Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2020, 10:03 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do You Have Room to Host Full Timer

Reading posts here and other sites indicates to me that we have a situation that we need to consider the special needs of our full timing RV brethren as SP, NP, campgrounds closing combined with State Wide Stay at Home.

One way I feel we may be able to help is considering whether we who are in our S&Bs with 30/50amp service for our RV would consider, or be able to find a way to open up a hosting spot for our fellow RVers in need. Unfortunately mine is full with my own DP and the ground here in Central IL is so soft that I wouldn't dare park even a moderate weight RV as it would be stuck but maybe latter I can - seeing what I can do. Maybe others can do something too.

I would ask that if you are a full timer and looking for temporary hosting list your need here or maybe iRV2 would consider making a dedicated post site. Make sure you add where you are at or where you need a host site.

If you have space to host a fellow RVer during this emergency I would ask that you post your willingness. Make sure you post location, services available, and any other info you find desirable.

Perhaps there are some here who have a rented site in an open campground that your are not using and would make it available to a full timer - please post your willingness to consider making available. Post location and type.

If you know of others who might be willing to make host sites available please ask them to consider posting here so we can get some things rolling.

I'll be checking the post several times during the day to provide assistance as we are able.

Thanks for your help in this venture - Richard
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
UPDATE:

Just called the IL Governor's office to ask him and his task force to consider opening our SPs early and making them available to Full Time RVers needing a home. They promised to consider the request and let me know their decision. Government works slow but hopefully they will see the immediate need.

Maybe others could call their Governor and ask them to do the same.

Stay safe - Richard
Old 03-24-2020, 10:30 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I thought about this as well...then this morning the city sent out notices that all the beach parking lots will be closed indefinitely due to crowding of people not distancing themselves.

I called the city and asked if folks could hook up temporarily in driveways and city streets.

That question was met with a big no. Not even in your driveway.

I think they are afraid it would get out of control and cause huge enforcement issues.

All the state and county controlled campgrounds are closed here as well.

We need to keep thinking "out of the box".
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:49 AM   #4

The RV park in Flagstaff we are at has plenty of open sites and has no plans to close. I haven't seen any RV parks in Arizona that have closed. Is this really a big issue?
Old 03-24-2020, 10:50 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
While most will want to help,

the possibility of having to remove someone that doesn't want to move will deter me right away.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
The RV park in Flagstaff we are at has plenty of open sites and has no plans to close. I haven't seen any RV parks in Arizona that have closed. Is this really a big issue?

RV Parks in and around Camp Verde AZ are OPEN and have vacancies
Brand NEW LARGE RV Park right at I-17/Hwy 260 has many available sites

As to the 'hosting' idea......
Although a thoughtful gesture it could open a canful of issues.
Accidents/injury ----insurance concerns ---landlord/tenant relationship ----local ordinances/regulations etc

So one needs to weigh the 'whole' idea.

I am all for lending a helping hand.
Inviting 'strangers' to come and stay is way different then having family/friends come stay (which can have problems also)
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #7

johnBoyToo

You make a valid point. In most cases you would have to file for an eviction to remove anyone that decided to stay, even though they are on your property. And, during this troubled time, I believe an eviction process could be futile until this dilemma passes. Ray
texasrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:57 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Guys, I never really thought about the eviction aspect. As for Insurance I carry a large liability umbrella but I can see where it could be an issue too. We all need to take this into consideration. I got the idea from a previous reading, I think in Escapees, about hosting traveling members.

Glad to hear about AZ CGs still being open with sites available.

Richard
Old 03-24-2020, 12:16 PM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
While most will want to help,

the possibility of having to remove someone that doesn't want to move will deter me right away.
Ha, my first thought as well.

I've seen stories on the news where it has taken property owners months and months, to have someone evicted!
Old 03-24-2020, 03:36 PM   #10

This is a great conversation!
A friend of mine is a repo man. He's looking at 120 days, no repo's
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #11

There are many private RV parks that have spaces available. I would be cautious about inviting people to set up camp on your property unless you knew them well and their situation. Most full time RV'ers should be well prepared to handle finding a RV spot to park at.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:59 AM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I just find it sad that when America has a crisis, and there are practical ways we can help each other, the go to response is lawyers, lawsuits, insurance, eviction problems etc. etc. For once can't we be good neighbors and help each other out? Is it worth maybe taking a little risk to help out a fellow RV traveler? Maybe there is a lawyer out there who can draft a simple short term agreement or something. Just makes me sad that we can't help each other out.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:23 AM   #13

A lease agreement is useless.
Ask any one who needed to evect someone who has one.
Its unfortunate but that the way it is.

We still can help each other out by demanding that States help by keeping camp grounds open during this period, public and private. Not for free as a handout but at a reasonable rate.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:31 AM   #14

One thing not mentioned and something I carry but have never used.

Does your insurance policy have a "Trip interruption" clause?
Would being forced out of a park be considered a trip interruption?

Tags
full time, full timer