Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #71

You sure her name aint Olive Oyl ?
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #72

Monaco Owners Club
Well, thankfully hubby and I are both outdoorsy types, but if he were not I would still get out there on my own. So, if your woman likes to stay in, I say get that fishing pole (or whatever else catches your fancy) and get on outta there. Nothing wrong with doing different activities while you're in camp. I'll often take a day-hike by myself (with pooch) if DH is not in the mood to come, or he'll take a trip somewhere without me if I'm feeling tired. Most things we do together, but some we'll do apart.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by rf4 View Post
Coleman 6 - you and I must be related!! I make all reservations, plan all trips, make sure everything in moho is packed and ready to go. In some instances, when DH must work late or I have more time off than he does, I drive moho (and sometimes pull the trailer full of ATV's) to our destination, set up and have dinner and drink ready when he gets there.

Have I always been the "perfect wife"...nope, we had a rocky time a few years back. BUT now we both appreciate each other and love each other more than before (going on 24 years)

As for advice for some on here who seem to hate their wives...look at the man in the mirror - no one is perfect!

We all have fllaws. Deciding to accept each other flaws and love them in spite of the flaws is the way to a much happier marriage. Repeated infidelity is NOT a flaw.

I agree, nobody is perfect. I'm sure hard to deal with at times, so is my husband. I believe in talking about what the problems are, and dealing with them. Some of my flaws make my husband laugh, which is what I usually need to get me back to baing the cheery person I normally am.

Repeated infidelity is sad. I believe most times that a woman is unfaithful if she is insecure and needs constant reassurance that she is desirable. Unfortunately, when a man sleep with a married woman, he desires one thing, and it ends with "No strings attached" since she is married!

I think he did his time, and needs to enjoy at least a small portion of his life. You never know what tomorow will bring.
Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #74

Coleman this is for you ............................

The difference explained

Wife's Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting strange. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner.

I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset by the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong;

He said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset.

He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving.

I can't explain his behavior I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.'

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

He just sat there quietly, and watched TV.

He continued to seem distant and absent.

Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed.

But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else.

He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else.

My life is a disaster.

Husband's Diary:

RV wouldn't start, can't figure it out.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #75

Damon Owners Club
I feel for you. But I learned long ago that I couldn't keep all the "boy-toys" and maintain a spouse at the same time.

I hope wherever my ex's ended up they are as happy as I am.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Coleman this is for you ............................

The difference explained

Wife's Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting strange. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner.

I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset by the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong;

He said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset.

He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving.

I can't explain his behavior I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.'

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

He just sat there quietly, and watched TV.

He continued to seem distant and absent.

Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed.

But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else.

He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else.

My life is a disaster.

Husband's Diary:

RV wouldn't start, can't figure it out.

I'm not really one to over dramatize though. He's quiet alot. Now if I'm quiet, I have 3 sons and him asking whats the matter.
Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
DW is always ready and waiting for me, think I'll keep her.
GOOD ANSWER... Hmmm, I think I'll keep you too
Old 06-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #78

It's sad to hear all the tales of diffculties. DW and I have known each other since I was 6 and she was 3. We have a photo of a Sunday School thing we were both in at that age. She had a tonsillectomy in 1948, done by the local GP on the kitchen table (hospitals were full of injured soldiers). My mother took her ice cream!

We've been married since 1964, and emigrated to the US in 1968 with two young children. We had two more after we got here, before we found out what was causing it.

Our kids are all friends with each other, even though the youngest lives in Tokyo.

DW and I both love the RV life and we do it all together. Neither of us is a procrastinator. We usually get 90% of what we need to take loaded the day before we leave, so it's just the last-minute things and our two dogs on the day of departure.

I guess I should be more thankful than I realised after reading many of the posts in this thread.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #79

As a woman, I say, take a guy freind with you.. I know I can use a break now and again
overtgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #80

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some of you guys better hope your lady doesn't find this thread. Some of you guys make your lady proud.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #81

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
In our case it's a race to see who gets to the truck first - the dogs usually win.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtgabby View Post
As a woman, I say, take a freind with you.. I know I can use a break now and again

The ladies reading these posts are not going to like this but:
According to yesterdays paper, %45 of the women over the age of 45 years old are either widowed, devorced, or never married,
ladies wake up; theres a lot of compitition out there for that guy of yours.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #83

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar

According to yesterdays paper, %45 of the women over the age of 45 years old are either widowed, devorced, or never married,
I'd say that might be for a reason after reading some of these posts, it works both ways! Some of the guys need to wake up if they plan on keeping the you have
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #84

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
True, there's competition in general for the older fellas, I suppose...

But first you have to assume these gals WANT to be married

and second...

This doesn't prove there would be any competition for YOU

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote