Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2021, 10:54 PM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogbelly View Post
I usually have mine nearly full.

You?
Full, full, full! I keep everything checked and ready to go at a moment's notice. Water full, Batteries charged, propane full, tire pressure checked, well-stocked with drinking water and food supplies, and most importantly, a full tank of gas before I park when returning home. I check my generator regularly because it is my 'go-to' in case of a power outage. My RV is my emergency escape pod. We have fires and power outages as a result. You never know when you will need to evacuate in a hurry. Failure to plan is planning to fail.
dtucker300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2021, 06:54 AM   #226

It depends on the size of the tank and how much you use/need. We have a 70 gallon fresh water tank and we normally leave home with 1/3. Works well for us.

Stay safe & Enjoy the Ride
Joe
HarleyRider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:24 AM   #227

Yes
david1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:16 PM   #228

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
You're kidding....RIGHT?

If carrying water in your coach is going to cause it to break down or run out of fuel, maybe you should be looking for a new RV. In my situation, my 43K DP doesn't know if the water is empty or full!
Yes, we should carry it a step further. Just keep a quarter tank of fuel and fuel more often so we don't have to carry all that fuel around.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:08 PM   #229

Winnebago Owners Club
Full. Our Travato is our earthquake/fire escape vehicle. Always loaded with camping gear, emergency rations and gear, extra water and layered protective devices.
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:55 AM   #230

Forest River Owners Club
that is so stupid carry more water then fuel . when u run out of water do u call the collagen man
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:08 AM   #231

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBass View Post
that is so stupid carry more water then fuel . when u run out of water do u call the collagen man
Why? Does lack of water immediately keep your from making collagen?
Old 06-22-2021, 10:08 AM   #232

As a boondocker I keep my water tank full as possible. With drought conditions worsening out west water is becoming scarcer and running out of water is not fun. If gas runs out due to some ransomware attack or corporate Amerika or OPEC wanting more profit may have to make do for a week or two; if water runs out - a couple of weeks without will be tough. Quartzsite AZ in Jan, 2018 for a couple of months and the local dump/fill station water well ran dry, had to come back a few days later once the aquafer refilled. If you only travel from hookup to hookup and have confidence you'll have water when you arrive at your destination then run with whatever quantity makes you happy. Personally I've noticed things are not quite as stable as when I was a kid growing up so I keep my water filled every chance I get, I fill my fuel tank when it hits half. I've been anti-gun all my life, I now have a Winchester 94 and 100 rounds in the coach.
tonyd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug57 View Post
Why? Does lack of water immediately keep your from making collagen?
Maybe that is why you see so many people with wrinkled faces driving class As.
PS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:41 AM   #234
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you are going to a campsite with water, why carry 50 to 100 gallons of extra weight. 100 gallons is 833 pounds. We usually carry about 15 gallons unless we will be in a no water area. Then we will wait to fill up until we are close to the campground.

Ken
Old 06-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #235

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider7 View Post
It depends on the size of the tank and how much you use/need. We have a 70 gallon fresh water tank and we normally leave home with 1/3. Works well for us.

Stay safe & Enjoy the Ride
Joe
Works well until you have an unexpected layover with no access to fresh water.
Yeah I know, skip the showers if need be, but that's not me and always like going 5 star in the master bath especially, with 95 gallons on board.
At 16 tons for the most part, I'm not about to worry about some extra weight.
With our old coach, the toad overloaded it, so did watch out a little more for making those long 6%+ grades in the heat of summer.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:46 PM   #236

No I do not.
mickeybitsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:01 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Works well until you have an unexpected layover with no access to fresh water.
Yeah I know, skip the showers if need be, but that's not me and always like going 5 star in the master bath especially, with 95 gallons on board.
At 16 tons for the most part, I'm not about to worry about some extra weight.
With our old coach, the toad overloaded it, so did watch out a little more for making those long 6%+ grades in the heat of summer.
What area are you traveling in? Africa?

If you used 7 gallons a day you would have 13 days of water!

Call up AAA and get a repair truck to you have an unexpected delay. Really, if you needed water to survive you can call emergency services. It may also be possible to call up a filtered water delivery service. And with all the delivery services like doordash you can have them deliver what you need.

No one here is saying travel with an empty fresh water tank.
PS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:15 PM   #238

We like our well water from home and are reluctant to put water from other sources in our tank. So we normally depart with full fresh and two full 6gal jugs, always when we’ll be boondocking, and always when there is a fresh water hookup with questionable water quality. If we’re going to a campsite with known good water quality, we go with 1/2 tank and empty jugs. Better fuel economy that way.

Tags
tank, travel, water