it handy right next to you or on your person, and carry it most any place. Their are some places that you are not aloud to carry even with a permit. they are discussed in class.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:42 AM   #422

Vintage RV Owners Club
2 small dogs ..aluminum small ball bat..wasp spray....S&W 357....last resort. If you don't carry SOMETHING ...you better think about and or look into some of these crazy people using the drug called "METH" ...need I say more...it turns good people into crazy animals that will do anything for a fix....and they think they are superman when they are high...I prefer to stay away from the big cities...IF you think there is no need...YOU MIGHT BE THE NEXT VICTIM....or your wife.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:04 AM   #423

Winnebago Owners Club
I carry, and carry well. That means I am trained in the use of the weapon as well as the laws that govern it.

I read earlier a post from someone giving advice to move a wounded intruder inside then finish them off...pure stupidity in action!! This is what gives gun owners a bad name!! People who pay more attention to rumors than they do the law!

Furthermore, they stated that this "sage" advice was given them by a police officer?? That is a pure lie!! No real police officer would ever give that advice!

If you ever have to ask yourself if you should pull the trigger or not...the answer is no!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #424

I own a Ruger .380. I plan a trip to NE again this year and would like to cross over into Canada and/or NS. Does anyone know how the border guards feel about concealed weapons?
Old 04-02-2011, 06:51 AM   #425

Do not attempt to carry any pistol into Canada. You can get into real trouble doing this. Trying to sneak one in is even worse. Mail it back to your home at a border city on the US side. If you want to take a long gun in for hunting purposes only, that can be accomplished with paperwork done ahead of time.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #426
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Pistols in Canada = NO NO. A great way to wind up in jail.

Find gun shop or FFL dealer that will store or ship the pistol for you.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 04-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #427

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This really is a personal decision. I am a veteran and I am an NRA member (with stickers) and I do carry a conceal permit. When it comes to protecting my family I as many of you would stop at nothing to protect them. That being said I do and will always carry a gun. I carry a gun I shoot a lot so I am very accurate with it. It is a .357 S&W highway patrolmen revolver with 2 speed loaders. I prefer revolvers as they are less likely to have anything jam or miss fire. I also don't have to rack the slide to load one in the chamber. It is always loaded and ready for action just pull the trigger.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #428

Anywhere I am legal to do so I have a pistol tucked inside my waistband. I have a NV and a UT CWP which cover me pretty much everywhere that I travel to that allow carry. The only person I can trust to protect me and my family is myself.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #429

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
not only have we been told to drag his a$$ inside, we were also told that the last thing he said was "I'm gonna kill you".
Old 04-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #430

Somebody is giving some bad advice.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #431

We never leave home without it!!

We never leave home without it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john & sheri View Post
i have seen this on a website and now im really confused.. What do they define as a firearm. I know that a pistol you cant carry it from state to state but what about rifles and shotguns.. Dont get me wrong, i never ever brought my firearm with me but how many of you have and was it a pistol or rifle??

Do you carry a firearm in your rv?

With 2334 responses thus far, here's how the voting is going:

Always 39.55% (923)

often 13.45% (314)

rarely 7.41% (173)

never 39.59% (924)

john
01 2500 dodge ram quadcab 4x4
03 springdale 29'
Old 04-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #432

rdcd, What # post was that? I would like to vote...
Old 04-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #433

Workhorse Chassis Owner
POLICE will give that advice...happened to my brother after he was robbed. That being said, my instructor for CCW says " if it goes to court do you think the officer will tell the judge that he said that and take a chance of losing his job or worse...no he won't " and beside that this is manufacturing evidence and YOU WILL GO TO JAIL.

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
Old 04-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #434

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_N_Terry View Post
I carry, and carry well. That means I am trained in the use of the weapon as well as the laws that govern it.

I read earlier a post from someone giving advice to move a wounded intruder inside then finish them off...pure stupidity in action!! This is what gives gun owners a bad name!! People who pay more attention to rumors than they do the law!

Furthermore, they stated that this "sage" advice was given them by a police officer?? That is a pure lie!! No real police officer would ever give that advice!

If you ever have to ask yourself if you should pull the trigger or not...the answer is no!
Some police WILL give this advice...gave it to my brother after he was robbed. My CCW instructor said "do you think if this goes to court that that officer will admit it and take a chance of going to jail of losing his job...no he won't and besides that this is manufacturing evidence and if caught you WILL go to jail." Happened right here in my home town!

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
Closed Thread